+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Amazon delivery

Re: Amazon delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yes, some people can be so selfish!

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    I recently bought a fridge freezer from Currys, and after I had paid for it they asked me for my address to arrange delivery. I told them that I lived between Cardiff and Pontypridd, and if they rang me a week next Tuesday between 8am and 7pm, I night be able to give them a six hour slot when I would be able to take delivery. When they rang me, I told them that my house was out of stock and they should ring back on Saturday. The shoe's on the other foot now, isn't it, Currys?
    They've got your money and your fridge.

1 nil currys

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    They've got your money and your fridge.

1 nil currys

Re: Saw a parcel delivery

Was also complaining about the strong smell of coconuts.
    I missed that, the loud music from the house opposite kept me up last night so I am knackered... I assume he is a DJ

I recently bought a fridge freezer from Currys, and after I had paid for it they asked me for my address to arrange delivery. I told them that I lived between Cardiff and Pontypridd, and if they rang me a week next Tuesday between 8am and 7pm, I might be able to give them a six hour slot when I would be able to take delivery. When they rang me, I told them that my house was out of stock and they should ring back on Saturday. The shoe's on the other foot now, isn't it, Currys?

Maybe your next door neighbours don’t like you because they’re pissed off after accepting all your deliveries

Whilst I can understand your annoyance, surely delivery companies could be well with in their rights to charge customers twice for delivery if they have to try a 2nd attempt?

Funny story mind, fair play

Re: So what was in Steve R’s parcel?

Shaven Ravers (back catalogue)

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Whilst I can understand your annoyance, surely delivery companies could be well with in their rights to charge customers twice for delivery if they have to try a 2nd attempt?
    Oh ****

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Nope. It's all factored into their original price (if they run their business correctly that is).

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    I missed that, the loud music from the house opposite kept me up last night so I am knackered... I assume he is a DJ
    Probably why he didn't hear the door knocking, with that shit music in the background.

Have you knocked their door yet?

Probably why he didn't hear the door knocking, with that shit music in the background.
    Ik man! Also I hear someone shout out random conspiracy theories from that house all the time

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Ik man! Also I hear someone shout out random conspiracy theories from that house all the time
    Some say she's got a lovely bunch of coconuts

(Probably too far that one)

Have you knocked their door yet?
    We don't speak to them since they caused £2k worth of damage to our property.

no one knows its next door

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    We don't speak to them since they caused £2k worth of damage to our property.
    Bloody hell. Lovely bunch they sound..obviously wasn't aware of that.
    Probably better off getting Amazon to retreive it then.

It was a double ended polony. Not that it's of anyone's business.

That a bit of a cop out if Amazon came back with that. The parcel is my property and any unofficial delivery is not my problem. I paid for the item as well as the postage to be delivered to me at my address. If I'd wanted them to deliver elsewhere I would have put their address on it.
    I agree with you, but could you imagine the nightmare Amazon would have if they could only deliver to the person it was addressed to? Your case is rare because, generally speaking, most folk are decent. Amazon lockers are your friend, I use them all the time and it is much less stressful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    How about next Tuesday?
    Some would say that is Tuesday as it's after fri I would say that it's 'This Tuesday' but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I agree with you, but could you imagine the nightmare Amazon would have if they could only deliver to the person it was addressed to? Your case is rare because, generally speaking, most folk are decent. Amazon lockers are your friend, I use them all the time and it is much less stressful.
    Poor Amazon. They must be losing loads of money in their efforts to get posessions delivered to the correct recipient.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    ****ing useful, they have them on campus

Poor Amazon. They must be losing loads of money in their efforts to get posessions delivered to the correct recipient.
    I'm just pointing you towards alternatives Steve. Mostly, people are out when deliveries are made - Amazon assume (correctly) that most people are on speaking terms with neighbours and that your issue is rare and not worth changing their delivery model for. It's probably factored in to their prices that people will ask for a second delivery in cases where the neighbours are feckwits (as yours are).

Blog Entries

Was also complaining about the strong smell of coconuts.

Do they like Kanye West too?

Some say she's got a lovely bunch of coconuts

(Probably too far that one)