+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prince Harry to marry girlfriend Meghan Markle

Re: Prince Harry to marry girlfriend Meghan Markle

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Let's be honest, news of the engagement has put an autumnal spring in all our steps. I know this to be true because Sky News said so.

I was unaware she's a divorcee. Who else have deposited their tackle in Ms Markle?
    Rumours that Sludge msy have parked his tackle down Meghan Way have been strongly denied by Buckingham Palace

What scurrilous remarks!

No black nob has featured in her heritage.

I'll have you know she's a regular at Ton Tan, as any resident of Tonyrefail will confirm via a look you, isn't it, butty bach.
    Her mother is African-American .

But the real stain on her heritage is that her dad is of...

...IRISH stock!!

Oh, the shame!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Rumours that Sludge msy have parked his tackle down Meghan Way have been strongly denied by Buckingham Palace
    I think it's bad form to have a dig at a fellow member, even one as disreputable as him. I would never stoop to that level.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Absolutely!

The only ginger royal?
    The only non-balding royal? (adult male, obv)

The only royal to bear more than a passing resemblance to Diana's former equerry?
    Check the top of his head again - well on his way to a shiny crown

Let's be honest, news of the engagement has put an autumnal spring in all our steps. I know this to be true because Sky News said so.

I was unaware she's a divorcee. Who else have deposited their tackle in Ms Markle?
    Me and sludge

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Her mother is African-American .

But the real stain on her heritage is that her dad is of...

...IRISH stock!!

Oh, the shame!

Irish/Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    An end to austerity (for this occasion anyway) , blanket BBC coverage for days on end and Nicholas Witchell boring us to tears with his voyeuristic journalism. Medieval nonsense that interests gossipers and people with nothing else to live for.

The last wedding cost £20m. Expensive stuff.
    It's a matter of taste I suppose. Now if I really want to be bored to tears, I'd indulge myself in a 5 page thread on something called 'rainbow laces'. Check it out below.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    It's a matter of taste I suppose. Now if I really want to be bored to tears, I'd indulge myself in a 5 page thread on something called 'rainbow laces'. Check it out below.
    There is a seven page argument on Planet Swans about who should or should not be able to be co-opted onto your trust if you get bored on here!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    There is a seven page argument on Planet Swans about who should or should not be able to be co-opted onto your trust if you get bored on here!
    Now you're talking. Nothing like a barney about a Trust to get the juices flowing. If I could understand what the hell they're arguing so violently about, I could get quite outraged. ....................I like to watch football.

Now you're talking. Nothing like a barney about a Trust to get the juices flowing. If I could understand what the hell they're arguing so violently about, I could get quite outraged. ....................I like to watch football.
    Fair Do's mush

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The work prince harry , together with his brother , have done for mental health is great and of course both of them have served the country

But the coverage of this story just goes to show what a daft country we live in

The daily mail , express , sun and torygraph will be banging on about it for weeks , the fawning public will lap it up and the creepy Nicholas witchell will be having an orgasm
    Perfect way to restore some patriotism while public opinion towards Brexit keeps disappearing in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Perfect way to restore some patriotism while public opinion towards Brexit keeps disappearing in droves.
    I thought Mrs R was the conspiracy nut on here

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Nooooo, that's me. Splott Dai, no less, handed me the crown and sceptre, so there.

Nooooo, that's me. Splott Dai, no less, handed me the crown and sceptre, so there.
    The tin foil crown and sceptre.

I seem to be misinformed. My apologies.

I seem to be misinformed. My apologies.
    No need to apologise. She's crackers, I'll give her that, but not nearly as yours truly.

No need to apologise. She's crackers, I'll give her that, but not nearly as yours truly.
    So she's the one that hates rugby then? Or is that you as well?

Blog Entries

I have no idea where you heard that, read my posts and decide for yourself.

I think I've gone full circle on here, I'm the only sane one left.

She will fit in well if she is an actress. Prince Charles acts all hard with all the medals he's got on his uniform. Most are for eating crumpets.

I like to think I'm a reasonably well informed fellow who you can hold a fairly decent conversation on a variety of subjects, but ask me about the modern day Royal Family and I'm a complete and utter dunce. I know the names of all of the Queen's children because they were drummed into me at school, but ask me the names of her grandchildren and I'd not have a clue except for Diana's two whose names I think, but am not 100 per sure, I could give you even before yesterday's wall to wall coverage.

I'm a Republican, but I have a respect for the Queen who, to use a phrase I seem to have heard a lot lately, is good at what she does, Diana's two sons seem okay as well, but it's hard to have an opinion on any of the minor Royals because I wouldn't know them if they walked past me in the street today (even the woman who is married to the other one of Diana's sons).

Whenever I come across any Royal news on the telly or online, I always say to no one in particular "but what is the point in them?". Seriously, I don't know what purpose they fulfill in modern day Britain - people say they are good for tourism, but it's nearly always the buildings, sites and history associated with Royalty from the past that attracts overseas visitors, not the current Royals.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I like to think I'm a reasonably well informed fellow who you can hold a fairly decent conversation on a variety of subjects, but ask me about the modern day Royal Family and I'm a complete and utter dunce. I know the names of all of the Queen's children because they were drummed into me at school, but ask me the names of her grandchildren and I'd not have a clue except for Diana's two whose names I think, but am not 100 per sure, I could give you even before yesterday's wall to wall coverage.

I'm a Republican, but I have a respect for the Queen who, to use a phrase I seem to have heard a lot lately, is good at what she does, Diana's two sons seem okay as well, but it's hard to have an opinion on any of the minor Royals because I wouldn't know them if they walked past me in the street today (even the woman who is married to the other one of Diana's sons).

Whenever I come across any Royal news on the telly or online, I always say to no one in particular "but what is the point in them?". Seriously, I don't know what purpose they fulfill in modern day Britain - people say they are good for tourism, but it's nearly always the buildings, sites and history associated with Royalty from the past that attracts overseas visitors, not the current Royals.
    If tourism was the main reason of retaining a royal family we should go the whole hog and install Mickey Mouse as Head of State. Conflating tourism with a political system is downright ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    If tourism was the main reason of retaining a royal family we should go the whole hog and install Mickey Mouse as Head of State. Conflating tourism with a political system is downright ludicrous.
    The yanks have done pretty well out of it

Spot on about the tourism argument.
    their continued squatting in the state owned historical monuments prevents millions of tourist from entering them every year.
    The palace of versailles has something like 5 million paying visitors per year - how any go to buckingham palace?

Apparently it's all about the tourism.

10 years of Prince Charles on the throne will be enough for Republicanism to win.