+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 1 NORWICH CITY. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 1 NORWICH CITY. Match thread

Bluebirds favourite to win at home. But take nothing for granted

C:WindowsTempphp29CA.tmpCardiff face Norwich at CCS tonight in a match moved to avoid clashing with the Wales v South Africa rugby international in Cardiff on Saturday. The game is not being televised on Sky.

Two weeks ago City played at the same time as Wales and suffered from a low crowd at CCS. I'm not sure making it a Friday night will make a significant difference but Neil Warnock and the club deserve to be better supported at the moment as they sit in 2nd place in the table having won the last three games.

Cardiff are unbeaten at home this season while Norwich are in the bottom half of the table with no win in the last six games.

City are waiting on Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and Aron Gunnarsson ahead of Friday's visit of Norwich.

The pair missed last weekend's 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest but Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock hopes they will be fit enough to return to the squad. Striker Kenneth Zohore (heel) misses out again with Cardiff seeking a fourth consecutive victory that would take them to within a point of Sky Bet Championship leaders Wolves.

Jazz Richards, Kadeem Harris and Lee Camp also remain sidelined, but Omar Bogle is available after completing a three-match ban.

Norwich defender Timm Klose (hip) and midfielder Tom Trybull (back) should both travel to Wales, along with forward Cameron Jerome (foot). Midfielder Alex Pritchard made his return from pre-season ankle surgery with a substitute appearance in last weekend's 1-1 draw with Barnsley and is set to be in the squad again despite a minor neck problem,

Defender James Husband (groin) remains sidelined, along with midfielder Alex Tettey (calf) and forward Marley Watkins (groin). Forward Steven Naismith (ankle) also continues his recovery as do defender Jamal Lewis (knee), midfielder Louis Thompson (Achilles), winger Matt Jarvis (ankle) and goalkeeper Remi Matthews (ankle).

Opta Stats

Cardiff have lost their last four league matches against Norwich, conceding 11 goals in those matches.

The Canaries have never won three consecutive away league matches at Cardiff in their entire league history.

Neil Warnock has lost 12 league matches against Norwich as a manager - he has only lost more against Watford (14) and Reading (16).

Cameron Jerome has been involved in six goals in his last six league matches against former club Cardiff (five goals, one assist), finding the net exactly once in each of his last four games.

Cardiff are yet to lose at home in the league this season (P9 W6 D3 L0) - they have won promotion in each of the last three seasons they've gone unbeaten in their first nine home league games (1992/93, 2000/01 and 2012/13).

Josh Murphy has scored more goals in all competitions than any other Norwich player this season (7) - he has scored in three of his last five matches against Cardiff in all competitions (three goals).

Match Officials

Referee: ANDY DAVIES
    Assistants: Daniel Leach and Robert Merchant
    Fourth Official: Stephen Martin

Re: CARDIFF CITY v NORWICH CITY. Match thread

Jinxy Jerome.

I hope his feet don't get better. He's got a habit of scoring against us.

Cameron Jerome is nursing pain in his feet, but will be part of the squad. “He had an injection and couldn’t train until yesterday and he still feels some pain,” said Daniel Farke. “He’s not available for the starting line-up, but I want him there at Cardiff if we need him for the last 15 or 20 minutes to make an impact.”

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Jinxy Jerome.

Cameron Jerome is nursing pain in his feet, but will be part of the squad. “He had an injection and couldn’t train until yesterday and he still feels some pain,” said Daniel Farke. “He’s not available for the starting line-up, but I want him there at Cardiff if we need him for the last 15 or 20 minutes to make an impact.”

Lets just hope that Sol doesn't accidentally stand on his foot if he plays.

Cum City!!

Mendez-Laing starts

Paterson and Bogle on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Jinxy Jerome.

If he comes on,someone step on his foot as soon as ,see good old fashioned tactics.

It’s Fergal here!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Cum City!!
    Been there, done that ..

C'moooon u Bluebirds!!

Weeds one up against Villa...

One of the worst first halves I've seen from us.

All Norwich, lucky we are defending well so far.

Scratch the defending part

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    One of the worst first halves I've seen from us.

All Norwich, lucky we are defending well so far.

That's the second scrappy clearance from Morrison in a couple of minutes and they go and score from it. How did we not keep that out?

We're being out-hussled at the moment.

Can’t even do the basics right. What a shite display...very poor.

Plug in the Warnock hairdryer!

Get Tomlin and Fungus the Bogle Man on

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We're being out-hussled at the moment.
    Quick question about IFollow NYCBlue. Is there any way to get commentary with the game? I'm watching but only getting a really faint commentary, that sounds like it's not really supposed to be there... Watched the last two games with no commentary too, so just presumed that was normal, but today there is a bit. Weird.

Boos at half time. I know we’re not playing well but ffs! I’ve seen it all now.

Blue in the Face

Norwich good for their lead. They are playing with more purpose. They should have had a second before the break but criminally wasted a two on one.

Our low possession stats this have been a point to prove the purists wrong this season, but tonight our passing has just been dire and it's nothing to be proud of. This is the kind of team talk that Neil thrives on now.

Ugh. Not good.

Started ok but absolutely crumbled. Tomlin on asap please

Very poor 45 minutes from City. Norwich out-Cardiff-ing us so far. Can't get any control in midfield, can't get the ball to M-L, so we are playing with 10 men effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    Quick question about IFollow NYCBlue. Is there any way to get commentary with the game? I'm watching but only getting a really faint commentary, that sounds like it's not really supposed to be there... Watched the last two games with no commentary too, so just presumed that was normal, but today there is a bit. Weird.
    Yes, there is an echo of the Cardiff commentary, but, normally none to be had. In the past, I have tried to open a second link just for audio, but can't get that to sync.