+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Talk sport commentary

Talk sport commentary

Struggled to get radio wales so listen on talk sport.Was surprised how good the commentary was.I must admit they were far more informative and didnt talk about rubbish when you are sat there trying to picture in your mind whats happening on the pitch. Great win city wait till we get our injured players back.

Re: Talk sport commentary

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    Struggled to get radio wales so listen on talk sport.Was surprised how good the commentary was.I must admit they were far more informative and didnt talk about rubbish when you are sat there trying to picture in your mind whats happening on the pitch. Great win city wait till we get our injured players back.
    You missed Ratcliffe being gutted he couldn't single out one of our players for being shit.

They said at the end that it was men against boys

Kevin Radcliffe was the best central defender that I saw play for us shear class, even though he was at the end of his career. He was also Wales and Everton captain when they were a top side winning League and Cup titles so I think he knows more about the game then most on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Kevin Radcliffe was the best central defender that I saw play for us shear class, even though he was at the end of his career. He was also Wales and Everton captain when they were a top side winning League and Cup titles so I think he knows more about the game then most on this forum.
    Great player. Terrible pundit. I'm not saying he knows nothing about football, he's just got very little to offer in terms of personality and interest.

Shocking pundit , great player

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Shocking pundit , great player
    Which is exactly why he only gets the radio wales gig.

First Team

He was a fantastic player at his peak, absolute class.
    However, he appears to have a healthy dislike for the City based on the few radio commentaries I have heard.
    Was there a falling out at the time he was with us to cause this or is he playing the devils advocate to generate interest etc?

Listening to Radio Wales is like listening to Mrs Jones complaining her sheets blew off the line and she was going to take up the issue of peg strength with her local MP

I had the same experience with BBC Bristol when they beat us recently. I actually enjoyed listening to the commentary even though we were losing and they were obviously biased just because they actually talked about what was happening on the pitch about 90% of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Which is exactly why he only gets the radio wales gig.
    When Everton were in Europe during the Channel 5 days, Ratcliffe was often their main summariser.

I agree with you totally, I hate Tallk Shi*e with a passion but I was saying to a mate that "they've done their homework on us" and it was a treat to be learning things about our team and bakcroom staff that we would never have known. I hope someone at BBC Radio Rugby was listening, puts them to shame big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post

I agree that he was a class act as a footballer but didn't realise that he had shearing skills as well

Another thing. I was able to pop into town and listen on my phone, so why do tinpot Talk Sport have DAB broadcating rights and BBC Radio Rugby do not?
    BBC Wales is our NATIONAL broadcaster for goodness sake! you could'nt make it up, an absolutely shameful state of affairs

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    I agree that he was a class act as a footballer but didn't realise that he had shearing skills as well

Kevin Ratcliffe was a top class Central Defender back in the day, was great for City when he signed, I'm sure he scored away at Carlisle on his debut?

However his skill as a summariser on the radio is matched with his ability as a league football manager and fence erector in my view

I think they all sound very amateurish, it's like it's been recorded in some backwater town on a shoestring.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Listening to Radio Wales is like listening to Mrs Jones complaining her sheets blew off the line and she was going to take up the issue of peg strength with her local MP
    I like your sarcasm! Blackadderesque