+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cornelius

Cornelius

Scored two in the last few mins at the end of the Europa League game v Everton.

FT Everton 1 - 5 Atalanta

Re: Cornelius

Another cameo from the "Captain of Wales"!

To be fair it was only against Everton.

Still, I’m sure it will give a certain aUtHor enough ammo to bash Tan for the rest of the week, possibly two.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Rather sadly as soon as he gave the pen I thought of you posting on here tonight 😂

I don’t think he’ll be a first teamer for Wales much longer, knocking on a bit and his club form has been awful this season. Bale or Rambo will get the armband hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post

I don’t think he’ll be a first teamer for Wales much longer, knocking on a bit and his club form has been awful this season. Bale or Rambo will get the armband hopefully.
    Until we have a capable centre half to replace him he will soldier on.

Shame Ginge has turned his back on his country. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Rather sadly as soon as he gave the pen I thought of you posting on here tonight ��
    Mike started it!

Ampadu possibly.

Ginge is past it at international level.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Ampadu possibly.

Ginge is past it at international level.
    He’s got another campaign in him

He’s got another campaign in him
    Ginge? Nah. Williams is in decline, Ginge is further down that road.

'Ginge',unfortunately, has a recurring injury problem, which is a shame, as he could have / should have captained HIS country a lot more.

Collins has never "turned his back on his country", so that's quite a pathetic statement really,and should be retracted immediately.

'Ginge',unfortunately, has a recurring injury problem, which is a shame, as he could have / should have captained HIS country a lot more.

Collins has never "turned his back on his country", so that's quite a pathetic statement really,and should be retracted immediately.
    Turned his back on his country twice and that’s a fact

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post

Williams has been brutally exposed since teams started pressing defenders, and not allowing them to pass it around their full backs and GK, something Williams excelled at with the Jacks. He's a phoney, like some (especially one!) on here.

Turned his back on his country twice and that’s a fact
    He never, although he should have!
    He should have quit all together,for being overlooked for a second rate rejected Englishman, who couldn't lace his boots!

He never, although he should have!
    He should have quit all together,for being overlooked for a second rate rejected Englishman, who couldn't lace his boots!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24042840

With that attitude it’s no wonder he had to play second fiddle. That’s not the behaviour of a captain.

Williams has been brutally exposed since teams started pressing defenders, and not allowing them to pass it around their full backs and GK, something Williams excelled at with the Jacks. He's a phoney, like some (especially one!) on here.
    I’m sure we’ll find another English born CB to replace him so cheer up

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Ginge? Nah. Williams is in decline, Ginge is further down that road.
    I know. I’m just humouring his no.1 fan.

I know. I’m just humouring his no.1 fan.
    Ah. As you were then.

So Malky was right, he was one for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    So Malky was right, he was one for the future.
    Of course he was, but do you really think malky spent £8 million on him and gave him the number 9 shirt for him to make a few cameos ?
    Malky rolled the dice and lost on that one, then tried to cover his arse by saying it was a signing for the future.

If we had played to his strengths and he hadn't have been injured then who knows it could have worked out differently

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Of course he was, but do you really think malky spent £8 million on him and gave him the number 9 shirt for him to make a few cameos ?
    Malky rolled the dice and lost on that one, then tried to cover his arse by saying it was a signing for the future.

If we had played to his strengths and he hadn't have been injured then who knows it could have worked out differently
    Tongue in cheek posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

If Tan had been more supportive instead of using him as the public scapegoat, then it would also have helped.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24042840

With that attitude it’s no wonder he had to play second fiddle. That’s not the behaviour of a captain.
    That was after Coleman hadn't even picked him (our most experienced, highest scoring, Premier league defender), in his original squad!

Like I said, I would have told Coleman where to go long before Collins did!

To be fair it was only against Everton.

Still, I’m sure it will give a certain aUtHor enough ammo to bash Tan for the rest of the week, possibly two.
    Same people that said Cornelius couldn't roll the ball into an empty net will all claim Tan is a menace over there. Not so much as clicked on there in weeks. Used to have the occasional nose on a weekly/monthly basis.

Strikers are all about confidence. For whatever reason he visibly had none, big fee, possibility of being responsible for goals for a team new to the league, big move on his own.. whatever the reason..I remember being excited we had him (mind boggled at the price as I'd seen 1m and no more than 5m quoted) he didnt do it for us, hes managed to go to a decent Italian outfit and score goals...good on him.

That was after Coleman hadn't even picked him (our most experienced, highest scoring, Premier league defender), in his original squad!

Like I said, I would have told Coleman where to go long before Collins did!
    If you are captain of your country then you cant have the attitude displayed by Ginge. He has every right to be dissapointed by nbot being in the squad of course, but sulking, thats unproffesional. Colemans actions were justified as he was obviously dropped in the first place for his attitude, not his ability.

When you compare that attitude to that of England captains such as David Beckham, and Wayne Rooney, both of whom were dropped and forced their way back into squads admirably, not to mention the dogs abuse they received off some sections of the fans and media, then you cant possibly make a case for Ginge being an international captain.

Ashley Williams, an Englishman, has been far more commited to the Welsh cause than a so-called Welshman, Collins has been over the years.