+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three wins in eight days, second in the table and still damned with faint praise.

Re: Three wins in eight days, second in the table and still damned with faint praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Have you not considered for just a second that it’s the way you play that is the cause of you not getting any praise.

Almost EVERYWHERE you play you hear:
    1. Time wasting
    2. Pushing and shoving
    3. Low possession belt it forward
    4. Long throws
    5. Cynical
    6. Terrible to watch
    7. Anti football

Etc etc

You seem oblivious to this criticism and take the view “it’s not us, it’s everyone else”.

I have made these comments for some time but I told you I wasn’t alone.

Have you just for a moment considered that it’s HOW you’ve played these games and not the result which is why everyone doesn’t like Cardiff?
    oh Private Benjamin is in!

Re: Three wins in eight days, second in the table and still damned with faint praise.

Have you not considered for just a second that it’s the way you play that is the cause of you not getting any praise.

1. Time wasting
    2. Pushing and shoving
    4. Long throws
    5. Cynical
    6. Terrible to watch
    7. Anti football

Etc etc

You seem oblivious to this criticism and take the view “it’s not us, it’s everyone else”.

Have you just for a moment considered that it’s HOW you’ve played these games and not the result which is why everyone doesn’t like Cardiff?
    You boot it long more than us, facts are facts.

Their keeper took ages taking his goal kicks yesterday too.

Our play is effective. Poncey passing went out years ago...all about high pressing now.

Meanwhile here's a BBC description of Bristol's champagne football over the weekend.

However, his side had LOOKED TO BE CRUISING TO A COMFORTABLE VICTORY with 25 minutes left against Bristol City, two goals ahead and SELDOM UNDER THREAT from their play-off-chasing opponents.

But Flint's goal AGAINST THE RUN OF PLAY sparked the Robins into life - before Bobby Reid's SCRAMBLED EFFORT drew the Robins level.

1. Time wasting
    2. Pushing and shoving
    4. Long throws
    5. Cynical
    6. Terrible to watch
    7. Anti football

Etc etc

Personally I don't give a **** what other fans think of us, and I certainly don't give a **** what you think of us you ****ing weirdo

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You boot it long more than us, facts are facts.

Their keeper took ages taking his goal kicks yesterday too.

Our play is effective. Poncey passing went out years ago...all about high pressing now.
    Having looked at the stats on the last three games played by us and Bristol we both average 13 fouls a game though we have 23% less possession. Seems to show the discipline we have without the ball. In that period we both scored 5 goals with us having two more shots on target. The only other key difference was that we did not concede a goal whilst Wurzelona conceded five.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Personally I don't give a **** what other fans think of us, and I certainly don't give a **** what you think of us you ****ing weirdo
    Sums it up nicely. Not sure why I replied to him after preaching to others not to.
    I genuinely ain't bothered what other fans think of us either, I've seen some fast paced attacking football from us this year, the fact we can grind in and battle too .. well for me anyway... is just common sense. I mean why WOULD we want to attack at 2 nil up and possibly concede? 13 goals against is testament to how well we are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Having looked at the stats on the last three games played by us and Bristol we both average 13 fouls a game though we have 23% less possession. Seems to show the discipline we have without the ball. In that period we both scored 5 goals with us having two more shots on target. The only other key difference was that we did not concede a goal whilst Wurzelona conceded five.
    The stats that matter..goals for and against!!! And points on the board.

Don't think Chelsea gave a **** when they were "park the bus" masters as they won..we don't even park the bus were just well drilled and disciplined. We can counter at real pace

So if it’s not ugly and it’s not awful to watch.
    The reason you are almost universally lambasted is what?????

Certainly isn’t sour grapes or envy.
    Channel 5 for example have several times already this season focused on Wolves style and flowing passing.
    How many times you seen them focus on Cardiff?
    If they have I missed it.

So I’m intrigued if you think it’s not because of your style - why is it hardly anyone gives you any credit?

Channel 5 for example have several times already this season focused on Wolves style and flowing passing.

So I’m intrigued if you think it’s not because of your style - why is it hardly anyone gives you any credit?
    It's sensible, lad.

We can, and do, attack with pace..go watch our goals this year on YouTube.

We can, and do, stop teams from playing by closing them down and forcing them to rush passes.

It's slagged off because the championship is now the level of the champions league knock out stages...where everyone plays tippy tappy football....or super Sunday when United and Chelsea both park the bus..both better teams than any of the football purists of the championship like wolves and Bristol..United and Chelsea know at times it can't be pretty...Cardiff do wjat they need to to win games...and it works..look at the table..

It is sometimes ugly and its beautiful to watch if you are a Cardiff supporter. If it's awful for the opposition that is good - it means they are frustrated at being dominated, outfought, outthought and outplayed.

