Thread: Hardest working skilful player

Hardest working skilful player

Not just the City but all around.

Hristo Stoichkov other

Eddie Newton City

Re: Hardest working skilful player

Actually maybe Leggy

From this current team I’d go Mendez-Laing or Ralls.
    Over the last few years I’d go Ross McCormack in his first season here.

Good stuff. Wingers n midfielders stand out. Danny Gabbindon first time round could do it all though. Didn't look like it cause he didn't have to break sweat but he deserves a mention

I seen Steve Lynex cream a ball straight into someone's face whilst attempting a pass and pick it up when it dropped eventually back to earth. The pre cursor to the tabona that

This hasn't got much to do with the thread cause he wasn't hard working but Jason Fowler rounded the Torquay goalkeeper and was quoted in The Echo later as saying he spoke with his dad and they both agreed that nobody rounds the keeper any more so I thought I would have a go. Que that goal. I'm sure that's the year the police dog bit Jimmy Mchnicolls leg but I likely wrong. City

Cristiano Ronaldo

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Cristiano Ronaldo
    This

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Quite a few of these world class ones.
    Have to say Messi is pretty hard working, Iniesta is especially.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Quite a few of these world class ones.
    Have to say Messi is pretty hard working, Iniesta is especially.
    They're both so naturally gifted it doesn't seem to look like they try that hard if that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    They're both so naturally gifted it doesn't seem to look like they try that hard if that makes sense
    Ronaldo spends hours alone on the training field and got where he is through pure determination and lots of hard work. He looks after himself and is the consummate professional. It's amazing how he has even adapted his game to remain one of the best players in the world. He may be a bit of a winker, but he deserves total respect for what he has achieved, and the way he has achieved it.

What's more, he saw Messi achieving all the awards in a brilliant Barcelona team, but he never gave up, it just made him even more determined to become a better player and he got his just rewards IMO.

I staying away from Ronaldo yes he is absolutely blower and yea he has worked hard as anything to not only stay relevant but thrive. I was thinking more of Ruud Gullit and thumping headers. Skill that is.or the hardest working skilfull player of all time... Why aye it's gotta be Gazza

Ozil

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I staying away from Ronaldo yes he is absolutely blower and yea he has worked hard as anything to not only stay relevant but thrive. I was thinking more of Ruud Gullit and thumping headers. Skill that is.or the hardest working skilfull player of all time... Why aye it's gotta be Gazza
    Have a look at Ronaldos thumping header against us in the euros. He jumped about 80 feet off the ground too...

Danielle de Rosdi. Tarqui for the City.

Actually maybe Leggy
    Leggy for me too mate purely from a City point of view

Cristiano Ronaldo
    End of thread

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    End of thread
    Still at the top level. Still looks like he's got a few seasons in him. Unbelievable.

Bale?

Not skillful as Ronaldo but I would argue he works harder, especially based on his Wales performances. He does a lot more defending and tracking back. Was listening to the pundits commentating on a Madrid game a while back saying how Ronaldo and Messi have never really done that on a regular basis and suggested it could be something that contributes to Bale's terrible injury record of late.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Have a look at Ronaldos thumping header against us in the euros. He jumped about 80 feet off the ground too...
    He can do it all. His lat year at Man Utd they used to cross to the far post a lot and he would get the jump on the full back adding heading to his game you are right he can out jump Center Halfs now. He is something else, You used to be good if you scored a goal every other game but him n Messi are next level.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Bale?

Not skillful as Ronaldo but I would argue he works harder, especially based on his Wales performances. He does a lot more defending and tracking back. Was listening to the pundits commentating on a Madrid game a while back saying how Ronaldo and Messi have never really done that on a regular basis and suggested it could be something that contributes to Bale's terrible injury record of late.
    Have you ever watched him play for Madrid? he in incredibly lazy, will only break into a run if he has the ball on his feet

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Have you ever watched him play for Madrid? he in incredibly lazy, will only break into a run if he has the ball on his feet
    He is in the team to inflict maximum damage in front of the opponent's goal. His age is advancing, so it makes sense to conserve energy that is required for that task. Ronaldo is just being smart. If you look at his earlier videos he was all over the place.

He is in the team to inflict maximum damage in front of the opponent's goal. His age is advancing, so it makes sense to conserve energy that is required for that task. Ronaldo is just being smart. If you look at his earlier videos he was all over the place.
    His last year at Tottenham it seemed he was single handedly smashing teams. Running all over the shop. Guess it's hard to keep that up.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Bale?

I've never understood this comment, if I was Messi's manager and he was tracking back to full back positions I would be going nuts shit I used to go nuts all the time because bothroyd always wanted to be a winger

His last year at Tottenham it seemed he was single handedly smashing teams. Running all over the shop. Guess it's hard to keep that up.
    Pushing your body to the max every week can't be good for you in the long run I would like to see his average speed and distance he covered over the last 3 years at spurs