+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky is a no go. After decent internet with a basic tv package was thinking something like BT.

Sky is a no go. After decent internet with a basic tv package was thinking something like BT.

I've compared as much as I can but I'm horrible at research if I'm honest.
    I'm happy with Netflix and decent internet..old dear would like to **** off sky.
    She was thinking talk talk, but knowing people who had the internet they said it was awful and customer care etc was non existent. I mentioned bt as I assumed their internet would be decent...anyone had either service?

Virgin could be an option too...but I'm in dispute over an unpaid bill for a SIM card and I doubt they'll offer a service until that is cleared..so they can **** off tbh.

Re: Sky is a no go. After decent internet with a basic tv package was thinking something like BT.

Just threaten to leave Sky and get a 50% discount

Re: Sky is a no go. After decent internet with a basic tv package was thinking something like BT.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Just threaten to leave Sky and get a 50% discount
    This.

Thats what I got for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    This.

Thats what I got for 2 years.
    I知 on my second 18 month deal and when that expires I値l be doing the same again.

BT TV same as sky. Price creeps up and up. I知 stuck with it for another 6 months. Get a Now TV smart box. That will allow you to dip into sky content as and when you please and also live freeview tv. Get a fire TV box or stick to allow you Netflix and Amazon etc. Plus all your catch ups.

If you still want to record programs etc get a Freesat box.

It's got to be changed lads. Not even a discussion 😩😂

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    BT TV same as sky. Price creeps up and up. I知 stuck with it for another 6 months. Get a Now TV smart box. That will allow you to dip into sky content as and when you please and also live freeview tv. Get a fire TV box or stick to allow you Netflix and Amazon etc. Plus all your catch ups.

If you still want to record programs etc get a Freesat box.
    I've got an android box and Netflix etc, bothers me not one bit what she has downstairs..but sky is a no go apparently.

Deals I've seen have the price capped?

I知 with BT got sports and got the Sky Cinema package add on for the missus.
    Internet and phone as well and I知 paying 40 a month.
    With a Sky Sports add on it would致e bumped it up to near 80 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I知 with BT got sports and got the Sky Cinema package add on for the missus.
    Internet and phone as well and I知 paying 40 a month.
    With a Sky Sports add on it would致e bumped it up to near 80 a month.
    How is it overall? I'd just be bothered about the reliability of the internet but that would differ by area..what bt sports channels do you get? I'd watch them on the app..

That deal sounds like something she would go for..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How is it overall? I'd just be bothered about the reliability of the internet but that would differ by area..what bt sports channels do you get? I'd watch them on the app..

That deal sounds like something she would go for..
    I致e got BT Sport 1/2/3, ESPN and Box Nation.
    I have no idea if Sky Cinema is one channel or several though.
    It痴 been pretty good, I致e only had it for a matter of weeks so no teething problems to report as yet.

I have BT phoneline, free evenings & weekend calls, caller id, unlimited fibre optic broadband, BT entertainments plus package, youview box, BT sport & BT mobile sim with 500 minutes, unlimited texts & 4gb data for 」29.99 a month total, the sim is 」5 per month of that so 」24.99 without the sim.
    I also have a 」40 android box for anything else.
    I have been using this set up for several years now.
    Only ball ache is contract renewal time when every time I have to go through a protracted argument with them over whether I can get a better deal than they are trying to put me on or not.
    A rival company contacting them to migrate my service away from BT works every time in getting a good deal though

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I致e got BT Sport 1/2/3, ESPN and Box Nation.
    I have no idea if Sky Cinema is one channel or several though.
    It痴 been pretty good, I致e only had it for a matter of weeks so no teething problems to report as yet.
    If i can get a few sport channels out of her dislike for sky I'll certainly up sell the idea..thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    I have BT phoneline, free evenings & weekend calls, caller id, unlimited fibre optic broadband, BT entertainments plus package, youview box, BT sport & BT mobile sim with 500 minutes, unlimited texts & 4gb data for 」29.99 a month total, the sim is 」5 per month of that so 」24.99 without the sim.
    I also have a 」40 android box for anything else.
    I have been using this set up for several years now.
    Only ball ache is contract renewal time when every time I have to go through a protracted argument with them over whether I can get a better deal than they are trying to put me on or not.
    A rival company contacting them to migrate my service away from BT works every time in getting a good deal though
    What speed is the internet? They have a 30 quid deal now but it definitely isn't all that lot you have..is the entertainment selection of channels any good?

I've been with TalkTalk for about 6 years and never had a problem. Don't watch much TV so having an all singing and dancing TV package would be wasted. Managed to bag Sky Sports for 」11 a month for 18 months back in the summer. Again, never had an issue with being able to watch it even though it's streamed over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I've been with TalkTalk for about 6 years and never had a problem. Don't watch much TV so having an all singing and dancing TV package would be wasted. Managed to bag Sky Sports for 」11 a month for 18 months back in the summer. Again, never had an issue with being able to watch it even though it's streamed over the internet.
    From a selfish pov I'd want decent internet and 2 people I know that had TT one never got a Wi-Fi signal ever.. and the other was constantly on the phone moaning. This was a couple of years ago mind so they may have improved.

Get a decent internet signal and NOW tv.
    I致e got 40mgb with utility warehouse (gas and ele cheaper because of this) and NOW tv works perfectly with it
    28 quid fibre optic B.B. 👍👍

IPTV well worth investigating. Just Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Get a decent internet signal and NOW tv.
    I致e got 40mgb with utility warehouse (gas and ele cheaper because of this) and NOW tv works perfectly with it
    28 quid fibre optic B.B. 👍👍
    I'll look into it thanks

Plusnet and Netflix linked to a smart TV has been absolutely perfect for me. Been with both for years now and not a single problem.

Plusnet also offer BT Sport for 」2.50pm for 6 mths then just a 5'er (streaming but can be beamed to TV).

Once you've got decent internet you can then look at the other options in this thread such as IPTV etc but I have no experience of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Plusnet and Netflix linked to a smart TV has been absolutely perfect for me. Been with both for years now and not a single problem.

Plusnet also offer BT Sport for 」2.50pm for 6 mths then just a 5'er (streaming but can be beamed to TV).

Once you've got decent internet you can then look at the other options in this thread such as IPTV etc but I have no experience of this.
    Been looking at Plusnet broadband.
    No smart t.v. as I jumped on the kodi hype when getting new tv so was no need for the smart tv with the box..

Been looking at Plusnet broadband.
    No smart t.v. as I jumped on the kodi hype when getting new tv so was no need for the smart tv with the box..
    Also look at an Amazon Fire Stick, which would convert your TV into a smart TV

Christ whatever happened to the people's game ?

It's capitalism gone mad

Where have half the posts on the thread gone?

I've compared as much as I can but I'm horrible at research if I'm honest.
    I'm happy with Netflix and decent internet..old dear would like to **** off sky.
    She was thinking talk talk, but knowing people who had the internet they said it was awful and customer care etc was non existent. I mentioned bt as I assumed their internet would be decent...anyone had either service?

Virgin could be an option too...but I'm in dispute over an unpaid bill for a SIM card and I doubt they'll offer a service until that is cleared..so they can **** off tbh.
    Talk Talk - do not go to them. They owe me about 」70 because they have forgotten to cancel services. Each time they forgot to cancel, I had to give another 30 days notice.

BT are fine for me, never tried Sky nor Virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Where have half the posts on the thread gone?
    I started a thread with this link
    https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/co...ree_shit_like/ can't see it on the board