+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Latest terrorist outrage

Latest terrorist outrage

ISIS latest caper has resulted in approx 300 people dead.

Burst into a mosque, set off a bomb, then shot at people trying to escape, including incoming ambulances.

Absolutely shocking.

Strangely though, I’m not seeing #jesuisegypt trending, profile pics changed to the Egyptian flag.

Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson are strangely silent.

Why is that I’m wondering?

Re: Latest terrorist outrage

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    ISIS latest caper has resulted in approx 300 people dead.

Burst into a mosque, set off a bomb, then shot at people trying to escape, including incoming ambulances.

Absolutely shocking.

Strangely though, I’m not seeing #jesuisegypt trending, profile pics changed to the Egyptian flag.

Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson are strangely silent.

Why is that I’m wondering?
    Who is Jesu?

Je suis

Half the idiots that are outraged because it's fashionable haven't got a clue about the people that die daily at the hands of these wankers all over the world. Only give a **** if it's new York Paris or London.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Half the idiots that are outraged because it's fashionable haven't got a clue about the people that die daily at the hands of these wankers all over the world. Only give a **** if it's new York Paris or London.
    True

The people most affected by these terrorists are those in Iraq, Egypt , Syria , Afghanistan , Pakistan etc

These evil people know no boundaries

The likes of Katie Hopkins are , as you say , very silent

It says it all

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yep
    Or Barcelona, to be fair.

Or Nice

Or Brussels

If they want to blow each other up that’s their prerogative

Or Berlin

Or Manchester

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Or Manchester
    Bore off. Give us all an early Xmas present and have one day off. As if I was going to post all the cities..."London Paris new York" is fashionable init brah.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    ****ing hell mate.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Nor the starving millions in Yemen due to a food and medicine blockade by Saudi Arabia, in fact are the media even reporting it?

So true, add in the 50 killed in Nigeria and the 20 killed in Iraq this week and it's been a much deadlier week than the lone wolf attacks we've seen in London and New York.

It's also been under reported in the media, whilst the BBC were covering the Egypt attacks, they broke off for the Oxford Circus event. OK, it was closer to home, but it was quickly apparent it was not terror related. Didn't stop Radio 5 devoting the remainder of their news hour talking to people who were crying but saw/heard nothing.

Last month's attack in Mogadishu killed 350 people. News coverage, scant.

That isn't what's happening though, is it?

****ing hell mate.
    They’ve been waging their own war for 3 years mate. On one hand we have people getting outraged because Britain involve themselves in troubles over that part of the world, and now we have the same people getting outraged because British people are not as outraged about attack’s over there than they are in this country?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    That isn't what's happening though, is it?
    Using this account today are you?

They’ve been waging their own war for 3 years mate. On one hand we have people getting outraged because Britain involve themselves in troubles over that part of the world, and now we have the same people getting outraged because British people are not as outraged about attack’s over there than they are in this country?!?!
    Which of the hypocrisies is worse, in your opinion?

So true, add in the 50 killed in Nigeria and the 20 killed in Iraq this week and it's been a much deadlier week than the lone wolf attacks we've seen in London and New York.

It's also been under reported in the media, whilst the BBC were covering the Egypt attacks, they broke off for the Oxford Circus event. OK, it was closer to home, but it was quickly apparent it was not terror related. Didn't stop Radio 5 devoting the remainder of their news hour talking to people who were crying but saw/heard nothing.

Shock horror. Radio station gives priority to news in its own country.

That last sentence..

Scary how often these types of things are happening in African countries.
    Quite a lot is reported on Reddit, I've not read a newspaper or watched the news for so long I can't remember.

If the media reported on every single terrorist incident then we'd hear about nothing else. There are practically daily attacks in areas where it's expected daily so sadly isn't really "news" anymore. This incident was more ferocious than usual hence why we're hearing about it.

The reason people go crazier if it happens closer to home is because it's not only more newsworthy to them but also because it's not expected to happen around here. I understand why the media and people react more when it happens here but I'd also encourage them to acknowledge that it happens a lot in other parts of the world, hence why I've never changed my avatar to a French or Belgian or German flag. That gets tiresome really quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    If the media reported on every single terrorist incident then we'd hear about nothing else. There are practically daily attacks in areas where it's expected daily so sadly isn't really "news" anymore. This incident was more ferocious than usual hence why we're hearing about it.

The reason people go crazier if it happens closer to home is because it's not only more newsworthy to them but also because it's not expected to happen around here. I understand why the media and people react more when it happens here but I'd also encourage them to acknowledge that it happens a lot in other parts of the world, hence why I've never changed my avatar to a French or Belgian or German flag. That gets tiresome really quickly.
    The changing of avatars is a load of bollox, like most social media.

Great post by the way.