+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Latest terrorist outrage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Latest terrorist outrage

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Agree there would be nothing else in the news, we would have tens of stories a week.
    It's the Facebook profile change/Twitter hashtag pricks that I dislike. Put a lovely picture of a word quote on Instagram "to show I care" people are just desperate as they fall over to show they care more than the next idiot.
    Or 'virtue-signalling' people to use the parlance of our times. I had similar issues when these overnight humanitarians started popping up all over FB after the government voted to start bombing Syria a couple of years ago. Syria was being bombed for months before we got involved by other Western nations, but these bellends didn't mention it once, but all of a sudden it becomes "terrible" as soon as we start to get involved.

That, and seeing some weedy prune interviewed on the news who was involved in a "lie down" protest outside the Houses of Parliament as the vote was taking place. He was the typical spineless sheltered "liberal" type who claimed that "we don't live in a real democracy anymore" and that the UK is tantamount to a fascist state. I'd love to know how he'd get on in North Korea....

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Or 'virtue-signalling' people to use the parlance of our times. I had similar issues when these overnight humanitarians started popping up all over FB after the government voted to start bombing Syria a couple of years ago. Syria was being bombed for months before we got involved by other Western nations, but these bellends didn't mention it once, but all of a sudden it becomes "terrible" as soon as we start to get involved.

That, and seeing some weedy prune interviewed on the news who was involved in a "lie down" protest outside the Houses of Parliament as the vote was taking place. He was the typical spineless sheltered "liberal" type who claimed that "we don't live in a real democracy anymore" and that the UK is tantamount to a fascist state. I'd love to know how he'd get on in North Korea....
    Pathetic isn't it. UK citizens organising themselves to protest against the actions of the UK government. They don't deserve to show themselves on the streets unless they can prove they've been tortured by the North Korean secret police. Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Pathetic isn't it. UK citizens organising themselves to protest against the actions of the UK government. They don't deserve to show themselves on the streets unless they can prove they've been tortured by the North Korean secret police. Great post!

Thanks ;) I don't have a problem with people protesting on the street if they don't cause damage or harm to others, but I do have a problem with people's skewed perspectives on things. Describing the UK as a "fascist state" is an insult to those that have lived and died under actual fascism.

Thanks ;) I don't have a problem with people protesting on the street if they don't cause damage or harm to others, but I do have a problem with people's skewed perspectives on things. Describing the UK as a "fascist state" is an insult to those that have lived and died under actual fascism.
    You are doing it again. Do I need to have tunnelled out of Auschwitz to criticise the British Government? We all pay for the things they choose to do on our behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    You are doing it again. Do I need to have tunnelled out of Auschwitz to criticise the British Government? We all pay for the things they choose to do on our behalf.
    Sorry to disagree again (even though we've agreed separately in other posts on this thread) but people shouldn't cry "fascism" at every government decision that they don't like. When on earth did I imply that they shouldn't be able criticise the government? Calling them "fascists" is cheap and pathetic.

Do you also not see the irony in people being allowed to demonstrate freely and yet they have the audacity to call the government "fascists"? Please.....

Sorry to disagree again (even though we've agreed separately in other posts on this thread) but people shouldn't cry "fascism" at every government decision that they don't like. When on earth did I imply that they shouldn't criticise the government? Calling them "fascists" is cheap and pathetic.

Do you also not see the irony in people being allowed to demonstrate freely and yet they have the audacity to call the government "fascists"? Please.....
    These are two separate issues.

- People who exaggerate (in your opinion).
    - People who only criticise when it is their own government.

I have given a rational reason for the 2nd one. The first is just human nature, is it not?

These are two separate issues.

- People who exaggerate (in your opinion).
    - People who only criticise when it is their own government.

I have given a rational reason for the 2nd one. The first is just human nature, is it not?
    In my opinion? Don't you think it's an exaggeration to call the UK government fascists and take the liberties that we have for granted? Exaggeration, narrow perspective, ignorance...who knows? I'd certainly call ignorance human nature.

And those that protest against Syrians being killed only when it's their government doing it still makes them crap humanitarians and inconsistent in their beliefs.

There is still a lot of information that may possibly come out in the wash regarding Syria.

A wise man once said

The reason people go crazier if it happens closer to home is because it's not only more newsworthy to them but also because it's not expected to happen around here.

A wise man once said
    Thank you, thank you ;) So, the UK bombing Syria is closer to home and more newsworthy therefore that's why they decided to protest against it? They only care about Syrians being killed if it's [B]our[B] country killing them?

As I said, overnight humanitarians with inconsistent beliefs.

Thank you, thank you ;) So, the UK bombing Syria is closer to home and more newsworthy therefore that's why they decided to protest against it? They only care about Syrians being killed if it's [B]our[B] country killing them?

As I said, overnight humanitarians with inconsistent beliefs.
    I can accept that bad things happen in the world and I can't do anything to control them. When my taxes pay for it, I feel the need to say something. Is this not acceptable?