+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What a Hat Trick

What a Hat Trick

2nd, 7th & 10th of April, Sheff Utd away, Wolves home & Villa away !!!! Could be a crunch period, (for our older viewers, we definitely owe Sheff Utd away something in an end of season promotion clash).

Re: What a Hat Trick

Can see us getting 9 points from that lot tbh

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    2nd, 7th & 10th of April, Sheff Utd away, Wolves home & Villa away !!!! Could be a crunch period, (for our older viewers, we definitely owe Sheff Utd away something in an end of season promotion clash).
    I'm sure Gil the Grangetown plumber played for them that night.

Fecking hell, wish you hadn't reminded me of that 5-1! We definitely owe Sheff a good hiding.
    No commentary on the match so had to phone a number to get score updates if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It's OK , we'll be 12 points clear by then with our Anti-football and a number of messageboard posters around the UK will have already spontaneously combusted, so it won't matter

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Fecking hell, wish you hadn't reminded me of that 5-1! We definitely owe Sheff a good hiding.
    No commentary on the match so had to phone a number to get score updates if I recall.
    I didn't bother with that phone number after I spent three quarters of an hour in my neighbour's house (we didn't have a phone until the mid seventies) trying to get through to it trying to get the result of the Middlesbrough match played about a fortnight earlier.

I remember the plan for the Sheffield United game being that me and my mates would play five a side football in the Dutch barn at Cantonian school in an effort to remove the match from our minds - it didn't work!

Someone we knew who lived close by was getting the score by ringing that number (it was nowhere near as busy in the first half of games) and so we learned we were 1-0 down, then 2-0, but there was better news with the last message we got because we had pulled one back. After that though, it was impossible to get through again and so we left about half an hour after the match finished, still none the wiser as to what the score was - as I remember it, I didn't find out what had happened until about eleven o clock on the local news.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    The most annoying thing about that game, IIRC, is that it was are-arranged fixture, originally due to be played much earlier - might even have been before we sold Toshack.
    We might have beaten them then.

My mate Steve Derrett got a rare goal for us that night.