+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Latest terrorist outrage

Re: Latest terrorist outrage

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I didn't say it wasn't about religion though.
    You said it “shows they aren’t doing it based on religion”

It was

Because the innocent 300 people killed weren't fighting a religious war. They were human beings murdered while going about their day.
    How do you know they were all innocent and not guilty of terrorism against other Muslims? Could have been a revenge attack.

Unfortunately innocent people get killed in religious wars.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Half the idiots that are outraged because it's fashionable haven't got a clue about the people that die daily at the hands of these wankers all over the world. Only give a **** if it's new York Paris or London.
    And none of us are surprised, I’m saddened but not surprised

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why not? Their fighting a religious war.

Same as in Northern Ireland when they were killing each other.
    So the people who ran out of the mosque straight into machine gun fire were fighting a religious war?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What does this even mean? It feels like you have been brainwashed into thinking religion is automatically a power for good. Further up the thread you talk about not allowing us to be divided - religion has done this for hundreds of years. People's ability to be good and live a good life comes from within and not some sodding book or sermon.
    I don't agree with being religious at all. I've not set foot in a church in my life. But if these scum bags are muslims they wouldn't be blowing people up as it would be against the religious teachings.

Thé workd would be a better place without any religion. It doesn't mean we have to dump everyone following a specific religion in with the minority of scum bags who use it as an excuse to murder.

I don't agree with being religious at all. I've not set foot in a church in my life. But if these scum bags are muslims they wouldn't be blowing people up as it would be against the religious teachings.

Thé workd would be a better place without any religion. It doesn't mean we have to dump everyone following a specific religion in with the minority of scum bags who use it as an excuse to murder.
    So you’ve never set foot in a church but you’re an expert in the teachings of Islam?

And we aren't allowed to think that's sad? Why does it have to be painted as moral outrage?

So you’ve ne de set foot in a church but you’re an expert in Islam?
    I've studied a bit about religions, I'm not saying I'm an expert.

Something which I haven't done but I am tired of people sub consciously elevating religion in these discussions.

A wise man once said
    Thank you, thank you ;) So, the UK bombing Syria is closer to home and more newsworthy therefore that's why they decided to protest against it? They only care about Syrians being killed if it's [B]our[B] country killing them?

As I said, overnight humanitarians with inconsistent beliefs.

And we aren't allowed to think that's sad? Why does it have to be painted as moral outrage?
    I didn’t say you couldn’t think it was sad did I?

But then those of us who are not really bothered shouldn’t be made to feel guilty just because we are concerned for terrorism in our own country.

That’s the topic of the thread isn’t it?

How do you know they were all innocent and not guilty of terrorism against other Muslims? Could have been a revenge attack.

So we presume guilt now do we?

I've studied a bit about religions, I'm not saying I'm an expert.
    Liar

Shock horror. Radio station gives priority to news in its own country.
    It was a platform argument One woman twisted her stockings, and a bloke got a stitch from running away. As soon as it became apparent that the news was a non-event (and it appeared that way within 15 minutes of it first breaking), it became an hour of people talking about nothing. I come here for that sort of stuff.

So we presume guilt now do we?
    Well you presumed they were innocent

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Thank you, thank you ;) So, the UK bombing Syria is closer to home and more newsworthy therefore that's why they decided to protest against it? They only care about Syrians being killed if it's [B]our[B] country killing them?

As I said, overnight humanitarians with inconsistent beliefs.
    I can accept that bad things happen in the world and I can't do anything to control them. When my taxes pay for it, I feel the need to say something. Is this not acceptable?

We've gone way off point anyway, I'm not clever enough to discuss the nuances of every terrorist attack. But I think it's fair enough to agree with the OP that it's weird people are quick enough to change their Facebook photo when it's an attack in Paris and New York but not give a shit when it's in Egypt. While also thinking its normal to be a bit more concerned about attacks that are happening in the western world.

I also think it's normal to not want people to completely group every Muslim together because there is a large minority of scum bags who want to kill people.

Well you presumed they were innocent
    I think that is still what we do isn't it?

I think that is still what we do isn't it?
    In Utopia maybe.

We've gone way off point anyway, I'm not clever enough to discuss the nuances of every terrorist attack. But I think it's fair enough to agree with the OP that it's weird people are quick enough to change their Facebook photo when it's an attack in Paris and New York but not give a shit when it's in Egypt. While also thinking its normal to be a bit more concerned about attacks that are happening in the western world.

I also think it's normal to not want people to completely group every Muslim together because there is a large minority of scum bags who want to kill people.
    Fair enough.

A true religious person wouldn't kill someone, a true Muslim wouldn't kill someone during worship. It's hate masked as religion.

Exactly the same as Catholics and protestants mutilating each other in Ireland, if they were truly religious they wouldn't be killing.
    A true religious person can kill. Being religious doesn't mean you have a moral compass, it means you are more liable to be indoctrinated and turned into a weapon. Religion kills, as we saw in Egypt yesterday. The start of these clashes all come down to people disagreeing with other people over which fictional character is best. At least, if there was a war started on whether Jeff Eckhardt was a better defender or striker it would be over something substantial.

Liar
    Imagine having such a small world view that you think anyone doing anything different to you is a lie.

You are doing it again. Do I need to have tunnelled out of Auschwitz to criticise the British Government? We all pay for the things they choose to do on our behalf.
    Sorry to disagree again (even though we've agreed separately in other posts on this thread) but people shouldn't cry "fascism" at every government decision that they don't like. When on earth did I imply that they shouldn't be able criticise the government? Calling them "fascists" is cheap and pathetic.

Do you also not see the irony in people being allowed to demonstrate freely and yet they have the audacity to call the government "fascists"? Please.....

Imagine having such a small world view that you think anyone doing anything different to you is a lie.
    You dont agree with religion, you’re not religious at all, you’ve never set foot in a church, yet you’ve studied religion 😂😂😂

Pull the other one Lily

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Sorry to disagree again (even though we've agreed separately in other posts on this thread) but people shouldn't cry "fascism" at every government decision that they don't like. When on earth did I imply that they shouldn't criticise the government? Calling them "fascists" is cheap and pathetic.

Do you also not see the irony in people being allowed to demonstrate freely and yet they have the audacity to call the government "fascists"? Please.....
    These are two separate issues.

- People who exaggerate (in your opinion).
    - People who only criticise when it is their own government.

I have given a rational reason for the 2nd one. The first is just human nature, is it not?