+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everton

Everton

Virtually every time I've seen them this season they've looked like a relegation team - after spending all of that money in the summer as well.

Re: Everton

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Virtually every time I've seen them this season they've looked like a relegation team - after spending all of that money in the summer as well.
    Thats what you get if you have Ashley Williams and Phil Jagielka in the centre of defence. Their legs have gone some time ago.

I hope they go down , along with Liverpool , united , arsenal and spurs they were the big five who started the premiership by holding the fa to ransom

That's what happens with past it OAPs at the back.

That's what happens when you bring back a past it granny shagger for no reason other than the fans love him because he's one of their own.

That's what happens when you buy players from Swansea.

They've spent very unwisely. 50m for Siggurson was ridiculous and as for buying Ashley Williams at age 32, what were they thinking? Expecting production from 32 year-old Wayne Rooney? The same.

They should be top 6 every year, now they're going to have to hire Alardyce just to stay up.

Nearly 40,000 through the gates every other week and their season is over before December. Someone's dropped a massive bollock there.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They've spent very unwisely. 50m for Siggurson was ridiculous and as for buying Ashley Williams at age 32, what were they thinking?

They should be top 6 every year, now they're going to have to hire Alardyce just to stay up.

Nearly 40,000 through the gates every other week and their season is over before December. Someone's dropped a massive bollock there.
    I don’t think their season is over at all. They have a huge task ahead of them to stay up. Every game is absolutely vital for them. Hardly season over.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They've spent very unwisely. 50m for Siggurson was ridiculous and as for buying Ashley Williams at age 32, what were they thinking? Expecting production from 32 year-old Wayne Rooney? The same.

Why should they be top 6 every year?

Who from City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool should they be finishing in front of every year?

Doesn’t appear to be a happy ship since the return of Rooney.

They sold Lukaku and bought 3 numbers 10s, plus a number 9 who is utter shite

First Team

They certainly appear to have spent poorly and also be in some disarray after the sacking of the manager.
    Probably have just enough about them to escape the drop ( assuming the too good to go down tag doesn't apply). However, it's hard to see how they can challenge the top tier teams as each season the gap increases and they are doing their best to Avoid closing it.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why should they be top 6 every year?

Who from City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool should they be finishing in front of every year?
    OK, chasing top 6.

Think the toffees are in a sticky situation, making a right toffee pudding of themselves

They bought Williams, they deserve everything they get.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    If i could have got odds. i'd have won a few quid

One of only six clubs that have never been relegated from Premiership, City before they had money went down to League 1. I also remember Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool being in Division 2(now Championship) with us but I can't remember Arsenal and Spurs being relegated from Division 1(now Premiership)

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    They sold Lukaku and bought 3 numbers 10s, plus a number 9 who is utter shite
    If only they'd had spend 20 million on Zohore, everything would have been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    One of only six clubs that have never been relegated from Premiership, City before they had money went down to League 1. I also remember Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool being in Division 2(now Championship) with us but I can't remember Arsenal and Spurs being relegated from Division 1(now Premiership)
    Arsenal have been in the top flight since 1919. Spurs were relegated in the 70s.

Current runs in the top flight
    Arsenal 1919
    Everton 1954
    Liverpool 1962
    Man U 1975
    Spurs 1978
    Chelsea 1989
    Man C 2002
    Stoke 2008
    WBA 2010
    Jack bastards 2011
    Southampton 2012
    West Ham 2012
    Palace 2013
    Leicester 2014
    Bournemouth 2015
    Watford 2015
    Burnley 2016
    Newcastle 2017
    Huddersfield 2017
    Brighton 2017

Everton have spent 4 seasons outside the top flight (115 out of 119)
    Villa 105
    Liverpool 103
    Arsenal 101
    Man U 93
    Man C 89
    Sunderland 86
    Newcastle 86
    Chelsea 83
    Spurs 83

Cardiff are on 16, same as Luton Town. Swansea on 9, same as Bristol City.

6 clubs are one season wonders.
    Glossop
    Carlisle
    Swindon
    Northampton
    Barnsley
    Leyton Orient

If you can remember Man United and Liverpool being in Division 2 then you must remember Spurs being there because it was after the other two were - Spurs played us in the second tier in 77/78.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Everton have spent 4 seasons outside the top flight (115 out of 119)
    Villa 105
    Liverpool 103
    Arsenal 101
    Man U 93
    Man C 89
    Sunderland 86
    Newcastle 86
    Chelsea 83
    Spurs 83

Cardiff are on 16, same as Luton Town. Swansea on 9, same as Bristol City.

6 clubs are one season wonders.
    Glossop
    Carlisle
    Swindon
    Northampton
    Barnsley
    Leyton Orient
    Glossop are same level as Merthyr ( I believe) but in the northern section. Mental.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I hope they go down , along with Liverpool , united , arsenal and spurs they were the big five who started the premiership by holding the fa to ransom
    Thanks Sludge Glad you dont want your Premiership love brothers to go down

Thanks for the information Badly Ironed shirt,very interesting. I somehow forgot that Spurs were relegated in the 70,s but remember us beating them 3-2 in their double season 1960/61?
    Also that Everton have longest stay in Division 1(Premiership) so perhaps they are due to fail this season!

Thanks for the information Badly Ironed shirt,very interesting. I somehow forgot that Spurs were relegated in the 70,s but remember us beating them 3-2 in their double season 1960/61?
    Also that Everton have longest stay in Division 1(Premiership) so perhaps they are due to fail this season!
    It would be great to see them go down. BTW Arsenal were voted into the top flight in 1919 and not promoted.

Everton, West Ham and Swansea to go down please.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    If only they'd had spend 20 million on Zohore, everything would have been fine.
    I was wondering on that one , will they be back in desperation we ask 30 million ,tell them he's fit really and a real world class number 10, Bogle goes onto score 20 , bingo