+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 264 harrasment cases settled in US Congress

264 harrasment cases settled in US Congress

Re: 264 harrasment cases settled in US Congress

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

bloody ell that's a lot of $ something like $3,958,955,400.3 I think

There's gonna be some fallout over this, the taxpayers footed the bill!

There's gonna be some fallout over this, the taxpayers footed the bill!
    dam right there is , but they will pull their usual trick of getting people to focus elsewhere an enemy if you if
    will
    or am I being cynical mate

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    dam right there is , but they will pull their usual trick of getting people to focus elsewhere an enemy if you if
    will
    or am I being cynical mate
    I dunno what's going on exactly, it all reads like a Tom Clancy novel with so many twists and turns that it's hard to keep up! But it does seem to be some high-level maneuver that's been extremely well coordinated. In a matter of weeks we've had Hollywood, Saudi Arabia, the Clintons, and now congress. I don't think this could have happened without some serious intel backing it all up.

I dunno what's going on exactly, it all reads like a Tom Clancy novel with so many twists and turns that it's hard to keep up! But it does seem to be some high-level maneuver that's been extremely well coordinated. In a matter of weeks we've had Hollywood, Saudi Arabia, the Clintons, and now congress. I don't think this could have happened without some serious intel backing it all up.

yeah there are some benefitting from this
    someone or some group are suddenly pushing this now
    this goes back many many years ,
    and only recently has have the mainstream media decided to react to it (why now and not then) maybe the people in question haven't done what they been told too
    and their owners bring out the shite from years ago to try and ruin them

bloody ell that's a lot of $ something like $3,958,955,400.3 I think
    I make it less than $20m in total over 20 years ($1m per annum on average) rather than the $4 billion ( $200m per annum) in your calculations and it is unclear what type of offences are covered by these stats. Probably quite a bit hidden under the iceberg though.

Some big Democrat voices have suddenly got an interesting take on sexual harrasment, bearing in mind all that they've had to say about Roy Moore recently ..

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/26/ab...g-raped-video/

“One of the things to keep in mind is, in the base, even women are suspicious about these sexual harassment claims.”

She continued, “And part of the reason for that is that women who are not in fancy white collar jobs often have really awful things happen to them on the job. They are assaulted. They are raped. They have horrible things happen to them. And so when they hear women say, ‘he talked dirty to me,’ or ‘he came on to me,’ they think, ‘big deal. That’s not what happened to me. What happened to me is so much worse.’ And so there’s not that same sense of affinity.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/26/pe...s-hes-an-icon/

“We are strengthened by due process. Just because someone is accused — and was it one accusation? Is it two?” Pelosi replied. “John Conyers is an icon in our country."

I guess the liberal hypocrits have shot themselves in the foot?

https://pjmedia.com/election/roy-moore-fire-time/

What began as a targeted hit on Roy Moore in his Senate race against a faceless Democrat with the generic name of Doug Jones has now turned into a blazing ammo dump, littered with the bodies of Hollywood celebrities and politicians in both the United States and Britain. And yet, despite the best efforts of Gloria Allred, Moore is not only still standing, he is probably again leading in the race.

Only it didn't happen like this did it? The allegations against Harvey Weinstein were published in early October which triggered allegations against a significant number of celebrities and politicians in the US and beyond, much of it via the #metoo twitter feed. It was in full swing by the time The Washington Post reported on 9 November allegations that at the age of 32 Roy Moore had two dates with a 14 year old girl on the second of which it is reported he "took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes ... touched her over her bra and underpants ... and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear". This in turn led to a number of other women to come forward to accuse Moore of inappropriate behaviour when they were young girls including one who said he forced her head towards his crotch in a car when she was 16.

As the extract suggests it is quite possible that the voters of Alabama will elect an alleged paedophile given that their electoral college votes went to a self-confessed "pussy-grabber" by some margin in November 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Only it didn't happen like this did it? The allegations against Harvey Weinstein were published in early October which triggered allegations against a significant number of celebrities and politicians in the US and beyond, much of it via the #metoo twitter feed. It was in full swing by the time The Washington Post reported on 9 November allegations that at the age of 32 Roy Moore had two dates with a 14 year old girl on the second of which it is reported he "took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes ... touched her over her bra and underpants ... and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear". This in turn led to a number of other women to come forward to accuse Moore of inappropriate behaviour when they were young girls including one who said he forced her head towards his crotch in a car when she was 16.

As the extract suggests it is quite possible that the voters of Alabama will elect an alleged paedophile given that their electoral college votes went to a self-confessed "pussy-grabber" by some margin in November 2016.
    You are missing the point, the fact is they can no longer push for Moore to drop out after they lost the moral high ground, and the Democrats still have politicians in office who admitted abusive behaviour or have settlement agreements against them. Besides that, Moore has denied any wrongdoing and he is still waiting for his accuser to release her yearbook for handwriting analysis. Why won't she release it if she knows that it will surely prove his guilt .. or innocence

You are missing the point, the fact is they can no longer push for Moore to drop out after they lost the moral high ground, and the Democrats still have politicians in office who admitted abusive behaviour or have settlement agreements against them. Besides that, Moore has denied any wrongdoing and he is still waiting for his accuser to release her yearbook for handwriting analysis. Why won't she release it if she knows that it will surely prove his guilt .. or innocence
    Interesting that you talk about politicians in office. The Republican President's ex-wife was granted a divorce on the grounds of his "cruel and inhuman treatment" of her; she made a sworn deposition that he raped her but who knows what happened behind the scenes that led to her saying it wasn't rape in the "literal" sense and having a gag order that prevents her from talking about the marriage without the express permission of the now-President.

