+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Latest terrorist outrage

Re: Latest terrorist outrage

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You dont agree with religion, you’re not religious at all, you’ve never set foot in a church, yet you’ve studied religion 😂😂😂

Pull the other one Lily
    It's an interesting topic, with loads of interesting books on the subject and a huge part of human history. I don't agree with believing in it but it's very interesting to study.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's an interesting topic, with loads of interesting books on the subject and a huge part of human history. I don't agree with believing in it but it's very interesting to study.
    With a Bonus that You can be Offended for them.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    With the Qur'an, I would take the English translations with a pinch of salt. I have English copies and they all say different things. The "strike" part varies on the translation but it is worth noting that Prophet Muhammad never hit women and discouraged domestic violence a lot.

I would say no violence, especially domestic violence is okay and there are several mainstream scholars who condemn domestic abuse
    There's a lot of disgusting stuff in the Quran but it doesn't mean every single word is followed by every Muslim.

I thinka a lot of the teachings to do with women are disgusting. But most Muslims I know are like most Christians I know and are just moderate.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    There's a lot of disgusting stuff in the Quran but it doesn't mean every single word is followed by every Muslim.

I thinka a lot of the teachings to do with women are disgusting. But most Muslims I know are like most Christians I know and are just moderate.
    True, in modern times you cannot expect someone to follow each and every thing.

They did not work in not so modern times either.

Adz, ever heard of Maajid Nawaz? If so, what's your take on him?

For those who don't know him, he's a reformed extremist and a now Muslim reformer. Definitely worth checking out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Oh wow, that's great....several scholars? Great.
    Do not disturb them while they are condemning it though or you will get kicked on the floor.

"Few feminists dare criticise Islam. To see why, look at the ones who do"
    https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/0...their-bravery/

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Do not disturb them while they are condemning it though or you will get kicked on the floor.

"Few feminists dare criticise Islam. To see why, look at the ones who do"
    https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/0...their-bravery/

WTF did I just watch some blokes stick the boot in on some women on the floor just then
    that's disgusting
    never mind feminists I think what I just read and watched would repulse most people

As a Muslim, I would say Croesy knows more about Islam than you
    Erm, ok, seeing as I have absolutely no interest in Islam, or any other religion, as I don’t believe in all this god bollocks, and am not claiming to know anything about it, what point are you trying today make exactly?!?!?

He said the attack wasn’t based on religion but it was. When evidence was shown he then denied saying it in the first place, which was bizarre as his post is still on the first page.