+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stopping wearing Jeans

Re: Stopping wearing Jeans

TH makes a good point about trainers here. They generally belong at the end of a pair of jeans where they can best do theyre job. The move into slacks requires a rethink on the whole issue. I got no quote button sorry.

First Team

In my mid 50's and still wear jeans.
    You have to be selective and avoid anything too tight fitting.
    Trainers are definitely a thing of the past outside of whatever sports you can still manage dependent on knees, hips etc.
    A good pair of shoes are a thing of beauty these days. I recommend Brogue Traders in town as a decent starting point.

The slide into Velcro begins. Not them Stan Smith type ones left in the sales but tthe ones out the back ofThe Mirror. Magazine.Feck,

I'll wear trainers 'til the day I die. Mostly adidas, the odd pair of Puma and Nike. Nothing too flashy.

Now see I thought I would wear trainers until my ticket was punched but an old guy in trainers..If they don't match your trousers then it looks dodgy. It really is a conundrum. I love adidas teainers my old ones but they got a space in my attic written all over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Two Tone Sta Pressed for me.
    Back in the day,and a crombie

My wife has interfered in my choice of attire no end. Jeans are mine and father times choice though. MIy lap top is corrupted and bsck in the shop and I dropped my tablet in the sink the other day. I writing this on hers. Ha ha she will be back from her sisters soon. Blooobirds.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    My wife has interfered in my choice of attire no end. Jeans are mine and father times choice though. MIy lap top is corrupted and bsck in the shop and I dropped my tablet in the sink the other day. I writing this on hers. Ha ha she will be back from her sisters soon. Blooobirds.
    Do you interfere with her clothing? !

Ooooh Matron!

TBF, my good wife would not dare seek to influence my sartorial choices. Nor me hers.
    I can soon tell if I might ever have made a an apparently 'unwise selection' though ;)

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Armani indigo denim, classic style, understated, quality jeans that last years
    Cheers IG, will check 'em out.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Exactly. Jeans with rips in or those really tight skinny jeans are for under 30s only. Smart jeans look great on all ages. As long as your not too fat of course
    I am offended for all fat people who wear jeans. So much so I might Google "fat jean attacks" now.

A decent, well fitted pair of jeans with waist-coat and jacket, open neck shirt together with a decent pair of brown brogues is a great look for the more mature gentleman, for work or casually, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Now see I thought I would wear trainers until my ticket was punched but an old guy in trainers..If they don't match your trousers then it looks dodgy. It really is a conundrum. I love adidas teainers my old ones but they got a space in my attic written all over them.
    My gram0 even had a pair of trainers. Not that he would wear them much as the only place he went was the pub of he went out, and that was always shoes trouser and shirt..He would wear them in the garden..He didn't like the sandals and socks look

I was told I'm too old to wear tracksuit bottoms. I'm barely over 30. I wear them to work as I'm usually sat on my own and there's no dress code..jeans aren't the best for sitting around in all day.

Vimto mate I wouldn't dream of telling her what to wear cause she woukd slap me first. Try it on secondly and give me a harder slap thirdly for it being my fault that it don't fit. i am learning.

I'll wear jeans till I croak.The trick is not to give a toss what others think.(typed while the mrs was in the other room)

The much bigger assault on the eyes is fifty something blokes in tight fitting football shirts with their gut hanging out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Two Tone Sta Pressed for me.
    Yeah, well they're still in fashion in Swansea.

Dems my gramp had Levi denim trainers in the day and .I thought they wre the best. Jeans n tianers in one. He never wore them although I used to tell him you should wear them they are proper until I got a bit older.He only had 1 pair of jeans n all. He turned up to my 16th birthday party the first in a proper pub wearing both. Form us temporary. Class is permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Yeah, well they're still in fashion in Swansea.
    The city of the crotchless shell suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    A decent, well fitted pair of jeans with waist-coat and jacket, open neck shirt together with a decent pair of brown brogues is a great look for the more mature gentleman, for work or casually, in my opinion.
    Jeans with a waistcoat? you'll look like a member of status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Jeans with a waistcoat? you'll look like a member of status quo.
    Aye, Rick Parfitt the dead one.

I was gonna say paisley shirts are coming bsck in and where a paisley shirt leads a waistcoat will surely follow. Cant be brushed off as somewhere to keep your chalk these days as all the good pool pubs are closing down.

If you are fat jeans are a no no but if you are slim jeans can be worn at any age.

You ought to get out of Barry for a change.

Steve before Barry's missus finds out. No qoute button. Nick same goes for your purple wsist coat before Christopher Lee notices its gone. Me..insert here...