It was probably locker room talk. After all, we know he treats women very well if you exclude the dozens of women who have accused him of varying degrees of abuse.

If that was the point you were trying to make (difficult to make out given you posted a hyperlink and the opening paragraph but no opinion) then perhaps you should have used some better source material than that distortive article. On your second point it would be rather surprising if someone running for office who was accused of being a paedophile (which even in Alabama is presumably a criminal offence) did not issue a denial though on the broader point of a pattern of him favouring young girls his defence of a bad memory and always seeking the permission of their mothers is hardly convincing. "If did, you know, I'm not going to dispute anything but I don't remember anything like that ... I don't remember ever dating any girl without the permission of her mother."

I see the Washington Post stopped a right wing attempted "fake news" sting presumably aimed at discrediting the substantive allegations against Moore

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.3e432195565d

If that was the point you were trying to make (difficult to make out given you posted a hyperlink and the opening paragraph but no opinion) then perhaps you should have used some better source material than that distortive article. On your second point it would be rather surprising if someone running for office who was accused of being a paedophile (which even in Alabama is presumably a criminal offence) did not issue a denial though on the broader point of a pattern of him favouring young girls his defence of a bad memory and always seeking the permission of their mothers is hardly convincing. "If did, you know, I'm not going to dispute anything but I don't remember anything like that ... I don't remember ever dating any girl without the permission of her mother."

I see the Washington Post stopped a right wing attempted "fake news" sting presumably aimed at discrediting the substantive allegations against Moore

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.3e432195565d
    If he's guilty kick him out, but please supply the evidence that is a bit more substantial that a yearbook with a seemingly faked signature.

If he's guilty kick him out, but please supply the evidence that is a bit more substantial that a yearbook with a seemingly faked signature.
    You (in a remarkably similar manner to Breitbart) seem to be using one element of one of the many accusations against Moore (made after the original WP article about the woman who was 14 at the time) as the sole basis of confirming whether these women are telling the truth rather than whether the sum of the evidence from both those who he courted and other witnesses shows a pattern of sufficient inappropriate behaviour to question his fitness for office (at the very least). A number of his own party and it would seem Trump's own daughter have either doubts or disbelief in his defence. Trump appears to support the alleged paedophile on the basis that he is a better option for Alabama and Congress than a Democrat, showing again that Moore may not be the only one unfit for office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Mo...se_allegations

I make it less than $20m in total over 20 years ($1m per annum on average) rather than the $4 billion ( $200m per annum) in your calculations and it is unclear what type of offences are covered by these stats. Probably quite a bit hidden under the iceberg though.
    yeah sorry my calculations were slightly off there
    I would imagine there is a hell of a lot under the iceberg

yeah sorry my calculations were slightly off there
    I would imagine there is a hell of a lot under the iceberg
    No probs. Though if you are working anywhere processing PPI claims I will know where to put in an application!

No probs. Though if you are working anywhere processing PPI claims I will know where to put in an application!

You (in a remarkably similar manner to Breitbart) seem to be using one element of one of the many accusations against Moore (made after the original WP article about the woman who was 14 at the time) as the sole basis of confirming whether these women are telling the truth rather than whether the sum of the evidence from both those who he courted and other witnesses shows a pattern of sufficient inappropriate behaviour to question his fitness for office (at the very least). A number of his own party and it would seem Trump's own daughter have either doubts or disbelief in his defence. Trump appears to support the alleged paedophile on the basis that he is a better option for Alabama and Congress than a Democrat, showing again that Moore may not be the only one unfit for office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Mo...se_allegations
    Same lawyer though isn't it, the one with the dodgy past Don't you think it's odd that there are people currently in political office with proven abuse allegations against them, yet you want to prevent Moore from being elected because of unproven allegatations?

BTW those sealed abuse settlements sitting in congress are supposed to be 95% Democrats. I wonder if the left will support the unsealing of these documents?

Suddenly due process makes a comeback

Re: Suddenly due process makes a comeback

I enjoyed the second part of Hannity's rant. His mates are really sh*tting themselves about Mueller if they sent him out with this it would appear!

I enjoyed the second part of Hannity's rant. His mates are really sh*tting themselves about Mueller if they sent him out with this it would appear!
    It's refreshing to see fair and balanced reporting

It's refreshing to see fair and balanced reporting
    Would expect nothing else from one of Rupert's flagship outlets!

Same lawyer though isn't it, the one with the dodgy past Don't you think it's odd that there are people currently in political office with proven abuse allegations against them, yet you want to prevent Moore from being elected because of unproven allegatations?

BTW those sealed abuse settlements sitting in congress are supposed to be 95% Democrats. I wonder if the left will support the unsealing of these documents?
    What the "lawyer with the dodgy past" is asking seems reasonable to me given her client is willing to testify on oath. Just needs Judge Roy to take the bible, ten commandments and all, in his hand and do likewise.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...r-verification