+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three wins in eight days, second in the table and still damned with faint praise.

Three wins in eight days, second in the table and still damned with faint praise.

Re: Three wins in eight days, second in the table and still damned with faint praise.

Great read as always Bob. It really is the case that the only sides who accept the Warnock way are the sides he has managed. He's a bloody genius in this division. There's no way in the world that we should be second with the resources at his disposal but he's done it time after time. If we can get the "star" players back and fit then we might be right to dream of promotion again.

Re: Three wins in eight days, second in the table and still damned with faint praise.

The patronising comment 'Cardiff are very good at what they do' is usually made by managers and players of teams that are not very good at what they do.

Long may it continue, If they are still saying it and we are still in the same league position next time we play forrest, it will all be good

Great read again Bob.
    Was a little taken aback when you indicated that Gunnar still has a problem from his injury and may not play this week, and Ken may not be back till Xmas. Despite heroics from the players who have stepped in a do wonder how long we can continue to win without our best players. Despite an easier looking run over the next few weeks the next game could always be the banana skin so fingers crossed all will be well. Great that NML should be back. We have missed his pace and his dynamitism.
    Anyway enough of the pessimism I am often accused of. I am very confident we will make at least the playoffs, but with everyone back fit I see no reason why auto can not be on the cards. Wolves look out!

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Great piece Bob, I used to dis like 'Neil' when he managed other sides, but now he is one of us - he is great. A bit like Bellamy.

His comments on football focus were very telling, about his old sides having reunions - which shows a team spirit and strong bond of players and manager who will fight and play for each other. Nice to be part of it as a fan as well,
    Thanks for mentioning Football Focus because I didn't know he had been on before that. As you say, it's revealing about those player reunions with his old sides and you can't help thinking that Warnock's right about the current Man City side not having one in ten years time - maybe the younger. modern day manager does not place as much emphasis on building team spirit and camaraderie as older ones do?

An excellent read, TOBW, as usual. Three things have occurred to me since the game yesterday.

1. City are no more guilty of time-wasting than any other club, as witnessed by the games at Birmingham and Bristol City.

2. Playing to your strengths and not taking any chances is an integral part of many team ball games. In both codes of rugby and American Football, the defending team will kick the ball long to give the opposition possession when there is no better option. It may reduce your possession stats, but the opposition is less likely to score from within their own half.

3. Some of City's football on the break has been breath-taking this season. The inter-play of (to name 3) Bennett, Hoilett and Ralls, around the opposition box has been excellent, certainly much better than City teams of recent seasons. That fact is being conveniently overlooked by our critics.

We are in danger of believing what others who have been out-thought by Neil Warnock and Co are bleating about.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Great read again Bob.
    Was a little taken aback when you indicated that Gunnar still has a problem from his injury and may not play this week, and Ken may not be back till Xmas. Despite heroics from the players who have stepped in a do wonder how long we can continue to win without our best players. Despite an easier looking run over the next few weeks the next game could always be the banana skin so fingers crossed all will be well. Great that NML should be back. We have missed his pace and his dynamitism.
    Anyway enough of the pessimism I am often accused of. I am very confident we will make at least the playoffs, but with everyone back fit I see no reason why auto can not be on the cards. Wolves look out!
    The interview with Warnock is available to subscribers on the club website - it's well worth a watch if you have access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The interview with Warnock is available to subscribers on the club website - it's well worth a watch if you have access to it.
    Used to be a subscriber but quite honestly found it a waste of time and money. Perhaps i ought to reregister if things have improved.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've read that Paul Taylor article and he's as bitter as they come. Would you rather support Cardiff or Forest at this moment in time is utterly laughable, they've lost 10 times in 19 games for crying out loud. He's making out Warburton to be some sort of footballing purist while Warnock is a clogger. Forest aren't anywhere near good enough to play the football he wants them too. He's ignored the shocking tackles Forest made during the game (Traore could walked for his) and the fact it was 10 fouls a piece, as well as the fact we looked far more dangerous than they did. Shockingly, a side winning 2-0 shuts up shop away from home. Who'd have thought?

Have we got any "cloggers"?

I suppose Peltier has a habit of picking up a card or two and Damour has a short fuse. Bamba is strong in the tackle but centre-backs should be.

Forest 0 Bluebirds 2

The end

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The patronising comment 'Cardiff are very good at what they do' is usually made by managers and players of teams that are not very good at what they do.
    I commented yesterday how I didn't think Forest were very good at what they do. Made it easy for us to counter them. We beat them well IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I commented yesterday how I didn't think Forest were very good at what they do. Made it easy for us to counter them. We beat them well IMO.
    Forest are awful at "what they do". We didn't have to even work hard to out work them. The amount of times Damour, Ralls and Bryson intercepted passes in their midfield was unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Man City and Barcelona ( and wolves ) are also sides that are good at what they do!

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Thought provoking account as usual Bob.

Mind goes back to the time when Arsenal were 'invincible'.

"1-0 to the Arsenal" ... sung with gusto by the Gooners after their customary defence of a single goal lead

and

"Boring - Boring Arsenal" ... on the lips of many opposition fans and media.

Although Arsenal and Cardiff will never be equal I can see some similar reactions in our league.

I was thinking exactly the same thing the other day about 1-0 to the Arsenal. Now its 1-0 to the sheepshaggers!

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I was thinking exactly the same thing the other day about 1-0 to the Arsenal. Now its 1-0 to the sheepshaggers!
    Out of our 12 wins only three have been 1-0

Burton, Boro & Barnsley.

New chant "Sing when you're passing, you only sing when you're passing!"

Facking love that comment spot on

Great read Paul, long may it continue along with our progress, also may those managers keep moaning ,as we know by now ,its because were beating their under performing sides .

We are doing alright with an (almost) 2nd string team.

Let them moan. If/when we get all cylinders firing , then they can bloody start moaning alright ;)

Thanks for the article - enjoyed.

I would imagine Warnock is loving it and using the constant whining to help create a bit of siege mentality within the team.

Even more motivation to show how average many of these teams handing out the footballing lectures really are.

I would imagine Warnock is loving it and using the constant whining to help create a bit of siege mentality within the team.

Even more motivation to show how average many of these teams handing out the footballing lectures really are.
    I know we all take the piss out of wolves and their attempt to replicate Ajax, Holland, Barcelona, Brazil and Arsenal...but at this level they do it well and are in a good position due to it.

Too many other teams attempt it and fail drastically...like forest..I think it may pay off for Fulham if they can put a run together

I expect to see 'damned with faint praise' in a Wales Online article this week!

Have you not considered for just a second that it’s the way you play that is the cause of you not getting any praise.

Almost EVERYWHERE you play you hear:
    1. Time wasting
    2. Pushing and shoving
    3. Low possession belt it forward
    4. Long throws
    5. Cynical
    6. Terrible to watch
    7. Anti football

Etc etc

You seem oblivious to this criticism and take the view “it’s not us, it’s everyone else”.

I have made these comments for some time but I told you I wasn’t alone.

Have you just for a moment considered that it’s HOW you’ve played these games and not the result which is why everyone doesn’t like Cardiff?