Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Liberal Leftie Bites The Dust

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another Liberal Leftie Bites The Dust

NBC fires Today show host Matt Lauer for inappropriate sexual behavior

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...exual-behavior

Re: Another Liberal Leftie Bites The Dust

It hasn't been a very good month for the moralisers of the Liberal Left, who are always keen to tell everybody how to think and behave. It's quickly becoming apparent that they are all frauds, including the ones on Capital Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It hasn't been a very good month for the moralisers of the Liberal Left, who are always keen to tell everybody how to think and behave. It's quickly becoming apparent that they are all frauds, including the ones on Capital Hill.

They are all frauds? All?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They are all frauds? All?
    The system is bent and they are all in it for themselves. To cap it all, they've got dirt on most of them to ensure compliance. What a mess this democracy business is turning out to be.

The system is bent and they are all in it for themselves. To cap it all, they've got dirt on most of them to ensure compliance. What a mess this democracy business is turning out to be.
    I thought you professed to be a left-leaning liberal? As far as democracy is concerned it has its flaws but in most democratic countries it does allow folks to use social media to post all sorts of twaddle on speed dial 24/7 if that is what floats their boats. The alternatives might not be so tolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I thought you professed to be a left-leaning liberal? As far as democracy is concerned it has its flaws but in most democratic countries it does allow folks to use social media to post all sorts of twaddle on speed dial 24/7 if that is what floats their boats. The alternatives might not be so tolerant.
    Yes, but I'm not in a position of power getting paid for pretending to be a liberal leftie

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I thought you professed to be a left-leaning liberal?
    That was last week. Keep up!

Matt Lauer Accused of Sexual Harassment by Multiple Women

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/mat...en-1202625959/

A troubling portrait has emerged of Lauer. In front of the camera, for more than two decades, Lauer had positioned himself as America’s squeaky-clean dad. But behind the scenes, Lauer was a different person.

Re: Matt Lauer Accused of Sexual Harassment by Multiple Women

His office was in a secluded space, and he had a button under his desk that allowed him to lock his door from the inside without getting up. This afforded him the assurance of privacy. It allowed him to welcome female employees and initiate inappropriate contact while knowing nobody could walk in on him, according to two women who were sexually harassed by Lauer.
    How did he get away with this? He was on a $25 million a year salary too.

I’ve got to say Wales Bales I think your posts are getting a bit pathetic in regards to highlighting the political leanings of these individuals.

This Lauer bloke, Weinstein etc etc are deeply flawed characters who deserve all the punishment they get but you seem to think that people of a Centre left\Centre persuaison which I would include myself as are going to feel that we’ve lost one of our team.

**** them and I hope they reap the consequences of their actions but your gloating because you see them as the liberal elite (which you bizarrely claim you are of the liberal left yet all your posts have the hallmark of the alt right start up kit) is cheap political point scoring and completely devoid of any empathy for the victims.

Still, if it make you happy keep cutting and pasting your Fox News links as if you’ve found the Holy Grail.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I’ve got to say Wales Bales I think your posts are getting a bit pathetic in regards to highlighting the political leanings of these individuals.

This Lauer bloke, Weinstein etc etc are deeply flawed characters who deserve all the punishment they get but you seem to think that people of a Centre left\Centre persuaison which I would include myself as are going to feel that we’ve lost one of our team.

**** them and I hope they reap the consequences of their actions but your gloating because you see them as the liberal elite (which you bizarrely claim you are of the liberal left yet all your posts have the hallmark of the alt right start up kit) is cheap political point scoring and completely devoid of any empathy for the victims.

Still, if it make you happy keep cutting and pasting your Fox News links as if you’ve found the Holy Grail.
    I highlight their political leanings because they are hypocrits. They tell us what to think and how to act, and then they do the exact opposite. I see parallels with the church. They told us how to live our lives, and then proceeded to abuse our children.

I've also noticed that when Republicans are accused (Moore) they are guilty until proved innocent, yet the accused Democrats in congress are innocent until proven guilty! Unfortunately these events have been highly politicised, so there is no valid reason to ignore that fact. And don't worry, the Republican are not going to escape this scandal either, their secrets will also be exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post

Well said. I've never heard of this guy, I don't know if you can even get NBC here, and apparently it's not a good month for me?

These people are scum, as is Bill O'Reilly, the FOX news anchor with a string of harrassment settlements behind him that Wales-Bales, funnily enough, hasn't brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Well said. I've never heard of this guy, I don't know if you can even get NBC here, and apparently it's not a good month for me?
    America is the cradle of modern liberal thinking, it is the country that has done the most to shape your current worldview.

America is the cradle of modern liberal thinking, it is the country that has done the most to shape your current worldview.
    You had an opportunity to condemn Bill O'Reilly's behaviour and you edited it out of the post. Proves my point.

You had an opportunity to condemn Bill O'Reilly's behaviour and you edited it out of the post. Proves my point.
    It's a separate topic and I'm looking into it, maybe you can post what you know?

I think this might be the most implicitly arrogant thing I have read on this forum in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I think this might be the most implicitly arrogant thing I have read on this forum in a long time.
    It depends how liberally minded you are, some people are in the whole 9 yards

A very fair point from James O'Brien on this subject:

"Remarkable to reflect that if Trump was still a mere TV star he would now have been fired over the myriad sexual assault allegations against him."

A very fair point from James O'Brien on this subject:

"Remarkable to reflect that if Trump was still a mere TV star he would now have been fired over the myriad sexual assault allegations against him."
    Nice to see another fair and balanced view from you lardy, you are a typical liberal accusing others of what you are doing

^^
    WB, What is far-fetched about the quote?! and what is unbalanced about lardy posting it?
    We get one after another examples of identical 'examples' from you that suit your agenda.
    Cuts all ways. Who is being 'unbalanced'?
    Not sure that it is lardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    ^^
    WB, What is far-fetched about the quote?! and what is unbalanced about lardy posting it?
    We get one after another examples of identical 'examples' from you that suit your agenda.
    Cuts all ways. Who is being 'unbalanced'?
    Not sure that it is lardy.
    I don't have an agenda, all of these people now being exposed have admitted their wrongdoing.

I don't have an agenda, all of these people now being exposed have admitted their wrongdoing.
    Have they?
    Do you think Donald would be 'admitting his wrongdoing' if he was still just a business mogul and the host of The Apprentice?

Are all these women liars?
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ions-full-list

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Have they?
    Do you think Donald would be 'admitting his wrongdoing' if he was still just a business mogul and the host of The Apprentice?

Are all these women liars?
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ions-full-list
    Didn't this all come up during the election campaign? I thought nothing stuck and we haven't heard from them since? The same lawyer has since moved onto Roy Moore during his election campaign.