+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gunnar leaving in the summer

Re: Gunnar leaving in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Like a kick in the bollocks for him that.
    Well he sees his future elsewhere, so get rid.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Good point about our performances without him, but he is a big player in this league I agree. I remember fans a few years ago couldn't wait to get rid of him, fickle old lot aren't we and not just by attending games then not...
    Good luck to him if he goes. All the calls to sell him are a bit silly though.

I seen that sanches pass thought he would piss the PL too.
    As football fans it’s our god given right to be hypocritical

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Well he sees his future elsewhere, so get rid.
    How 'get rid'?

He's got a contract until the summer, so if he doesn't want to move he won't go anywhere.

If what Warnock said today is right, Gunnar wants to stay for the season and get a promotion on his CV. If that happens he may want to stay a good while longer. I expect the club would want that too.

It's the Championship he wants to leave behind, not necessarily Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Can’t see that happening the way Warnock was talking. Even if we wanted to try and cash in for a few quid, financially for him personally it doesn’t make sense for him to move in January. He waits until the summer he’s in the best position to maximise his earnings.

The risk he takes is if he gets injured before or during the World Cup. Let’s hope he doesn’t down tools between Jan and end of season to save himself for the World Cup and his new move.

He doesn’t strike me as that kind of player or person. He’s all or nothing.
    Agree mate. Makes sense whatever way you look at it for him to stay, if he takes us up and has a good WC he can get a decent contract abroad. If he were to stay in England I'd like him to have a crack at the PL with us, although (just my opinion) after last time he might prefer a safer option and move to a club "safe" in the top division be it France Spain Germany etc..

Was commenting on others saying he should leave.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    As football fans it’s our god given right to be hypocritical
    What we pay for isn't it. Wanna hear my local on the weekend

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I only want players who want to stay anyway, good luck to the lad probably on a bloody good wage and been tapped.
    I think this is a bit harsh. he's been a great servant for us and you know you'll get 100% and them some right up to the end of his contract whenever that may be.

His stock is high and he wants to play at a higher level - I'm glad we have players who have ambition and want to step outside of their comfort zone. If we can't match that expectation then we cannot stand in his way.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    I think this is a bit harsh. he's been a great servant for us and you know you'll get 100% and them some right up to the end of his contract whenever that may be.

His stock is high and he wants to play at a higher level - I'm glad we have players who have ambition and want to step outside of their comfort zone. If we can't match that expectation then we cannot stand in his way.
    Warnock wouldn't have him here if he didn't want to be here. The sensible among us know that ;)