+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scotland 53 - Convicts 24

Scotland 53 - Convicts 24

Lol , luv any side who beats Aussie

Re: Scotland 53 - Convicts 24

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lol , luv any side who beats Aussie

Thanks for that, saves me watching the game later.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Thanks for that, saves me watching the game later.
    Only joking apparently I'm a WUM

Result shows how poor and overrated, especially by BBC Wales we are.

Not really a rugby supporter but always happy to see Scotland doing well at anything. Actually saw the last 20 mins. Quite proud tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Not really a rugby supporter but always happy to see Scotland doing well at anything. Actually saw the last 20 mins. Quite proud tonight.
    You should be proud. I thought they were terrific. Vibrant, quick thinking,skilful and bold. Scotland have clearly overtaken us and are rapidly going in the right direction. Good luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You should be proud. I thought they were terrific. Vibrant, quick thinking,skilful and bold. Scotland have clearly overtaken us and are rapidly going in the right direction. Good luck to them.
    I wouldn't go that far , the Aussies have been below par this autumn , Scotland are improving but I think Wales will beat them at home

Scotland were fantastic, they've been steadily improving for years and should have beaten NZ last week

Destroyed Australia without Hogg as well

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Scotland were fantastic, they've been steadily improving for years and should have beaten NZ last week

Destroyed Australia without Hogg as well
    Yep and they beat us in the Six Nations this year. In 2011 we just missed out on making the World Cup Final. Since then very few younger players have emerged and we are going backwards.

Yep and they beat us in the Six Nations this year. In 2011 we just missed out on making the World Cup Final. Since then very few younger players have emerged and we are going backwards.
    Navidi, Shingler, Rob Evans, Owen Williams, Moriarty to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Navidi, Shingler, Rob Evans, Owen Williams, Moriarty to name a few
    That’s only five players in six years. Nowhere near enough. I think Navidi has done very well and Amos too. So it’s not all doom and gloom but we had a young side in 2011 and should have been looking up not down. It just hasn’t materialised. You can add Liam Williams as a good young in that’s come through and Tipuric since 2011 but we need more than that given all the injuries these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I wouldn't go that far , the Aussies have been below par this autumn , Scotland are improving but I think Wales will beat them at home
    Possibly so.
    Quite possibly not. Quite possibly, not by a long chalk.
    You'd be a brave man to put money on it.

Well played Scotland.

Not only that, the young players in the 2011 side have not developed as you would have expected them to at that time. All of the talk in 2011 was that we could be World Cup Winners in 2015 or 2019 and, at that time, it didn't seem too fanciful - as of now I'd say that, even with all of our injured players back, we are the weakest of the home nations and so I'd be surprised if there is anyone other than Italy and France (if they are as flaky as normal) below us in the Six Nations this year.

Just asking like, as I don't watch like, but was told this morning that "THE CONVICTS" played most of the game with 14 men like.

Is this true like and does it reflect on the overall result like.

Just asking like.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Just asking like, as I don't watch like, but was told this morning that "THE CONVICTS" played most of the game with 14 men like.

Is this true like and does it reflect on the overall result like.

Just asking like.
    Indeed Tony , as with any sporting occasion with a referee, if your player gets sent off it will probably affect the result .
    The record books will say we won 53 - 24 ,you will have to dig a little deeper to find out the full details .
    Iam sure you will agree a fantastic result whatever the situation!

Indeed Tony , as with any sporting occasion with a referee, if your player gets sent off it will probably affect the result .
    The record books will say we won 53 - 24 ,you will have to dig a little deeper to find out the full details .
    According to the commentators on 5live when they were going around the games at half time, Scotland were playing brilliantly before the sending off. Probably would’ve won 15v15.

Indeed James, a win, is a win, however it happens.

You can only play/beat, what is in front of you.

Scotland did, Wales never, the history books will show.

PS:----- Do they do history books for friendlies ? (so many bloody questions this morning)

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Indeed James, a win, is a win, however it happens.

You can only play/beat, what is in front of you.

Scotland did, Wales never, the history books will show.

PS:----- Do they do history books for friendlies ? (so many bloody questions this morning)
    They will in Scotland now .....

How many competitive matches do international rugby teams play a year if these are classed as friendlies ,4 and a World Cup every 4 years ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    According to the commentators on 5live when they were going around the games at half time, Scotland were playing brilliantly before the sending off. Probably would’ve won 15v15.
    It is normally pressure that pushes players to their limits.

It is normally pressure that pushes players to their limits.
    My mate and his wife were up in Edinburgh for the weekend and got tickets for the game.
    He said Scotland were immense and probably would have won if it had stayed 15v15.
    He also said the atmosphere rivalled anything we can create at the principality.