+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: James Bulger killer back in jail again

Re: James Bulger killer back in jail again

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    **** off
    good argument, 10/10, won the debate

Venables is a **** who doesn't deserve to live. But along with the short-term pleasure of knowing he is dead, there are negatives with capital punishment and most have been mentioned already.

You can also add the complication in this case that he was a minor at the time. Presumably no one is suggesting we execute children but that's part of the reason why he's been released earlier than if he'd done it as an adult.

Dying in prison at an old age seems fair to me, especially if he wakes up each day wondering if this will be the day that he gets sugary boiling water poured on his head.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Whatever happened to prison being a place of reform and rehabilitation?
    PlayStation and pool tables

No cost, mistake or proving beyond doubt as far as the likes of venables and Huntley are concerned. No right of appeal.
    Yes but it isn't like that for every case.

I don't care about Venables human rights I would prefer he was dead, but once the state kills one person they will be able to kill another and the same process has to be taken every time. It isn't Venable's human rights I care about it's everyone else's.

Do people not also think life in prison is a worse punishment? If you're executed that's it straight to black, easy way out. Life in prison and never getting out sounds much more of a punishment to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yes but it isn't like that for every case.

I don't care about Venables human rights I would prefer he was dead, but once the state kills one person they will be able to kill another and the same process has to be taken every time. It isn't Venable's human rights I care about it's everyone else's.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Do people not also think life in prison is a worse punishment? If you're executed that's it straight to black, easy way out. Life in prison and never getting out sounds much more of a punishment to me.
    Depends whatntypenof jail and what privileges they get. These types need to be put in a box and left there only to be fed and watered basic amounts..but locking someone up in solitary (like they ought to be) is seen as inhumane..causes all sorts of mental issues including schizophrenia...haven't long watched the documentary series on the 16 year old from the Bronx who was wrongly sent to jail for stealing a backpack..he did months at a time in solitary andnthe effects were mental. Worth a watch. I'll edit post if I remember the name but it's easily googled.

Collateral damage
    I hope the irony of not caring about an innocent person being killed while wanting the death penalty for someone killing an innocent person isn't lost on you.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Depends whatntypenof jail and what privileges they get. These types need to be put in a box and left there only to be fed and watered basic amounts..but locking someone up in solitary (like they ought to be) is seen as inhumane..causes all sorts of mental issues including schizophrenia...haven't long watched the documentary series on the 16 year old from the Bronx who was wrongly sent to jail for stealing a backpack..he did months at a time in solitary andnthe effects were mental. Worth a watch. I'll edit post if I remember the name but it's easily googled.
    I think he should be locked up without any benefits at all, no tv, no games, no interaction with anyone but prison staff.

I'd love him to be able to just be locked up in solitary but agree it seems scary to think of an innocent person ending up in it and ruining their life like the guy you mentioned. I'll try and give that doc a watch.

Because of excusers and liberal twats who believe these fiends have human rights too
    Do you have a link to anything relating to the excusers?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Do you have a link to anything relating to the excusers?
    It’s Friday evening, I’ve just finished a long and fairly stressful working week, and you think I am going to spend my spare time trying to justify myself to you? That isn’t going to happen. The second word is “Off”

It’s Friday evening, I’ve just finished a long and fairly stressful working week, and you think I am going to spend my spare time trying to justify myself to you? That isn’t going to happen. The second word is “Off”
    Why are you so angry all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    I’m calm sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Man's cranky

I’m calm sweetheart
    OK hun just checking you are OK

As much as I'm against the return of capital punishment, it's a difficult position to defend when there's people like Mark Dixie being kept alive at great expense.

Sally Anne Bowman killer Mark Dixie jailed for more attacks - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42112913

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    As much as I'm against the return of capital punishment, it's a difficult position to defend when there's people like Mark Dixie being kept alive at great expense.

Sally Anne Bowman killer Mark Dixie jailed for more attacks - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42112913
    It would be a greater expense to kill him though.

Hopefully he gets his comuppence another way.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

What an evil bastard