+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Operation Barbarossa , World At War , Yesterday channel now

Operation Barbarossa , World At War , Yesterday channel now

What a pair of complete ***** Hitler and Stalin were ......the Stalin purges were horrific .......and what an idiot Hitler was taking on the might of the red army in the depths of a Russian winter , the war was effectively over once he ignored his generals advice , his troops were massacred , froze to death , his tanks got stuck and it was the beginning of the end

Stalin's red army advance through Poland was horrific as the allies stood by

Fecking war

Re: Operation Barbarossa , World At War , Yesterday channel now

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What a pair of complete ***** Hitler and Stalin were ......the Stalin purges were horrific .......and what an idiot Hitler was taking on the might of the red army in the depths of a Russian winter , the war was effectively over once he ignored his generals advice , his troops were massacred , froze to death , his tanks got stuck and it was the beginning of the end

Fecking war

Think the same happened to Napoleon.

Fecking war
    Not sure if you are into reading but if you are, then get hold of a copy of Bloodlands by Timothy Snyder, Pretty hard going and lots of statistics but really brings home the horrors that these two wrought on Poland and the Ukraine. I thought that I knew a lot about it until I read that book.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Not sure if you are into reading but if you are, then get hold of a copy of Bloodlands by Timothy Snyder, Pretty hard going and lots of statistics but really brings home the horrors that these two wrought on Poland and the Ukraine. I thought that I knew a lot about it until I read that book.
    Nice one mate , will check it out , have read a fair bit about Stalingrad

Fecking war
    This is so true...
    but if he had listened to his generals and left Russia alone, would we all be speaking German today?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Just ordered a copy off Amazon , sounds like an absorbing read

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    This is so true...
    but if he had listened to his generals and left Russia alone, would we all be speaking German today?
    Possibly but with the Americans on board I think we would have eventually prevailed although the loss of life would have been horrific