+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Flynn Guilty

Re: Michael Flynn Guilty

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I can't answer for Michael Flynn, but I am sure we will find out one day. He is a former head of military intelligence, so I'm sure he would have known a lot about what was going on behind the scenes, which incidentally is starting to look pretty bad
    Unless he was doing it in his sleep, I'd imagine he does know a little.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You really should come down off that fence you know .
    I'm taking a factual position here Bob, just see for yourself the stuff that is starting to come out. If this is happening in America it could happen anywhere. The whole democratic process is under threat. Like I said nearly a year ago, this is way bigger than Watergate, and we haven't even got to the spying in congress yet.

House Report Concluded Pakistanis Made ‘Unauthorized Access’ To Congressional Servers

House investigators concluded that Democratic IT aides made unauthorized access to congressional servers in 2016, allegedly accessing the data of members for whom they did not work, logging in as members of Congress themselves, and covering their tracks, according to a presentation summarizing the findings of a four-month internal probe.

Their behavior mirrored a “classic method for insiders to exfiltrate data from an organization,” and they continued even after orders to stop, the briefing materials allege. There are indications that numerous members’ data may have been secretly residing not on their designated servers, but instead aggregated onto one server, according to the briefing and other sources. Authorities said that the entire server was then physically stolen.

When acting on the findings, Democratic leadership appear to have misrepresented the issue to their own members as solely a matter of theft, a comparison of the investigators’ findings with Democrats’ recollections and a committee’s public statement shows, leading 44 Democrats to not conduct protective measures typically taken after a breach — including informing constituents whose personal information may have been exposed.

The presentation, written by the House’s Office of the Inspector General, reported under the bold heading “UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS” that “5 shared employee system administrators have collectively logged into 15 member offices and the Democratic Caucus although they were not employed by the offices they accessed.”

It found indications that a House “server is being used for nefarious purposes and elevated the risk that individuals could be reading and/or removing information” and “could be used to store documents taken from other offices.” The server was that of the House Democratic Caucus, a sister group of the DNC that was run at the time by then-Rep. Xavier Becerra.
    [Cont ...]

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/16/ho...ional-servers/

Just rewards for lying to the president and his team

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42192080
    Always knew you were right on this one. Well done you!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Always knew you were right on this one. Well done you!
    Bumpety Bump

Bumpety Bump
    Well you are forever going on about how you called things right two years ahead of time without much evidence so I thought you might be pleased when you got an actual example.

I'd make some enquiries into who hacked your account in the intervening period to constantly and incorrectly argue the complete opposite though. My money is on some IT guy from Pakistan!

Well you are forever going on about how you called things right two years ahead of time without much evidence so I thought you might be pleased when you got an actual example.

I'd make some enquiries into who hacked your account in the intervening period to constantly and incorrectly argue the complete opposite though. My money is on some IT guy from Pakistan!
    To be fair to Flynn, this entire case probably needs a judicial review after the Mueller team were caught manufacturing evidence, and fraudulently altering existing evidence.

To be fair to Flynn, this entire case probably needs a judicial review after the Mueller team were caught manufacturing evidence, and fraudulently altering existing evidence.
    Haven't got any links to any factual evidence to support either of those statements do you?

Here's an extract from the 92 page legal judgement as a starter for 10.

The Court first considers Mr. Flynn’s requests and the
    parties’ arguments, then analyzes Mr. Flynn’s request for
    classified information, and concludes that Mr. Flynn has failed
    to establish a single Brady violation. Before turning to the
    specific requests, the Court will address the ethical concerns
    with Mr. Flynn’s brief and Mr. Flynn’s misapplication of Brady
    and its progeny.

I said from the beginning that I thought Flynn was set up, but when he admitted guilt in court it's hard to go against that. However, I did highlight the controversial interview technique used by the FBI, and I also pointed out that they were using his son as leverage against him, so he may have had an incentive to admit guilt. Let's see where it all ends up, the large lady hasn't showed up to sing yet!

I said from the beginning that I thought Flynn was set up, but when he admitted guilt it's court it's hard to go against that. However, I did highlight the controversial interview technique used by the FBI, and I also pointed out that they were using his son as leverage against him, so he may have had an incentive to admit guilt. Let's see where it all ends up, the large lady hasn't turned up to sing yet!
    You said from the beginning of this thread that Flynn got his just rewards for lying to Trump and Trump was right to let him go. As far as the fat lady is concerned you seem to be the kind of opera lover who could walk out of Wagner's Ring cycle being played one after the other and still feel shortchanged after the encores.

Here's an extract from the 92 page legal judgement as a starter for 10.

