+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reviews-Trip Advisor etc......

Reviews-Trip Advisor etc......

I don't know how I got there, but I've been reading reviews of various restaurants in Cardiff, and holy shit, there are some precious people out there folks. I found myself enjoying the absolute maddening lengths people will go to in order to vent their anger, over having a mediocre curry, or their 'Special Night' being spoilt by the Tapas not having enough choice. Then there's the excitable 'Amazing' 'Cheese Cake To Die For' Contributors, which doesn't sound like a wise option. Some fantastic Photographic options portraying various hotels, Cracked tiles, Dodgy Grouting and a bit of dust on top of the wardrobe......Scandalous stuff that needs reporting.....I suppose it accentuates, in a small way, that Society is getting a little more precious as time goes by, and going down the road for an average Curry etc, is just not good enough anymore. If anyone does have the time (and they probably really shouldn't) check out the Youngers chip shop reviews on Trip Advisor, The owner, calls out every negative review, even accuses some Vegans of shit stirring due to him not stocking Vegan sauces.........it's gold..

Re: Reviews-Trip Advisor etc......

It's a fact that most online reviews are posted by the disgruntled and that most people who are happy, just don't bother. There is no telling how large the disgruntled percentage might be of the total clientele.

Fecking dim witted idiots

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    It's a fact that most online reviews are posted by the disgruntled and that most people who are happy, just don't bother. There is no telling how large the disgruntled percentage might be of the total clientele.
    I have also read that one in seven negative postings are bogus (and often submitted by rival establishment). I'm not sure about that proportion being correct but it's something to bear in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't know how I got there, but I've been reading reviews of various restaurants in Cardiff, and holy shit, there are some precious people out there folks. I found myself enjoying the absolute maddening lengths people will go to in order to vent their anger, over having a mediocre curry, or their 'Special Night' being spoilt by the Tapas not having enough choice. Then there's the excitable 'Amazing' 'Cheese Cake To Die For' Contributors, which doesn't sound like a wise option. Some fantastic Photographic options portraying various hotels, Cracked tiles, Dodgy Grouting and a bit of dust on top of the wardrobe......Scandalous stuff that needs reporting.....I suppose it accentuates, in a small way, that Society is getting a little more precious as time goes by, and going down the road for an average Curry etc, is just not good enough anymore. If anyone does have the time (and they probably really shouldn't) check out the Youngers chip shop reviews on Trip Advisor, The owner, calls out every negative review, even accuses some Vegans of shit stirring due to him not stocking Vegan sauces.........it's gold..
    Full of reviews from people who pay for £50 a night hotels but sulk like babies that they do not get £500 a night quality.

You need to get out more pal

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Full of reviews from people who pay for £50 a night hotels but sulk like babies that they do not get £500 a night quality.
    Seems like that. People taking photos of fading curtains and not quite white silicone joints in the bathroom, then probably moaning to some poor bastard on minimum wage. There seems to be a sense of entitlement with some people, I could understand if the place was filthy, but a bit of wear and tear isn't going to spoil your 'Special Night' is it? It's the smart phone generation, seem to think that they have to express their joy, disappointment and outrage at any given moment. Wankers.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You need to get out more pal
    I would, but there's isn't anywhere decent to go.........

I would, but there's isn't anywhere decent to go.........

Seems like that. People taking photos of fading curtains and not quite white silicone joints in the bathroom, then probably moaning to some poor bastard on minimum wage. There seems to be a sense of entitlement with some people, I could understand if the place was filthy, but a bit of wear and tear isn't going to spoil your 'Special Night' is it? It's the smart phone generation, seem to think that they have to express their joy, disappointment and outrage at any given moment. Wankers.
    Agree total wankers

You have hit the nail on the head there. Wankers.

In terms of actual reviews Trip Advisor has become a bit of a waste of time nowadays unfortunately
    As already suggested, it now seems to be scary portal by which to observe just how entitled, fragile, helpless and downright selfish many people have become.

Or spot the shills for a rival business.

If I go out for a curry and it's not great I just won't go back , the idea of having a moan on the internet about it is insane and as had been said , typical of this modern everything in your face social media nonsense

I would much rather waste my time talking bollocks on here , at least I am amongst friends

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    This just about nails it.

"Hi I'm thinking of buying but there are one or two review's I'd like you to explain first"

It's quite simple to explain that some people just get the hump and honestly just write shit half the time. Half the customers I deal with are great on the phone and via email etc then leave shit reviews. I honestly don't get it.

I usually refer to it before visiting a hotel or a country for this first time.
    The way i do it is to ignore the most pedantic and downright stupid complaints - think Mrs Richards in fawlty towers, and just got a feel for how many good or bad reviews there are, rather than get too bogged down in the specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If I go out for a curry and it's not great I just won't go back , the idea of having a moan on the internet about it is insane and as had been said , typical of this modern everything in your face social media nonsense

I would much rather waste my time talking bollocks on here , at least I am amongst friends
    Yeah its much sane to moan about the people having a moan on the internet, on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I usually refer to it before visiting a hotel or a country for this first time.
    The way i do it is to ignore the most pedantic and downright stupid complaints - think Mrs Richards in fawlty towers, and just got a feel for how many good or bad reviews there are, rather than get too bogged down in the specifics.
    This

it is fairly easy to spot the idiots who review stuff, click on the name and read some of the others they have done

Looking at NY hotels and have used Trip adviser, one of the reviews marked the hotel 3 and said " the cab ride from the hotel took too long due to traffic " how the hell is the hotel to blame for that ? ? ?

I saw one on there for a holiday park I went to last summer. It read something along the lines of "Facilities were disappointing. It spoilt our holiday that we couldn't play crazy golf because the heavy rain had waterlogged the course."

Sometimes the questions and answers can be amusing. One person asked whether something was open in January (can't remember what it was). Some of the replies were "it's open in July, it might be in January as well", "phone them and ask", "I'd like to know the same for March", "Dunno, it closes sometimes" etc. Who are these fecking retards?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...n_England.html

Then there are places like this reviewed on there

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    This

it is fairly easy to spot the idiots who review stuff, click on the name and read some of the others they have done

Looking at NY hotels and have used Trip adviser, one of the reviews marked the hotel 3 and said " the cab ride from the hotel took too long due to traffic " how the hell is the hotel to blame for that ? ? ?
    The hotel should habe been closer to where they were going, obviously.

Do any of you work for places that people leave reviews?
    Not going to mention anything personal about myself on the internet..too many weirdos about..but I always have a giggle reading ours.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Do any of you work for places that people leave reviews?
    Not going to mention anything personal about myself on the internet..too many weirdos about..but I always have a giggle reading ours.
    Yes. 5 star (obviously)!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...les_Wales.html

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Show off

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Agree total wankers
    That was my complaint about the previous occupants of the bed in a hotel I once stayed in. You could shuffle the bastard sheets 😡😡