+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunnar leaving in the summer

Gunnar leaving in the summer

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...rsson-13974765

Sorry to see him go but not a lot more can be done by the sound of it.

Blue in the Face

Re: Gunnar leaving in the summer

Totally understandable and obvious this was the situation for a while. He'll be able to get a much better contract in the summer being in the World Cup with Icelancd. Much than what we can offer in the championship (with diminishing parachute payments).

He's the type of guy to give it everything and try and get us back to the PL. So he may stay with us yet...

A shame, but you can't begrudge this player anything. Been terrific for City and his country, so if there is the chance of a mega contract before the end of his career, he deserves it.

I doubt whether City could match what would be on offer from abroad and playing for us in the Premier League wouldn't be much fun in any event.

Fair play to him his next contract will probably be his last big one and his stock could be high after the World Cup.

Hope a way is found to happily stay. Really do.

Sell him in January to try and get some money in.

A great servant to the club. Good luck in whatever comes next.

Should have pursued Ledley a bit hrder maybe in the summer.

I only want players who want to stay anyway, good luck to the lad probably on a bloody good wage and been tapped.

If we get promoted we will need better quality in the Prem anyway. Gunnar was out of his depth, along with the rest of the squad, the last time we were there.

Will be gutted that he goes as I can’t see him staying regardless of us getting promoted (don’t think our wages will match what can be offered elsewhere)

Good player and keeps us ticking. I do trust him to keep giving us 100% though regardless if any club tries to unsettle him. Hopefully He’ll pay back what we lose in transfer fee by getting us promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If we get promoted we will need better quality in the Prem anyway. Gunnar was out of his depth, along with the rest of the squad, the last time we were there.
    Disagree. Think he’s matured as a player and upped his game.

He’s the sort of committed leader that’s hard to come by these days.

I think having a good manager means he can play at his potential he was good under Malky and player of the year under Warnock.

Would be a decent squad player at least or could start depending who we'd sign to play with him.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Disagree. Think he’s matured as a player and upped his game.

He’s the sort of committed leader that’s hard to come by these days.
    He cant pass and thats a big negative in the Premiership.

Then you adapt your system to suit. His passing hasn’t hindered us this far as that’s what Ralls is for.

His positives outweigh his negatives.

We should be looking to sell him in January. Hes a good championship player but replacable.

Cheerio - a player that can't pass the ball 5 yards, will miss his long throw, that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Then you adapt your system to suit. His passing hasn’t hindered us this far as that’s what Ralls is for.

His positives outweigh his negatives.
    Well not for me as a Premier League player they dont.

His passing isnt hindering us because we play in the championship, not the premiership, where if you surrender posession easily you will get punished far more than you do in the Championship. Ralls isnt a good enough passer for the Premiership either. I wouldnt expect to see either of those players in a Premier League team.

If this team goes up it will need serious surgery.

Agree

If this team goes up it will need serious surgery.
    Sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Sell him in January to try and get some money in.
    Like a kick in the bollocks for him that.

Don't think he would be better with different players around him?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Don't think he would be better with different players around him?
    Yeah probably, he’s doing well with Iceland. Even Renato Sanches looked world class alongside other world class players. Look at him now.

I just don’t think he will be a major loss if we were to get in the Prem, compared to if we were in the Championship, where I think his combative style is more suited.

We’ve coped well enough without him when he’s been injured lately.

Yeah probably, he’s doing well with Iceland. Even Renato Sanches looked world class alongside other world class players. Look at him now.

I just don’t think he will be a major loss if we were to get in the Prem, compared to if we were in the Championship, where I think his combative style is more suited.

We’ve coped well enough without him when he’s been injured lately.
    Good point about our performances without him, but he is a big player in this league I agree. I remember fans a few years ago couldn't wait to get rid of him, fickle old lot aren't we and not just by attending games then not...
    Good luck to him if he goes. All the calls to sell him are a bit silly though.

I seen that sanches pass thought he would piss the PL too.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Like a kick in the bollocks for him that.
    Can’t see that happening the way Warnock was talking. Even if we wanted to try and cash in for a few quid, financially for him personally it doesn’t make sense for him to move in January. He waits until the summer he’s in the best position to maximise his earnings.

The risk he takes is if he gets injured before or during the World Cup. Let’s hope he doesn’t down tools between Jan and end of season to save himself for the World Cup and his new move.

He doesn’t strike me as that kind of player or person. He’s all or nothing.