+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Complaints over New Zealand Commonwealth Games transgender selection Laurel Hubbard

Complaints over New Zealand Commonwealth Games transgender selection Laurel Hubbard

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=11947752

Australia's weightlifting chief says New Zealand's selection of transgender athlete Laurel Hubbard will create an uneven playing field at next year's Commonwealth Games.

Hubbard, who will compete in the 90kg-plus division on the Gold Coast, will be the first transgender athlete to represent New Zealand at a Commonwealth Games.

As Gavin Hubbard, the 39-year-old was a national junior record-holder in the male 105kg class before she transitioned into a woman in her mid-30s.

Re: Complaints over New Zealand Commonwealth Games transgender selection Laurel Hubbard

I think they have a reason to raise the issue.

A few weeks ago, I attended a ASA / Swim England Course as part of my Swim Judge commitments ( i do various courses every year )

The ASA are looking at letting the person involved decide which gender they will be, I raised the concern that as Male swimmer decides he is " transgender " and enters as a Female, automatically that person has a advantage over his fellow competitors, A national timed Male will swim faster that his counterpart who is Female

Is that Fair ? ? ?

Re: Complaints over New Zealand Commonwealth Games transgender selection Laurel Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I think they have a reason to raise the issue.

A few weeks ago, I attended a ASA / Swim England Course as part of my Swim Judge commitments ( i do various courses every year )

The ASA are looking at letting the person involved decide which gender they will be, I raised the concern that as Male swimmer decides he is " transgender " and enters as a Female, automatically that person has a advantage over his fellow competitors, A national timed Male will swim faster that his counterpart who is Female

Is that Fair ? ? ?
    Nothing that a rainbow swimming cossie can't sort out surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    As long as its FINA approved and has the logo on display

Unless when questioned the swimmer ( or coach if under 13 ) say that they cannot afford a FINA approved racesuit / trunks, the ASA being a inclusive organisation that will not exclude due to not being able to afford FINA approved wear, now that made me laugh aswell, Oh you have to wear a approved suit, but then again you dont

Dont start me on the racesuits being above the knee, thats another rule that is a farce

No need to cheat using drugs any more. Just claim you're a woman.

Is she lifting in the clean and jerk or the snatch event?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Is she lifting in the clean and jerk or the snatch event?
    Beat me to it😊

Blog Entries

No matter what he wears or calls himself he's not a woman, people can lie to themselves and believe he is if they wish but it does not make it any more true.

"The Orwellian nightmare of transgender politics"
    http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite...politics/20116

I'm thinking about placing a large bet on this Sheila winning the gold medal at the Commonwealth Games in Australia next year.

Good grief, what is the world coming to.?

I'm thinking about placing a large bet on this Sheila winning the gold medal at the Commonwealth Games in Australia next year.
    Like Printing Money