+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well said Holloway

Well said Holloway

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...ld-have-stayed

When your team needs you most, buggering off early. I don’t buy the “I payed my money I can leave when I want” rubbish, reminds me of the little ginger kid off Just William. I shall scweem and scweem until I’m sick.

Re: Well said Holloway

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post

When your team needs you most, buggering off early. I don’t buy the “I payed my money I can leave when I want” rubbish, reminds me of the little ginger kid off Just William. I shall scweem and scweem until I’m sick.
    This has been done to death. Obviously anyone who goes to a game, can leave after 2 minutes if the they choose to, but it’s always baffled me. In all my yrs of supporting City, I’ve never left (home or away) before the final whistle.
    I’ve lived within 2 miles from N Park and I’ve lived 300 miles away in my time. I’ve seen some dire performances, some absolute hammerings got soaked through to the skin, nearly had my balls cut off by the wind, but have never left early.
    I know plenty of mates, City fans and fans of other teams who’ve missed dozens of goals by leaving games early.
    To me, it’s like leaving the cinema 5 minutes before the film ends. Each to their own, but leaving early is not for me.

I suppose people don't feel like getting stuck in traffic on top of a frustrating result.

Not defending it at all. But I guess that's what happens

Holloway needs to tell Sky and FA.....Monday night football 8ish kick off fans got other prioritys like earning a living.

Its a difficult one as you cant judge all here are some reason why you may leave early :

Cold and elderly
    Feeling not 100%,clods and stuff with winter upon us
    Night games , need to be home in good time for work the next day ,could be a 5am rise for some
    Disabled need to not get crushed
    Need to get home for an appointment or work
    Living up the valleys or afar dont want to turn the night into a traffic nightmare journey
    Need to get to the pub as part of your recovery therapy.

I think a lot of this is down new stadium builds on already congested retail sites , slow / poor access , traffic chaos in already crowded city centers , peoples crazy reliance on car travel.( perhaps congestion charging is not a bad idea )

On a persona note I do try and stay ,but I do struggle with the cold in participial Tuesday nights

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its a difficult one as you cant judge all here are some reason why you may leave early :

Cold and elderly
    Feeling not 100%,clods and stuff with winter upon us
    Night games , need to be home in good time for work the next day ,could be a 5am rise for some
    Disabled need to not get crushed
    Need to get home for an appointment or work
    Living up the valleys or afar dont want to turn the night into a traffic nightmare journey
    Need to get to the pub as part of your recovery therapy.

I think a lot of this is down new stadium builds on already congested retail sites , slow / poor access , traffic chaos in already crowded city centers , peoples crazy reliance on car travel.( perhaps congestion charging is not a bad idea )

On a persona note I do try and stay ,but I do struggle with the cold in participial Tuesday nights
    You left out, "need a pee", on these cold nights

I always (normally) stay to the end but,

0-2 down in a local derby, on a freezing cold day Monday night. In Shepherd's Bush.

I'm not going to judge people leaving on 90 mins there

My mate does it now and again. Only when we're getting battered.

He just gets really pissed-off and disappointed and literally can't bear to watch it. I think that's fair enough really.

Just keep walking and don't linger on the steps.

They need to identify the defectors on CCTV and ban the lot of them!

Or shoot them even

Haven't heard it but I do have the Ian Holloway report generator at home which tells me the following words were used at least twice and in the case of 'My Booiys' in a wurzel drawl will be used at least 4 times.
    Holloway Words
    'My Booiys' (4 times)
    'We ain't the best but we give it our all'
    'I'll tell you this right'
    'I am sooo proud of them booiys'
    'You can't question their heart'
    'We'll keep going'

Rearrange these words and you'll have every Holloway after match report

Instead of leaving early why not arrive late - you'll be in the cold for the same amount of time and will never miss last minute goals again.

Oh good, this one again!

If you leave early you get all the best short cuts first!

Hollow-head gotta love the guys enthusiasm

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    I suppose people don't feel like getting stuck in traffic on top of a frustrating result.

Not defending it at all. But I guess that's what happens
    That would be fine if it were true but many leave at the same early time every game, even if we are winning 1-0, 2-1 etc or if the score is 0-0 or even if we are winning by 3 or 4 goals. Basically they are more interested in getting home early than supporting the team and celebrating at the end. People start to filter out of the ground even with about 10 minutes to go. Dont understand it and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    That would be fine if it were true but many leave at the same early time every game, even if we are winning 1-0, 2-1 etc or if the score is 0-0 or even if we are winning by 3 or 4 goals. Basically they are more interested in getting home early than supporting the team and celebrating at the end. People start to filter out of the ground even with about 10 minutes to go. Dont understand it and never will.
    Or worse, decide to leave oh wait hang around on the stairs obstructing others view like self-entitled pricks knowing the stewards have disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Or worse, decide to leave oh wait hang around on the stairs obstructing others view like self-entitled pricks knowing the stewards have disappeared.
    I’ve noticed that happening during Premiership games the stewards seem to ignore it

looks like Hollow-Heads bosses have had a word with him Baz

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...match-comments

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    looks like Hollow-Heads bosses have had a word with him Baz

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...match-comments
    That's fair enough. Not a retraction of what he said (which i enjoyed) but a toned down restatement.

Now will that whinger Dean Smith apologise for blaming the referee for the QPR comeback?

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

West Ham don't have the same problem.

Their fans stay right to the end to avoid the rush.

(Sorry if already posted - doing the rounds on social media)

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    That's fair enough. Not a retraction of what he said (which i enjoyed) but a toned down restatement.

Now will that whinger Dean Smith apologise for blaming the referee for the QPR comeback?

i enjoyed what he said too Jon

mmmmmm I wonder if it will be "suggested" he apologises