+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 1 NORWICH CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 1 NORWICH CITY. Match thread

Norwich manager fails to blame gamesmanship or time wasting for loss tonight - put it down to bad pelanty decision instead!

Shock! Horror!

Time to work on time wasting and gamesmanship on the training ground or our reputation as thuggish parks players will suffer.

A full afternoon on slow walking for a substitution I think.....

Absolutely great comeback. Cannot see many teams beating us. Promotion definitely on.

Just back indoors. Thought Norwich were pretty slick going forward and hard to believe they are not in top half of the league. Deserved the half time lead and their right sided winger was giving Bruno a torrid time second half. That said City were good value 2nd half, no doubt the subs were needed and worked. Bogle took his chance well, Patterson deserves some credit for getting it in quick low and hard. Once again ground out a result. Well done, great team effort. Bamba MoM for me.
    Spedger

We started well, then started playing stupid passes, getting caught in possession and caught out of position. Bryson was poor, Morrison, bamba and Ralls excellent.
    Etheridge made some good saves, but I’d have him in training working on nothing but his kicking until he gets it right.
    Ward was getting bullied by their two big CB’s.
    Game needed Tomlin and he was different class. Why doesn’t he start???
    Second half was clearly better but still not convincing. 3-1 and we didn’t play well.

Tomlin’s booking was harsh - he deserved one for his dive for the 2nd penalty mind.
    Thought he was a gone when the ref blew, blatant dive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Tomlin’s booking was harsh - he deserved one for his dive for the 2nd penalty mind.
    Thought he was a gone when the ref blew, blatant dive.
    I was right in front of it in the Canton, looked a clear foul from where I was, looked like the keeper clipped his ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I was right in front of it in the Canton, looked a clear foul from where I was, looked like the keeper clipped his ankle.
    From the grandstand edge of the box it looked a clear pen and the keeper should’ve been off imho

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    As was I, everyone around me thought it was a dive.

The Norwich manager can blame a dodgy penalty as much as he likes but if it wasn't a penalty it was a goal anyway cos Bamba headed the corner into the net and was fuming that a penalty had been given.
    Morrison and Bamba kept us in the game in the first half.

From Norwich manager interview

"Then they get a second penalty against us, where their striker comes to me after the game and says to me and says 'I slipped, sorry, but he didn't touch me'."
    Just as well we didn't score it then.

great game, Friday night games are good for me, i can get up and bring the family as its the only night the girls do not do anything

bit of a long trip home, broken up with a Burger king and a Costa I spoils them i does