+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Statement from Cardiff City Supporters' Trust.

Re: Statement from Cardiff City Supporters' Trust.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I know people hated the rebrand but I'm amazed that Vincent Tan converting 20 million debt to equity has turned into a "let's give the PE teacher some credit thread!
    You're amazed, I'm flabbergasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    And just missed out on play-offs, finishing 8th.
    WE DID NOT JUST MISS OUT ON THE PLAYOFFS. We finished 8th. The team that fished 6th had 6 more points than us and a +16 greater goal difference.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Slade was all right , it was the massive spending of Jones and malky that screwed us up

Jones paid out huge wages
    We hardly had any Jones players left when we were in the Prem.
    There’s a handful I can think of (Whitts, Kev, Marshall and Hudson) but these were all regulars under Mackay anyway.
    OGS had to be the worst for throwing money around willy nilly and offering silly wages for silly transfer fees and we ended up paying off most of those players just to leave.
    One good thing though, or two as I should say, he did sign Manga and Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    We hardly had any Jones players left when we were in the Prem.
    There’s a handful I can think of (Whitts, Kev, Marshall and Hudson) but these were all regulars under Mackay anyway.
    OGS had to be the worst for throwing money around willy nilly and offering silly wages for silly transfer fees and we ended up paying off most of those players just to leave.
    One good thing though, or two as I should say, he did sign Manga and Morrison.
    OGS , he spent like it was going out of fashion, mostly on untried and untested players.

Only morrison was probably up to it.

OGS should never be allowed anywhere into British football again.

it seemed if it moved and he was available , he bought it.

Lim also culpable as he was the CEO.

Shame that such a golden goose has turned into an albatross.

International

We won't need to worry about the loss of parachute payment. We'll be in the Prem!!!!

Great news. Few years ago we looked as though at best we were going into administration at worst out of business.

Worst case scenario now is we dont go up and have to sell our best players. So what same as loads of club. Just need people in place to get right players in to replace them.

One of the main Cardiff City haters was predicting no professional football in Cardiff around this time. He must be gutted.

Good to see the recognition of the overspending of Jones. Still see people say he worked on a shoestring budget. Does my head in.

Good news on the debt to equity.

The last few years since Choo has been here the club have been doing everything right.

In terms of the loss of parachute payments it's worrying, but Warnock has shown theee are good players out there on the cheap and we need also to develop our own.

Better though if we can go up, even if only for a couple of years and come back down with 3-4 more years of parachute money and this time use it sensibly !