+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Amazon delivery

Re: Saw a parcel delivery

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    He seemed upset when he saw my rainbow laces
    Probably didn't receive this month's issue of the boring politics mag. Would give one the hump I'd imagine.

I'm glad this serious matter has caused so much hilarity on here. I'm surprised at you adz of all people.

Re: Amazon delivery

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I can sense your annoyed.
    No way?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    No way?

Was deadpan when I heard it in my head as I typed.

Neighbours have signed for it, Amazon have proof they habe the item is imagine? Or am I living in fairy land to think that?

One of our customers got divorced and moved out, didn't think to tell us so the item went to the house next door as her ex was at work. She had no trouble getting the item back once she showed them the tracking on her phone that said it was signed for by ***** at number 18...give that a try

Probably didn't receive this month's issue of the boring politics mag. Would give one the hump I'd imagine.
    He was also bragging that he works for a company whose CEO is worth over $100 billion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    I'm glad this serious matter has caused so much hilarity on here. I'm surprised at you adz of all people.

Real talk... I hope it gets resolved asap

Was deadpan when I heard it in my head as I typed.

Neighbours have signed for it, Amazon have proof they habe the item is imagine? Or am I living in fairy land to think that?

One of our customers got divorced and moved out, didn't think to tell us so the item went to the house next door as her ex was at work. She had no trouble getting the item back once she showed them the tracking on her phone that said it was signed for by ***** at number 18...give that a try
    Amazon can f**king well come back and retrieve said item and redeliver it to the correct address then or leave details on where I may pick it up. That's fine by me.

The private delivery companies like MyHermes are usually shite. If I’m not in they usually sling it over my gate where water often pools. But when I’m desperate for it then leaving in a safe place is much better than taking it to the local sorting office like the postie does (we’ve got a cracking postman thank god)

I can’t wait until it’s all automated where it’ll ping our phones and we can instantly decide what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    See you Tuesday ..
    How about next Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The private delivery companies like MyHermes are usually shite. If I’m not in they usually sling it over my gate where water often pools. But when I’m desperate for it then leaving in a safe place is much better than taking it to the local sorting office like the postie does (we’ve got a cracking postman thank god)

I can’t wait until it’s all automated where it’ll ping our phones and we can instantly decide what we want.
    Should be a simple drop down menu of what to do if your not going to be in.

"The neighbours are arseholes" probably wouldn't be one but you could at least have the opportunity to decide if it's to go to sorting office, be left in a safe place, or be left with a neighbour etc..
    We don't give people the choice, we have to select one though with the courier company so I always go for leave with neighbour, all websites ought to habe this feature though.

He was also bragging that he works for a company whose CEO is worth over $100 billion
    Amazing what a car boot sale can do.

I work for Royal Mail and we are now actively encouraged to leave them with neighbours. Management would rather that than leaving them in bins etc.
    Anyway why is it some people are never in to receive their parcels? It's not as if they don't know it's coming especially with email/text alerts nowadays.

Blog Entries

I can sense your annoyed.
    It's like him ringing the ticket line all over again for me.

Amazing what a car boot sale can do.
    Urgh I know... man wasn't sure which Sonos speaker to get

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    It's like him ringing the ticket line all over again for me.
    Im not familiar with that story, but the anger was visible by his posts

Quote Originally Posted by Llanishen_Blue View Post
    I work for Royal Mail and we are now actively encouraged to leave them with neighbours. Management would rather that than leaving them in bins etc.
    Anyway why is it some people are never in to receive their parcels? It's not as if they don't know it's coming especially with email/text alerts nowadays.
    In my case, I cannot rearrange lectures, seminars, etc

So I assume some people cannot rearrange prior commitments such as work

Yes, some people can be so selfish!

Urgh I know... man wasn't sure which Sonos speaker to get
    Apparently he was pissed off with Sky too and looking for a new provider.

In my case, I cannot rearrange lectures, seminars, etc

So I assume some people cannot rearrange prior commitments such as work
    They do tell you what day it's being delivered though, so in most cases you could not be in and arrange with a friendly neighbour to collect it, or have it sent to work, or the sorting office..basically just be a bit organised in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    How about next Tuesday?
    Ace!! Between 6am and 8pm.

Apparently he was pissed off with Sky too and looking for a new provider.
    And was unsure on whether BET365 was showing today's game

That's what I used to think when I worked there. It's a different story now I can tell you. You can't expect folk to be in every time with their busy schedules. It's about time the newly privatised Royal Mail started about thinking about their customers instead of greedy shareholders. That said, best of luck with the latest grievance against the bastards. Horrible company to work for.

They do tell you what day it's being delivered though, so in most cases you could not be in and arrange with a friendly neighbour to collect it, or have it sent to work, or the sorting office..basically just be a bit organised in advance.
    I usually do that or contact the courier to rearrange it or even send it to a free friend

I recently bought a fridge freezer from Currys, and after I had paid for it they asked me for my address to arrange delivery. I told them that I lived between Cardiff and Pontypridd, and if they rang me a week next Tuesday between 8am and 7pm, I might be able to give them a six hour slot when I would be able to take delivery. When they rang me, I told them that my house was out of stock and they should ring back on Saturday. The shoe's on the other foot now, isn't it, Currys?

And was unsure on whether BET365 was showing today's game
    Was also complaining about the strong smell of coconuts.