+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whoah! Crunch December for Swans....

Whoah! Crunch December for Swans....

After Chelsea away tomorrow where you can't see them getting anything, Swans face what looks like a make or break December with 7 games, a mixture of top and bottom teams:

Stoke A
    WBA H
    Man C H
    Everton A
    Palace H
    L'pool A
    Watford A

If they're still in the bottom 3 come January, you'd put money on them staying there.

Re: Whoah! Crunch December for Swans....

They've got to be looking at about 7 or 8 points to stay in the hunt to be safe. home wins v WBA and Palace, and draws at Stoke at Watford. personally I think they'll lose all the away games and maybe beat Palace or WBA, so 4 point from that lot for me. I hope Palace and Everton have a good few results, and WBA and West ham too so that by New Year things look even worse down West. Then they'll sack Clement and not spend any money and have another new manager failing.

What a shame they are not a well run, financially prudent club like us!

Come in Swansea City, your time is up!

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I can see them beating WHA, and maybe a draw against either Everton or Stoke. 4 points max.

I would like the Jacks to be in the PL along with us, good for us and them, and Welsh Football, a great local derby etc
    I agree, quite happy for us both to be there but things are going very badly for them at the moment whilst the other strugglers have or are making management changes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    After Chelsea away tomorrow where you can't see them getting anything, Swans face what looks like a make or break December with 7 games, a mixture of top and bottom teams:

Stoke A
    WBA H
    Man C H
    Everton A
    Palace H
    L'pool A
    Watford A

If they're still in the bottom 3 come January, you'd put money on them staying there.
    Looked at this yesterday, gave them about 2 points until end of January. They have spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal at home and Newcastle away. As they are worse at home looks like they are doomed.....tragic eh

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Looked at this yesterday, gave them about 2 points until end of January. They have spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal at home and Newcastle away. As they are worse at home looks like they are doomed.....tragic eh
    If Palace win tonight Jacks go bottom.

I can see them beating WHA, and maybe a draw against either Everton or Stoke. 4 points max.

I would like the Jacks to be in the PL along with us, good for us and them, and Welsh Football, a great local derby etc
    They'll never beat West Ham Albion !!!!!!!
    Last edited by splott parker; 28-11-17 at 18:32. Reason: Wrong spelling

Stoke A
    WBA H
    Man C H
    Everton A
    Palace H
    L'pool A
    Watford A

Once players like Sanches, Bony and Abraham start to click, they'll still be shit. I could see them not winning any of those.

There’s no evidence that a Premier League Swansea City is any more beneficial to Welsh football than a non-Premier League Swansea City.

I thought they may have offered more to Wales from their “Premier League standard” youth academy, but I can’t think of a single Swansea academy product anywhere near the Welsh first team that has played for Swansea’s youth exclusively during their premier league years (it’s their seventh season in the top flight now)!

Swansea’s Premier League status is good exposure for their club and their city, but the only benefit to Welsh football is that it may take a few hundred supporters from the local rugby clubs/regions (which is always a bonus I suppose).

Them being more successful than us gives them an advantage to attract new supporters from marginal areas too, which is shit for us!

Personally I hope they get relegated, this year and next year. They’re a pain in the arse!!

They are crap but I think they will have enough to stay up

Horrible jack bastards

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Fair play, they lasted longer than I expected them to. Only bested by Stoke I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

Fair play, they lasted longer than I expected them to. Only bested by Stoke I believe.
    What will become of all their academies, you know the ones all around us, nicking all the Cardiff kids and turning them into swans? I’ll miss not seeing there shirts in Cardiff international airport......

Survived in some of the worst premier leagues in history, and will prob escape again this year. So many poor teams in the league!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Survived in some of the worst premier leagues in history, and will prob escape again this year. So many poor teams in the league!

They need a major miracle this time, it’s possible of course, but the type of games they usually get the points for have already been lost, mainly at home. December is tough, jan is worse.....falling apart behind the scenes is taking its toll for the white sox

The Jacks going down and the Blues are going up
    The Blues are going up, the Blues are going up.

Jacks are down, Blues are up etc.

(Courtesy of the Toon Army, and The Beatles “Yellow Submarine”)

While it's impossible to define what makes a poor team or league other than opinion, it's interesting to look at teams relegated from the Premier League since the Jacks were promoted in 2011.

28% of teams relegated prior to the Jacks promotion were promoted at the first time of asking, 27.8% after they won promotion. 12.2% won promotion at the second time of asking prior to their promotion, 0% after they won promotion.

Basically, teams getting relegated aren't doing as well in the Championship as they used to. On the opposite side of the coin, the number of teams getting relegated from the Premier League after just a season is lower than it used to be. Does that suggest the Championship is catching the Premier League up, or is the lower part of the Premier League getting worse where it's all about survival as there's nothing else to target.

Man C H
    Everton A
    Palace H
    L'pool A

Even the fixture list is laughing at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post

They are a latter day Wigan, Bolton, Fulham etc.

No one remembers 6-7 years of struggling to stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Tidy

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Putting the hatred and green eyed monster thoughts aside, they have done very well for a very small club ,bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Putting the hatred and green eyed monster thoughts aside, they have done very well for a very small club ,bastards.
    Meh. In the beginning maybe, until they sacked Laudrup. That was the start of their undoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsarnie View Post
    There’s no evidence that a Premier League Swansea City is any more beneficial to Welsh football than a non-Premier League Swansea City.

I thought they may have offered more to Wales from their “Premier League standard” youth academy, but I can’t think of a single Swansea academy product anywhere near the Welsh first team that has played for Swansea’s youth exclusively during their premier league years (it’s their seventh season in the top flight now)!

Swansea’s Premier League status is good exposure for their club and their city, but the only benefit to Welsh football is that it may take a few hundred supporters from the local rugby clubs/regions (which is always a bonus I suppose).

Them being more successful than us gives them an advantage to attract new supporters from marginal areas too, which is shit for us!

Personally I hope they get relegated, this year and next year. They’re a pain in the arse!!
    Maybe look a bit further down the line.

Kids that might have watched and played rugby when we were both in crap divisions may now choose to play football.
    The fact that they don't now come through at Swansea or Cardiff isn't the point right now. If they do come through in 5/10 years..Or maybe they have come through at younger years and gone to different academies.

Of course Swansea playing in the prem is beneficial to Wales.
    I haven't got a chart full of players to prove it..maybe in a few years we will.
    Do you think if we both played in the lower leagues it would have no effect on the pitch for Wales? So equally then it must be a positive to have two teams playing higher up the divisions.

Stoke A
    WBA H
    Man C H
    Everton A
    Palace H
    L'pool A
    Watford A

Hmm ... "Swans" ... too cosy and familiar to address them by their nickname on a Cardiff City message board. Do you think they refer to us as the Bluebirds amongst their fans?

Jack bastards or at the very least ... Swansea.