+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Amazon delivery

Amazon delivery

Anyone know where we stand legally with this :

We had a parcel delivery from Amazon today. We weren't in so they've only gone and left the parcel with the next door neighbours WITHOUT ANY PERMISSION FROM US (how dare they?!). These neighbours are total utter scum of the earth thieving bastards who we've not spoken to for over 5 years and won't in the next five years either.

Can we claim money back from Amazon?

Re: Amazon delivery

Just want to say a big thanks for all your replies and PMs. You can't fault this board for friendliness and general advice.

Amazon are duty bound to advise you off there actions by way of a slip left card , if you have that and they don't hand the item to you , you could then challenge Amazon and your next door neighbour , have you knocked and asked , the trouble Amazon have is knowing what relationships folk have with their thier neighbours I would post a note outside simply saying don't leave with my neighbour for the future , good luck with the claim .

I have found them very generous in the past with dealing with undelivred compensation without much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Amazon are duty bound to advise you off there actions by way of a slip left card , if you have that and they don't hand the item to you , you could then challenge Amazon and your next door neighbour , have you knocked and asked , the trouble Amazon have is knowing what relationships folk have with their thier neighbours I would post a note outside simply saying don't leave with my neighbour for the future , good luck with the claim .

I have found them very generous in the past with dealing with undelivred compensation without much trouble.
    That a bit of a cop out if Amazon came back with that. The parcel is my property and any unofficial delivery is not my problem. I paid for the item as well as the postage to be delivered to me at my address. If I'd wanted them to deliver elsewhere I would have put their address on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    If you didn't sign for it - then it hasnt been delivered to you - end of story.

I have a part share in a company that does online sales which includes physical shipping of the goods.

If you are in any doubt - Google up the Distance Selling Regulations that came in about 18 months ago.

We have had issues / scams - where the customer has asked us to deliver it next door if there is no one in. The scammer will then wait at the next address to sign for it with a squiggle - they have the goods - then they contact us to ask where the goods are - we say someone in No xx signed for them, they say they have the person in No xx and they say they didnt sign for them.

The person who sells the goods usually has shipping insurance to cover them - some dont though. If you paid via PayPal - raise a dispute with them saying goods not received etc
    Thanks, I worked at Royal Mail for 15 years. There's no way I'd have ever left a parcel with a neighbour unless having permission to do so. Cheeky bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Thanks, I worked at Royal Mail for 15 years. There's no way I'd have ever left a parcel with a neighbour unless having permission to do so. Cheeky bastards.
    How much did you pay for your Amazon delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    How much did you pay for your Amazon delivery?
    Not sure, £5.99 or £6.99 is it?

Not sure, £5.99 or £6.99 is it?
    No idea. That’s why I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    No idea. That’s why I asked.

I was working in a cul de sac last week and whilst repairing a front door I saw a delivery driver knock at least five doors trying to get someone to take in a parcel for a neighbour who was out. He had no reply at any of them so came over to me and asked if I'd take it. I told him I didn't live there and would be finished working in an hour and fecking off to another job. I don't care he said, just leave it in the garage or something.

Anyone know where we stand legally with this :

We had a parcel delivery from Amazon today. We weren't in so they've only gone and left the parcel with the next door neighbours WITHOUT ANY PERMISSION FROM US (how dare they?!). These neighbours are total utter scum of the earth thieving bastards who we've not spoken to for over 5 years and won't in the next five years either.

Can we claim money back from Amazon?
    You should try and get on with people Steve.

You probably just dont understand your neighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    I was working in a cul de sac last week and whilst repairing a front door I saw a delivery driver knock at least five doors trying to get someone to take in a parcel for a neighbour who was out. He had no reply at any of them so came over to me and asked if I'd take it. I told him I didn't live there and would be finished working in an hour and fecking off to another job. I don't care he said, just leave it in the garage or something.
    What was in it after?

What was in it after?
    A waistcoat and a pair of jeans.

If it says "if out leave with a neighbour" on the parcel would that be a get out for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    You should try and get on with people Steve.

You probably just dont understand your neighbours.
    No, they're Scottish. F**k knows what they're saying half the time!

A waistcoat and a pair of jeans.

Thanks, I worked at Royal Mail for 15 years.
    Did you find you got on with the people there a bit better Steve?

I don't get on with most people to be fair. Can you fit me in for an MOT this week mate? Seriously.

I don't get on with most people to be fair. Can you fit me in for an MOT this week mate? Seriously.
    Yes as long as you arent aggressive when you come down the garage.
    What day would you like?

I see alot of parcels dumped on the front step, behind the bins, left behind the gate etc etc

In the US they have the term " porch pirates ", they actually have 2 cars, driving around after the couriers, one will drop back and pick up the parcel, the other will follow the van ( they take turns in it both so they are not seen )

Yes as long as you arent aggressive when you come down the garage.
    What day would you like?
    Tuesday if possible Jim, but I'm easy if you have a van for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    If you didn't sign for it - then it hasnt been delivered to you - end of story.

I have a part share in a company that does online sales which includes physical shipping of the goods.

If you are in any doubt - Google up the Distance Selling Regulations that came in about 18 months ago.

We have had issues / scams - where the customer has asked us to deliver it next door if there is no one in. The scammer will then wait at the next address to sign for it with a squiggle - they have the goods - then they contact us to ask where the goods are - we say someone in No xx signed for them, they say they have the person in No xx and they say they didnt sign for them.

The person who sells the goods usually has shipping insurance to cover them - some dont though. If you paid via PayPal - raise a dispute with them saying goods not received etc
    Even if Amazon had left a card saying it was handed to a neighbour , which is the usual procedure , and what if the item did not, require a signature, not all goods do .

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I see alot of parcels dumped on the front step, behind the bins, left behind the gate etc etc

In the US they have the term " porch pirates ", they actually have 2 cars, driving around after the couriers, one will drop back and pick up the parcel, the other will follow the van ( they take turns in it both so they are not seen )
    I remember a few years ago when I was getting a new phone, the delivery guy and I arrived at the door at the same time (I was on my way home from school). He asked me to open the door to verify that I lived at my house as he was worried about the 'porch pirates' seeing the delivery

Had a parcel delivered today

Took delivery of a parcel today for some neighbours.
    Trouble is I can't stand them and don't really want to knock their door to give it to them. Haven't really spoken to them since I complained about their loud music and weird parties where people would turn up wearing hats made of tin foil. Whole place stinks of coconuts aswell.
    This board has always been a great place to come for advice so what should I do? Take it around? Wait for them to pop over (they wont)? or wear the gimp suits myself?

Blog Entries