+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Help with Cardiff buses

Help with Cardiff buses

A number of my friends are over from Dubai and I have tickets for all of us to go to the Norwich game on Friday night.
    As we all want to have a drink we need to get from the City Centre to the ground.
    What bus can we catch ?
    We will get 2 taxis back later.

Re: Help with Cardiff buses

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    A number of my friends are over from Dubai and I have tickets for all of us to go to the Norwich game on Friday night.
    As we all want to have a drink we need to get from the City Centre to the ground.
    What bus can we catch ?
    We will get 2 taxis back later.
    get a 17 or an 18 from outside the train station it will take you to canton 3min drive then follow the crowds
    or you could just get the train to ninian park from Cardiff train station

You could get the CCFC Shuttle bus direct to the stadium http://www.cardiffbus.com/english/CCFC

Or you could walk - it’s not that far

And if you go through grangetown you pass some pubs!

Think the Barry bus dumps you outside the ground via wood street

http://www.cardiffbus.com/english/se...serviceid=5298

The other option is train it to Grangetown , drink and eat in the Cornwall, casual wintry stroll to ground

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    You could get the CCFC Shuttle bus direct to the stadium http://www.cardiffbus.com/english/CCFC
    Thanks Richard - sounds like a brilliant solution...

I'd say walk, it's not that far. However, there might be reasons why that's not such a good option for your party. However, I can't help thinking why if you're all going to get a taxi from the game that you don't consider getting one to the game .. or are all your Dubai mates a bit strapped for cash? 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I'd say walk, it's not that far. However, there might be reasons why that's not such a good option for your party. However, I can't help thinking why if you're all going to get a taxi from the game that you don't consider getting one to the game .. or are all your Dubai mates a bit strapped for cash? ��
    They'll be paying to "SIT IN TRAFFIC", if they get a taxi to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    They'll be paying to "SIT IN TRAFFIC", if they get a taxi to the game.
    Ah, I see. It's about 12 years ago since I last went to a home game. We were playing at Ninian Park then of course,gates were lower back then than they are now.