+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stopping wearing Jeans

Stopping wearing Jeans

Firstly well done City. Jeans put away...what age is right? When I was a kid only jeans you would see on an old bloke had a crease ironed in them and didn't marry up with his slip on. I have loved jeans all my life. I thought I would wear them forever. Doubts are creeping in.

Re: Stopping wearing Jeans

Jeans at home, but rarely otherwise for all the reasons given. I do love my sleeveless jumpers though .....

Jeans , hooded sweatshirts , heavy rock t shirts , trainers

I hate wearing suits or trendy shirts for a night out

Genuine struggle. Went to buy some. Look like a twat. Chords were decent though and coming back in. Double Whammy. Any young lads reading this should mark my words, There comes a time.

I totally disagree. I think you can wear jeans at any age.

Do black jeans count?

Never I’ll be cremated in mine

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Not for me. There came a time when I thought ....... "too old to be seen in public wearing these"

These days, it's Oxford button down, sleeveless jumper and chinos ......... apart from May - October, when it"s shorts

I still ware baggy jeans all the time (unless I'm working then its a whistle)
    its 1990 all the time for me

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Not for me. There came a time when I thought ....... "too old to be seen in public wearing these"

These days, it's Oxford button down, sleeveless jumper and chinos ......... apart from May - October, when it"s shorts
    Chinos, sorry no likey.

This. As long as they fit and they're not fashion jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Exactly. Jeans with rips in or those really tight skinny jeans are for under 30s only. Smart jeans look great on all ages. As long as your not too fat of course

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    And definitely not ones with "designer tears" in them.

I remember wearing Levi bell bottoms, Levi denim shirt and even bought a pair of Levi denim boots. Treble denim ffs!

Thank feck no photographic evidence!

Two Tone Sta Pressed for me.

Agree. Just look at Jim Royle

I had a pair of chords that fair sailed me through my esrly teens. Not jumbo ones. Other lads sported tight jeans. Fair enough, some with bottle tops on laces was pushing it as years .Loose jeans I could buy into that. Not Barker baggies. but a trend towards looser was ok. I going back to the start. Will you see an old man wearing skinny jeans? No. Not me anyway. Having said that loose fit just show how skinny my legs are now when the wind blows into me. Middle fit are out of the question cause my chords fit better so I am out. Never thought I would say it.

Only £13 for the going fishing look

http://www.premierman.com/shop/jacam...i-carson-cargo

Thank you for starting this thread, as this is a subject that has been troubling me for a while now.

I used to live in jeans, but recently have taken to a a pair of Levi's khaki jeans/chino crossover type of thing.

I also used to wear trainers everywhere. Trainers are now reserved solely for a rare outing to the gym.

I'm beginning to worry when I'll end up in hush puppies, beige trousers, cardigan and flat cap. Seriously. I frequently see "elderly" gentlemen attired in such a way, then stop and reality hits me that those elderly gents are probably only ten years older then me!

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Never I’ll be cremated in mine
    :)

Yup.

OK then .. I'm 'in my early 50's.' .. how did that happen ...
    I still like Jeans,. I like trews too, Horses for courses.

Though, IMO, as we get older its really hard to find 'classic' Jeans styles that don't make you look like trying too hard / too young in style, or else the alternative seems to be cheapo looking 'supermarket' style horrors.

Any tips?! - regards Jeans sourcing for 50 somethings (who still can get away with wearing 'em and still want to).

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post

Any tips?! - regards Jeans sourcing for 50 somethings (who still can get away with wearing 'em and still want to).
    Armani indigo denim, classic style, understated, quality jeans that last years

I remember a lady opposite me tuning a pair of Flinstone jeans into a hot water bottle cover when I was a kid years ago. It was shite. You shouldn't advertise stuff like that to your neighbours even if they aren't judgmental.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    :)

Yup.

OK then .. I'm 'in my early 50's.' .. how did that happen ...
    I still like Jeans,. I like trews too, Horses for courses.

Though, IMO, as we get older its really hard to find 'classic' Jeans styles that don't make you look like trying too hard / too young in style, or else the alternative seems to be cheapo looking 'supermarket' style horrors.

A pair of Levis or similar colour/cut. Not too tight.

Chinos, sorry no likey.

For any over 50s like me not tight please.,Even if you can get your balls in. Cause it can be done doesn't mean that it should be done.

How NOT to do it.
    google-it-lostitgirl.jpg