+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would Cardiff have more support from the City itself if the stadium

Re: Would Cardiff have more support from the City itself if the stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny London View Post
    I think any club would benefit from a City Centre location and would increase gates
    Sorry but thats nonsense. Forgetting the history of our current location, the city centre means very little and expensive car or coach parking, grid locked road accesses on match days, direct competition with other events. It would also be much more difficult to police. The City centre is also located only just over one mile from the ground anyway, so we are hardly 'out in the sticks'. If we carry on as we are the ground will be full by the end of the season and sold out every week in the Premier League.

I'd be willing to bet we have more fans in the west of Cardiff than the north and south

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    However, it would be interesting to see a breakdown of season ticket holders by post code.
    That's a wise comment.

It would also be interesting to know the birthplace of the folk living around Cardiff. With the expansion of the city, how many local residents are Cardiffians or even Welsh?

If there isn't a connection with City by birth/recent residency, then it's not surprising local people are not supporting the Bluebirds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    That's a wise comment.

It would also be interesting to know the birthplace of the folk living around Cardiff. With the expansion of the city, how many local residents are Cardiffians or even Welsh?

If there isn't a connection with City by birth/recent residency, then it's not surprising local people are not supporting the Bluebirds.
    There were figures put out a couple of years ago based on post codes. Cant remember the figures now but i am sure somebody will, although i seem to recall a significant number of supporters do come from outside Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    For what it's worth I sit next to a lad who travels from West Wales every game. Not sure what that tells us.
    That an individual is fully committed to supporting his club?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    There were figures put out a couple of years ago based on post codes. Cant remember the figures now but i am sure somebody will, although i seem to recall a significant number of supporters do come from outside Cardiff.
    I remember a few years ago reading that 55% of the season ticket holders lived outside of Cardiff itself.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'd be willing to bet we have more fans in the west of Cardiff than the north and south
    As the stadium is based in the west then logically there should be more.

The point is if the club was based in the south or north would there be more supporters?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    As the stadium is based in the west then logically there should be more.

The point is if the club was based in the south or north would there be more supporters?
    I can't see the people of Llandaf North, Whitchurh, Lisvane et al coming out in droves to support Cardiff

Keep it where it is. Ideal for us Barry folk.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Keep it where it is. Ideal for us Barry folk.
    Keep Barry where it is. Ideal for everyone else!

Keep Barry where it is. Ideal for everyone else!

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    The following we get from Bridgend alone is incredible
    Whenever I'm in Bridgend, I only ever see jack shirts or thugby shirts.

We averaged over 20,000 in our first six seasons in this stadium. I don't think demographics have changed since we moved in so there are probably more relevant other factors.

On a serious note, I think we have less younger fans nowadays. As we all get older, we have other commitments and its easier to miss games to do other things. We need the younger fans to replace the ones that no longer go as regularly, if at all.

I think the club should be giving out free tickets to local schools every game so hopefully some of them keep coming back. I read somewhere that Stoke used to give out 1000's of free tickets and shirts to children and their attendances increased as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    We averaged over 20,000 in our first six seasons in this stadium. I don't think demographics have changed since we moved in so there are probably more relevant other factors.
    Relegation, Russell Slade and the end of the season ticket deal..........??????

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    On a serious note, I think we have less younger fans nowadays. As we all get older, we have other commitments and its easier to miss games to do other things. We need the younger fans to replace the ones that no longer go as regularly, if at all.

I think the club should be giving out free tickets to local schools every game so hopefully some of them keep coming back. I read somewhere that Stoke used to give out 1000's of free tickets and shirts to children and their attendances increased as a result.
    I can imagine that some fully paid up season ticket holders might have an issue with that, but I see it as a solid longer term strategy to replace the missing youngsters. Years to come, they will be the season ticket holders themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    if cardiff had the infrastructure roath park would be ideal
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Where would the ducks go?
    And where would Heath Blue go on his romantic walks with Mrs HB?

I can imagine that some fully paid up season ticket holders might have an issue with that, but I see it as a solid longer term strategy to replace the missing youngsters. Years to come, they will be the season ticket holders themselves.
    Im a fully paid up season ticket holder, and I don't have a problem.
    The ones who moan would probably be the ones who moan about our attendances now.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Im a fully paid up season ticket holder, and I don't have a problem.
    The ones who moan would probably be the ones who moan about our attendances now.
    They are probably the ones who moan about everything. They exist in all walks of life .......

I'm in favour of a move. Anything to eliminate the shortcut pandemic.