+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whoah! Crunch December for Swans....

Re: Whoah! Crunch December for Swans....

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I can see them beating WHA, and maybe a draw against either Everton or Stoke. 4 points max.

I would like the Jacks to be in the PL along with us, good for us and them, and Welsh Football, a great local derby etc
    Two Premier league games between two teams that have less than a handful of Welsh players between them would be good for Welsh football? I don't think it'll make any difference. I'm not sure why 2 games where the fans will be "bubbled" to the games would be good for us either. In fact, I'd say quite the opposite, it discourages fans from travelling and intimates that our fans are exactly what the English press think we are.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Of course Swansea playing in the prem is beneficial to Wales.
    I haven't got a chart full of players to prove it..maybe in a few years we will.
    Maybe???

Ben Davies played in Swansea’s academy when they were in the Premier League (2011-2012), but he’d been on their books since 2000. He was there when Tony Petty was doing such a great job!

There’s no other player anywhere near the current senior Welsh team that has played in Swansea’s academy whilst they’ve been in the Premier League. This is seven seasons now, how long do we have to wait? Where are they all?

The pathway for young welsh players to progress through the Swansea academy and into professional football, then ultimately representing Wales has dried up. It makes sense, Swansea are desperate to stay in the PL, there’s no appetite to bring the youngsters through when it’s easier and quicker to bring players in from elsewhere. The evidence is there.

We can also talk about the Jacks inspiring young Swansea kids to take up football ahead of any other pastime, but Gareth Bale has done that on his own, and Ben Woodburn will most likely carry that on into the next decade too.

Yes, it’s highly likely Swansea have taken fans away from rugby (which is great as far as I’m concerned), but for Cardiff fans to convince themselves that Swansea being in the PL is better for Welsh football is bizarre. The evidence clearly points to the opposite.

Looking over the past 10 to 15 years for both Cardiff and Swansea, I’d say something like a mid-table Championship team with an emphasis on fast-tracking youth into the first team is probably the best scenario for Wales.

I don’t buy into these bullshit sound bites we hear from PL owners and sponsors and I hope the jacks get fffacking hammered all season long!!

Joe Allen?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Joe Allen?
    Graduated from Swansea academy in 2007. Four years before they reached the PL.
    First full welsh cap in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsarnie View Post
    Maybe???

Ben Davies played in Swansea’s academy when they were in the Premier League (2011-2012), but he’d been on their books since 2000. He was there when Tony Petty was doing such a great job!

There’s no other player anywhere near the current senior Welsh team that has played in Swansea’s academy whilst they’ve been in the Premier League. This is seven seasons now, how long do we have to wait? Where are they all?

The pathway for young welsh players to progress through the Swansea academy and into professional football, then ultimately representing Wales has dried up. It makes sense, Swansea are desperate to stay in the PL, there’s no appetite to bring the youngsters through when it’s easier and quicker to bring players in from elsewhere. The evidence is there.

We can also talk about the Jacks inspiring young Swansea kids to take up football ahead of any other pastime, but Gareth Bale has done that on his own, and Ben Woodburn will most likely carry that on into the next decade too.

Yes, it’s highly likely Swansea have taken fans away from rugby (which is great as far as I’m concerned), but for Cardiff fans to convince themselves that Swansea being in the PL is better for Welsh football is bizarre. The evidence clearly points to the opposite.

Looking over the past 10 to 15 years for both Cardiff and Swansea, I’d say something like a mid-table Championship team with an emphasis on fast-tracking youth into the first team is probably the best scenario for Wales.

I don’t buy into these bullshit sound bites we hear from PL owners and sponsors and I hope the jacks get fffacking hammered all season long!!

Cardiff had a cracker coming through and he's ended up at man city...
    How many kids under 16 have ended up going the same way from eother us or the jacks?
    How many Welsh kids decide to play football now instead of rugby?
    We're poles apart so never gonna agree anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Hmm ... "Swans" ... too cosy and familiar to address them by their nickname on a Cardiff City message board. Do you think they refer to us as the Bluebirds amongst their fans?

Jack bastards or at the very least ... Swansea.
    Too cynical, my friend.