+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sour Grapes

Sour Grapes

Re: Sour Grapes

What a spunk trumpet.
    I suppose when Forest are away from home and are up in a game they rush every set piece, substitution and goal kick.
    One eyed 2hat

He looks pissed

What a miserable, cry-baby tw*t.
    What would Warburton’s team have done if they were 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go? Rushed to take every free kick, goal kick and throw-in? Substituted players will sprint off the pitch? I doubt it very much.

“I’d rather watch Warburtons free-flowing attacking football” - Where was that Sunday?
    All I seen was hopeless 5 yard passes and they coughed up the ball easily when we put the pressure on. Nothing attacking about them at all.

I’d rather watch a team that’s winning, scoring goals, keeping clean sheets and 2nd in the league.

So Kenny Burns would rather lose 3 points than play the way Cardiff play & get 3 points, yeah right
    Also he has had a dig at Warnock"s appearance, stones & glass houses springs to mind, the ugly fat fecker.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    What a miserable, cry-baby tw*t.
    What would Warburton’s team have done if they were 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go? Rushed to take every free kick, goal kick and throw-in? Substituted players will sprint off the pitch? I doubt it very much.

“I’d rather watch Warburtons free-flowing attacking football” - Where was that Sunday?
    All I seen was hopeless 5 yard passes and they coughed up the ball easily when we put the pressure on. Nothing attacking about them at all.

I’d rather watch a team that’s winning, scoring goals, keeping clean sheets and 2nd in the league.
    I didn't see any free-flowing football, they just played straight into our hands. Warnock knew exactly what they'd do and Warburton was too stubborn to change from his "principles". Soundly beaten and all they've done is bleat.

I’m getting to love all this anti-Cardiff stuff.

It brings us all together, the team, the fans.

To paraphrase Millwall - no one likes us - we don’t care

Stopped reading when he said anyone can play like that

“He can have the three points from Sunday’s match between the Reds and Cardiff, I’d much rather have a manager like Mark Warburton in the home dugout at the City Ground – a likeable manager who gets his teams to play exciting, attacking football."

The non-football world is littered with ex-managers who tried to play exciting, attacking football.
    Doubtless Burns would be in that bracket if the fat fùck had the balls to get himself out there and put something back into the game.

To get a result in a game, a manager should do his homework on the opposition, work out their strengths and weaknesses. It's not a case of just pick a side who will, as he's suggesting, go out and attack teams in the hope of entertaining the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    I think his comments should be taken in context.

The context is that he was (is?) a drunk who played football in a violent manner. If you read about him he boasts about deliberately hitting Kevin Keegan in the throat and threatening more violence against him as he lay injured on the ground in a European game between Forest and Hamburg. He also seems particularly proud of a boast that he used to cut down the wooden studs on his boots to expose the internal metal pins so that they would "stick to the skin better" of the player he was tackling, i.e to deliberately hurt an opponent.

Based on the above , perhaps Kenny Burns ought to be asked more about his own approach to the game before being taken seriously about his views on the way other teams play football. He is hardly a food ambassador for the "beautiful game".

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post

The context is that he was (is?) a drunk who played football in a violent manner. If you read about him he boasts about deliberately hitting Kevin Keegan in the throat and threatening more violence against him as he lay injured on the ground in a European game between Forest and Hamburg. He also seems particularly proud of a boast that he used to cut down the wooden studs on his boots to expose the internal metal pins so that they would "stick to the skin better" of the player he was tackling, i.e to deliberately hurt an opponent.

Based on the above , perhaps Kenny Burns ought to be asked more about his own approach to the game before being taken seriously about his views on the way other teams play football. He is hardly a food ambassador for the "beautiful game".

Having looked at his photo in the Wales Online piece I can well believe he is a food ambassador for someone.

He is also an ignorant cretin.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post

Based on the above , perhaps Kenny Burns ought to be asked more about his own approach to the game before being taken seriously about his views on the way other teams play football. He is hardly a good ambassador for the "beautiful game".

Good typo by me there!

I meant to type "good" ambassador no "food" ambassador but , looking at the shape of hi, these days , maybe the initial wording is not too inaccurate

Boo Hoo. I feel so sorry for Forest because they are one of the leading exponents of exciting , attacking play..........not! Burns was a thug who was usually p****d when he played, sounds like he has been on the bottle again. It's an easy touch when teams lose to blame Warnock and his 'style of play', I think every team that has lost has said that, except Barnsley and Brentford who said we were 'lucky'.

I am so ashamed of our play this season, not conceding goals, lowest goals against in the Championship, being in second place, having goals throughout the team (Zohore, Ward, Bogle, Hoilett, Ralls, Mendez-Laing etc). It's just not fair to the other sides. I suppose it gives the managers an excuse when they lose rather than blame their own team's performances.

Burns was a dirty git when he played.When he has a record in management like Neil Warnock he can start talking until then he is scratching around earning a few bob for a local rag.As for apperance he looks like a boxer that has been on the wrong side of too many hidings

bloody ell , how sour can 1 person be
    we really have been getting the hate of late haven't we
    but to get personal about a persons appearance
    now that's just juvenile and "I'm taking my ball home" mentality
    ive just been asked by one of the young lads here
    "who the fack is Kenny Burns"

Willie Thornes let himself go

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Once a **** always a ****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2NhFoXT9s8

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Willie Thornes let himself go

and I thought that Rene from Allo Allo was no longer with us!

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Stopped reading when he said anyone can play like that
    Makes me laugh too. Still need the players to pull it off.

“Some people will say that was brilliant tactics, but it’s not. It doesn’t take great coaching on the training ground to come up with a plan to take ages over set-pieces or substitutions. Anyone can do that.

“Cardiff should not have been allowed to get away it, it’s that simple"

Well. Let's hope these kind of comments don't build momentum and we slip out of the play offs and down to 14th where these lot believe we belong. Idiots. It wasn't our closing down, or counter attacking (against a team that passed the ball 5 yards and struggled to make progress up the pitch ) football that won us the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    “Some people will say that was brilliant tactics, but it’s not. It doesn’t take great coaching on the training ground to come up with a plan to take ages over set-pieces or substitutions. Anyone can do that.

“Cardiff should not have been allowed to get away it, it’s that simple"

Well. Let's hope these kind of comments don't build momentum and we slip out of the play offs and down to 14th where these lot believe we belong. Idiots. It wasn't our closing down, or counter attacking (against a team that passed the ball 5 yards and struggled to make progress up the pitch ) football that won us the game.
    it does make you laugh don't it
    don't people realize , you don't get extra points for artistic impression

I think Tan should take note and follow the Birmingham plan for the rest of the season. Sack the diabolical manager who takes you to the cusp of promotion and bring in somebody like Zola, Trollope or even Stam who play 'possession stat' football

Clough would be ashamed of Forest as they are now.

I for one hope that these sort of comments continue all season as if they do it means half the sides are beaten before we even play them & they all don"t think that we deserve to have beaten them after taking the 3 points
    Our league position & stats such as long balls, fouls etc do not back up the claims that we are a dirty hoofball team.

I agree. It was so bland under Slade and Trollope. Even OGS seemed to be liked by most people due to his achievements as a player.

We now have a manager who 100% believes in his players and his methods.....and sod whatever anyone else thinks or says.

It's refreshing.

With comments like that, I'm sure he has endeared himself to the Cardiff City faithful. I'm certain he will get a very warm and friendly welcome when Forest visit the Cardiff City stadium on 21st April 2017.