Despite that we are not 'universally lambasted' - not even 'almost universally lambasted'. Cardiff are attacked by a minority of fans from some other clubs - usually those who think we should roll over and lose gracefully to them, or else bellends like you who wouldn't know a long ball if one hit you in the face (more likely from your team than ours).

It is often sour grapes or envy. It is often posted by opposition fans who have just looked at the league table!

Channel 5 can do what they want. They started the season focussed on the clubs with big budgets they expected to see fighting for the title (Wolves, Villa, Boro, Derby etc) and that skewed a lot of their coverage. They are also right to praise some of the football played by Wolves - a lot of it is quality. However they (and most other media covering the Championship) have also given full credit to Cardiff, Sheffield Utd and Bristol City - in that order - for confounding the pundits and getting up around the top on merit.

And they do give credit in the main. I would give Bristol City credit for getting up to 5th, despite your long ball game and frequent dirty play. It is an achievement and not to be sniffed at.

As Paul's blog was about the Forest game it is worth saying that a lot of the Forest fans who posted under bleating match reports were very complimentary about the way we won that game and wished their own team had the same work ethic and the quality of Hoilett and Ward with his strike. I was parked away from the ground and talked to or listened in to a lot of Forest fans leaving the match and all felt they were outplayed. They just hoped they could have snatched a goal in that late 5 minute spell of pressure.

Anyway, good WUMing. I've wasted 5 minutes giving you the courtesy of a reply. Will go back to ignoring in future.

The fans that moan about our style do it almost exclusively after beating us.

It happens.

I'm sure we moaned when a few years back the Nolan inspired Wedt Ham, then Newcastle sides ground us into the dirt.

Didn't hear Preston or Birmingham fans moaning that we were boring after they both outfought us for deserving wins.

Do us a favour and take some points off Villa, Shaff Utd and Wolves ( 3 teams we beat through pace and skill by the way) in the next few weeks.

Because they don't like that unfashionable Cardiff, with no great history in the game, have come from Wales to formerly big clubs and turned them over, one by one, despite spending a fraction on wages/transfer fees

Wolves spent at least £20m in the summer and have loanees from Porto, Atletico Madrid and Monaco. Our top scorer is a free transfer, our second top scorers (Ralls, NML and Ward all have four) have been signed from Farnborough, Rochdale and Rotherham and still we're just 4 points behind them after 19 games and 11 points clear of 7th placed Middlesbrough.

According to betting shops and pre-season predictions we have no right to be where we are and opposition fans can't handle that their superstars are being shown up by some blokes they've never heard of

PS, Jursett if you want to see our "hoofball anti football" watch the highlights of our goals against Leeds and Villa, to name just two

Go and boil your head you wurzel cock womble.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Because they don't like that unfashionable Cardiff, with no great history in the game, have come from Wales to formerly big clubs and turned them over, one by one, despite spending a fraction on wages/transfer fees

Wolves spent at least £20m in the summer and have loanees from Porto, Atletico Madrid and Monaco. Our top scorer is a free transfer, our second top scorers (Ralls, NML and Ward all have four) have been signed from Farnborough, Rochdale and Rotherham and still we're just 4 points behind them after 19 games and 11 points clear of 7th placed Middlesbrough.

According to betting shops and pre-season predictions we have no right to be where we are and opposition fans can't handle that their superstars are being shown up by some blokes they've never heard of

PS, Jursett if you want to see our "hoofball anti football" watch the highlights of our goals against Leeds and Villa, to name just two
    I watched the highlights of our games against villa and wolves via their clubs highlights with their commentators...and they both seemed quite complimentary about us throughout.

It's all about the term 'football' what is its definition and intent. Bottom line a team game with 3 points to those who score more goals than the other team.
    We are doing a lot of that this season and I am so proud of the way our team play for each other and the manager and the fans.

Long may it continue and long may other teams whinge when they lose to us.

1. Time wasting
    2. Pushing and shoving
    4. Long throws
    5. Cynical
    6. Terrible to watch
    7. Anti football

Etc etc

Have you just for a moment considered that it’s HOW you are and not this persona you've invented which is why everyone doesn’t like you?

Anyway, using the below, I have 9 points for you to ponder. You have repeatedly refused to answer ETHB's points but here goes.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...ship-2017-2018

1. Bristol City play the most long balls in the league
    2. More fouls than Cardiff
    3. 6 points behind Cardiff
    4. Fewer shots per game than Cardiff
    5. Fewer shots on target per game than Cardiff
    6. Fewer dribbles per game than Cardiff
    7. 43% of your goals have come from set pieces (inc pens), which is the highest percentage by a country mile. Flowing football, I think not.
    8. 4 points from your last 3, City have 9
    9. You're an extremely strange person who clearly has no friends