+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sour Grapes

Re: Sour Grapes

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    I for one hope that these sort of comments continue all season as if they do it means half the sides are beaten before we even play them & they all don"t think that we deserve to have beaten them after taking the 3 points
    Our league position & stats such as long balls, fouls etc do not back up the claims that we are a dirty hoofball team.
    I've just watched the first half on ifollow.
    Their fans made claims that we forced them into playing our way and we dragged them down to our level, the first 23 seconds they passed it forward then all the way back forward then all the way back and around the back 4...24 seconds in AAAANNNNND HOOOOOF.
    I counted 4 or 4 hoofs inside 5 minutes.

We just don't dither on the ball. We do something with it when we have possession.

I lost count how many times players like Bryson nearly snatched the ball off Vaughan as they seemed to fall asleep with the ball at their feet.

Ok, fine, were no Brentford, Wolves or Barcelona..but at least we attack with purpose. And we can defend as well. No wonder teams and their fans can't accept us winning..

Also their keeper wasn't exactly lightning at goal kicks.. neither were they at throw ins when it was nil nil...funny that.

Teams have turned us over for years, because we have been soft and not streetwise.

I for one am really enjoying the displays and the togetherness of all the players.

Jealously is a terrible sin

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Teams have turned us over for years, because we have been soft and not streetwise.

I for one am really enjoying the displays and the togetherness of all the players.

Agreed

There's a good article from Jamie Kemble (Inside Wales Sport) on this:

http://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/op...nock-football/

And an even better one (linked in the article above) from Phil Spencer (QPR reporter for GetWestLondon):

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...eview-13904651

Best opponent

Having seen each of QPR's games so far this season, I can't look past Cardiff City as the strongest opponent.

Sheffield Wednesday, Wolves and Middlesbrough all possessed undoubted quality, but the Hoops were able to stop them playing their natural game while also finding a weakness in the ranks.

Managed by Neil Warnock, the Bluebirds looked organised at the back, and incredibly fast and strong going forward.

Whether Cardiff can last the pace this season remains to be seen, but the clinical nature of their attacking play will ensure they're not far away by the time May rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There's a good article from Jamie Kemble (Inside Wales Sport) on this:

http://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/op...nock-football/

And an even better one (linked in the article above) from Phil Spencer (QPR reporter for GetWestLondon):

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...eview-13904651

Best opponent

Having seen each of QPR's games so far this season, I can't look past Cardiff City as the strongest opponent.

Sheffield Wednesday, Wolves and Middlesbrough all possessed undoubted quality, but the Hoops were able to stop them playing their natural game while also finding a weakness in the ranks.

Managed by Neil Warnock, the Bluebirds looked organised at the back, and incredibly fast and strong going forward.

Whether Cardiff can last the pace this season remains to be seen, but the clinical nature of their attacking play will ensure they're not far away by the time May rolls around.
    Two nice pieces

After a few games under Neil Warnock last season,I too looked at the possession stats and thought “Bloody hell”.It quickly dawned on me though that he is happy for other teams to have the ball and ask them the question,”Can you break us down?”The answer more often than not is no.This season,I think it has developed, and against all footballing wisdom, I would go as far to say that even with 30% possession,we are controlling the games against most sides.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Stopped reading when he said anyone can play like that
    Might explain why they've already lost 10 times this season

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Remember Nolan coming down here with bang average Newcastle and West Ham sides and bullying us off the park.

Funny how both of those 'bang average' sides went up.

Nice to see the boot on the other foot.

Love to see him bullying Bamba, Morrison, Patterson, Peltier, etc..

Even Hoillet and NML the skilful wingers win most of their physical battles

Joy to watch

Neil should have come back with " who needs Sour Grapes, when we've got Steve Grapes"

Kenny Burns was used to kick the feck out of players. A Scottish Trevor?Hockey. Clough brought him into the Forest defence. Footballer my ass.

"Exciting, attacking football"?

Is he ****ing pissed? They lost 2-0. NIL. At home. And it was over by half-time.

And also, what's with the fake outrage over time wasting? So the players don't run off the pitch when they're substituted and they're not in a hurry to take throws in. I should ****ing hope not. Do Warburton, Burns etc etc not realise what's at stake in these games?

****ing babies.

Bugger I thought this thread was about City legend Steve Grapes.