+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Latest terrorist outrage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Latest terrorist outrage

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Their opinion in this regard may indeed be slightly different, but I still wouldn't give it the time of day.

And I've never heard anyone refer to themselves as 'humanitarian' either, but that was the word I chose just to make my point. It's their attempt at proving themselves to be "caring" and "kind" whereas (in my opinion ) they fall short.
    I don't pretend to know their hidden motives but I find it hilarious that you next to perfectly summarised their behaviour in a different way in one of your first posts of the thread.

The reason people go crazier if it happens closer to home is because it's not only more newsworthy to them but also because it's not expected to happen around here.
    These 'fake humanitarians' you dislike so much are very similar to the people you were looking to stand up for earlier. They become aware of something (because it become's newsworthy here when the UK decide to intervene) and they talk about it - you justify it for one group but not for another. You are being just as inconsistent as the people you criticise.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I don't pretend to know their hidden motives but I find it hilarious that you next to perfectly summarised their behaviour in a different way in one of your first posts of the thread.

These 'fake humanitarians' you dislike so much are very similar to the people you were looking to stand up for earlier. They become aware of something (because it become's newsworthy here when the UK decide to intervene) and they talk about it. You are being just as inconsistent as the people you criticise.
    Read my comments again. I wasn't standing up for them whatsoever. I was providing a reason for why they change their FB profile pic to a flag or whatever and why the media doesn't report on every single terrorist attack, but not at any stage did I defend them for doing so. I am passionately against the idea for the very reasons I stated above.

Read my comments again. I wasn't standing up for them whatsoever. I was providing a reason for why they change their FB profile pic to a flag or whatever and why the media doesn't report on every single terrorist attack, but not at any stage did I defend them for doing so. I am passionately against the idea for the very reasons I stated above.
    Your attitude and tone was different whilst the circumstances were, broadly speaking, the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Your attitude and tone was different whilst the circumstances were, broadly speaking, the same.
    Sorry, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean, probably because it's late, I've had a few beers, I'm half asleep and about to go to bed. Anyway, have a good weekend.

Sorry, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean, probably because it's late, I've had a few beers, I'm half asleep and about to go to bed. Anyway, have a good weekend.
    You too!