+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: James Bulger killer back in jail again

Blog Entries

Re: James Bulger killer back in jail again

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It doesn't work as a deterrent and is more expensive than life in prison. My biggest point against it though is would you trust this government with the power to kill you?
    ^^ This.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    How is hanging someone more expensive than keeping them in prison for life?
    The cost of going for a death penalty trial is a lot more expensive to begin with.

This from a cost of death penalty website.

A Seattle University study examining the costs of the death penalty in Washington found that each death penalty case cost an average of $1 million more than a similar case where the death penalty was not sought ($3.07 million, versus $2.01 million). Defense costs were about three times as high in death penalty cases and prosecution costs were as much as four times higher than for non-death penalty cases.

Then you have lengthy appeals which cost a shitload which means the majority of prisoners on death row end up dying in prison of natural courses anyway.

You cant just lynch people these days.

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty
    Last edited by Charlie; 23-11-17 at 16:10. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    How is hanging someone more expensive than keeping them in prison for life?
    According to figures in the US, cases without the death penalty cost $740,000, while cases where the death penalty is sought cost $1.26 million. Maintaining each death row prisoner costs taxpayers $90,000 more per year than a prisoner in general population.

How many people convicted and sent down for "life" have subsequently had their convictions quashed?

Search Timothy Evans, Derek Bentley, George Kelley....

Suzanne Holdsworth served three years of a life sentence for killing a child..before forensic evidence proved her innocence and she was subsequently released.

The Cardiff docks three, wrongly convicted of the brutal murder of Lynette white would be dead now if the death penalty was in place .....it was an horrific attack , she was mutilated

They were described as a pack of animals

The daily mail had a field day

It turns out they were not even there and were totally innocent

One of the men has now died and the other looks old beyond his years

A shocking miscarriage of justice

Venables is clearly a dangerous man but where , in terms of evidence , do we have a cut off point ?

Even DNA can be planted

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    And is it really a deterrent?
    I’m sure I read somewhere that the States in the US where the death penalty is active proves otherwise.
    It's no deterrent at all

It may bring peace to a family directly affected by a horrible crime but a lot of people have a very warped sense of right and wrong and are just lynch mob types

What's the difference between a gang of drunk lads kicking the crap out of a homeless person .....and him dying of his injuries ......and a paedophile ?

The victims in both cases are vulnerable but people who give someone a kicking wouldn't get more than five years for manslaughter ........if one of my friends became homeless and was kicked to death then surely those that did it are evil ?

And if they are evil they should be hung ?

No , capital punishment is not the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    The snowflake liberals who protect scum like this need to take a long hard look at themselves. He is evil and should not be mollycoddled
    It's crazy how much the political landscape has changed over the last couple of year? How does being anti death penalty or not wanting to kill someone make you a liberal?

It's crazy how much the political landscape has changed over the last couple of year? How does being anti death penalty or not wanting to kill someone make you a liberal?
    Not just a liberal, but a 'snowflake liberal'.

It is long past time for the goalposts to be moved back, and for keyboard fans of state murder to get the derogatory labels.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Maybe send him to Caldey Island to become a monk?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

It is long past time for the goalposts to be moved back, and for keyboard fans of state murder to get the derogatory labels.
    Anybody caught interfering with children need to have their liberty seriously restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Anybody caught interfering with children need to have their liberty seriously restricted.
    Yes. But what has that got to do with my post, or Croesy Blue's?

No one is saying they don't though. This is the sort of straw man bollocks the discussions have been reduced too. I don't want the state to be able to murder people seems to equal "free the peados"

The media have done an amazing job in shifting the goal posts towards the right and leading working class people to reducing their own rights.

Look at the reduction in legal aid and the reduction in quality of the NHS. All under our noses and without opposition because people have been lead to believe it's all the fault of immigrants.

The media have done an amazing job in shifting the goal posts towards the right and leading working class people to reducing their own rights.

Look at the reduction in legal aid and the reduction in quality of the NHS. All under our noses and without opposition because people have been lead to believe it's all the fault of immigrants.
    Got it in one

Yes. But what has that got to do with my post, or Croesy Blue's?
    I was just expressing an opinion that this category of offender needs to have their liberty restricted.

No one is saying they don't though. This is the sort of straw man bollocks the discussions have been reduced too. I don't want the state to be able to murder people seems to equal "free the peados"
    It was a simple statement with no mention of goalposts, straw men or death sentences.

I was just expressing an opinion that this category of offender needs to have their liberty restricted.
    I agree but so do wankers who rob elderly people in distraction break ins , someone who glasses a person in a pub fight leading to severe lifelong trauma for the victim etc

He's a dangerous man but child sex offenders are criminals that need to be monitored or locked up and the same goes for street thugs , armed robbers , rapists , blokes who beat up women , etc

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    And is it really a deterrent?
    I’m sure I read somewhere that the States in the US where the death penalty is active proves otherwise.
    I think that is correct.

Naturally people like revenge though, so if you haven't thought about the inevitable negative consequences of a death penalty it probably appears quite appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    In venables case he is now in prison for his 3rd crime against children. Im with the gangster, hang the bastard hes of no use to society.
    So why are we killing him then. Because he is of no use to society? This is starting to sound like quite an appealing policy to me. Can I be the one who gets to choose who is useful to society and who isn't?

He needs to be chemically castrated , asap

He's a dangerous man but child sex offenders are criminals that need to be monitored or locked up
    Monitoring him just did not work.
    Lock him up for till the day he Dies. How would that work for you?.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    ^^ This.
    They already have the power to kill certain people. Just start a meaningless war and hey presto, legal mass murder!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    So why are we killing him then. Because he is of no use to society? This is starting to sound like quite an appealing policy to me. Can I be the one who gets to choose who is useful to society and who isn't?
    No

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    They already have the power to kill certain people. Just start a meaningless war and hey presto, legal mass murder!!
    Plenty of them need locking up too.

Quote Originally Posted by James fox View Post
    Monitoring him just did not work.
    Lock him up for till the day he Dies. How would that work for you?.
    Fine by me

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Follow the logic :-

He was released after his terrible crime
    He was "monitored" and committed another crime / broke his release conditions - he was jailed again.
    He was released again
    He was "monitored" and committed another crime / broke his release conditions - he was jailed again.

Logic tells you - there is no effective deterrent, we know that if he is released he will offend again - as has been the case TWICE on top of his original crime.

He needs a 99 year sentence or kept in a secure mental facility (if he is psychotic). In which case we could then guarantee the public he would never be allowed out to do it again. He is very lucky we dont have a death sentence in the UK. Maybe he should share a cell with Charlie Bronson for a week or 2 - so he knows what it feels like to be attacked.
    Just hang the bastard with no right of appeal.

He won’t be missed.