The Court first considers Mr. Flynn’s requests and the
    parties’ arguments, then analyzes Mr. Flynn’s request for
    classified information, and concludes that Mr. Flynn has failed
    to establish a single Brady violation. Before turning to the
    specific requests, the Court will address the ethical concerns
    with Mr. Flynn’s brief and Mr. Flynn’s misapplication of Brady
    and its progeny.
    Could you explain what this means?

I'd have thought the fact that the same people doctored the evidence against Page would be a big red flag, but maybe I'm just old fashioned.

You said from the beginning of this thread that Flynn got his just rewards for lying to Trump and Trump was right to let him go. As far as the fat lady is concerned you seem to be the kind of opera lover who could walk out of Wagner's Ring cycle being played one after the other and still feel shortchanged after the encores.
    Like I said Flynn admitted it in court, what else do you want me to do? It doesn't mean that I believed he purposely lied to the FBI, but I'm not going to argue with the fella about whether he did or didn't on a football message board

Subsequent developments since this post was made should make it quite obvious that Flynn is now saying that he didn't purposely lie to the FBI.

Could you explain what this means?

I'd have thought the fact that the same people doctored the evidence against Page would be a big red flag, but maybe I'm just old fashioned.
    Certainly,

Flynn and his new brief sought to argue that under the Brady obligations they were not provided with evidence as required that would exonerate him. The court classified the itemised things that Flynn's lawyer wanted into 6 types:

1.Information that Does Not Exist
    2. Information the Government Does Not Possess
    3. Information Mr. Flynn Concedes He Is Not Entitled to
    4. Information that Has Already Been Provided
    5. Information that Is Unrelated to the Charges Against Mr. Flynn or to His Sentencing
    6. Remaining Requests

In each case the Judge found against Flynn and cast doubt on his lawyer's understanding of Brady and had some questions about her ethical behaviour.

It also concluded on your fabrication smears that "Having carefully reviewed the interviewing FBI agents’ notes, the draft interview reports, the final version of the FD302, and the statements contained therein, the Court agrees with the government that those documents are “consistent and clear that [Mr. Flynn] made multiple false statements to the [FBI] agents about his communications with the Russian Ambassador on January 24, 2017.

I'd go and find a different fence to fall off if I were you!

Certainly,

Flynn and his new brief sought to argue that under the Brady obligations they were not provided with evidence as required that would exonerate him. The court classified the itemised things that Flynn's lawyer wanted into 6 types:

1.Information that Does Not Exist
    2. Information the Government Does Not Possess
    3. Information Mr. Flynn Concedes He Is Not Entitled to
    4. Information that Has Already Been Provided
    5. Information that Is Unrelated to the Charges Against Mr. Flynn or to His Sentencing
    6. Remaining Requests

In each case the Judge found against Flynn and cast doubt on his lawyer's understanding of Brady and had some questions about her ethical behaviour.

It also concluded on your fabrication smears that "Having carefully reviewed the interviewing FBI agents’ notes, the draft interview reports, the final version of the FD302, and the statements contained therein, the Court agrees with the government that those documents are “consistent and clear that [Mr. Flynn] made multiple false statements to the [FBI] agents about his communications with the Russian Ambassador on January 24, 2017.

I'd go and find a different fence to fall off if I were you!
    So what you are explicitly saying is that there was no funny business going on?

Can I trust you after your total humiliation over the Steele Dossier, Trump Russia Collusion and the Mueller Obstruction of Justice Report, or should I wait until he's sent to jail?

So what you are explicitly saying is that there was no funny business going on?

Can I trust you after your total humiliation over the Steele Dossier, Trump Russia Collusion and the Mueller Obstruction of Justice Report, or should I wait until he's sent to jail?
    Well I have just read the 92 page legal judgement.....you know that law thing you love, that is conclusive that nothing impacted Flynn's guilt.

What factual evidence in the Flynn case can you post that brings this legal judgement into dispute?

Well I have just read the 92 page legal judgement.....you know that law thing you love, that is conclusive that nothing impacted Flynn's guilt.

What factual evidence in the Flynn case can you post that brings this legal judgement into dispute?
    Just going on what his legal counsel says, and confirmed malfeasance within the Mueller team, plus the fact that the Steele Dossier was a hoax. It does seem like they were out to get Trump!

Just going on what his legal counsel says, and confirmed malfeasance within the Mueller team.
    Then I hope you learn some lessons from reliance on such sources. Flynn's lawyer seem to have put him in danger of actual jail time when originally this was unlikely by using him to go on a fishing expedition for material outside his case but which play to the wider conspiracy agenda. Presumably because it cemented her standing in that community.

The Judge seems to have sussed this for what it was and has given her the kicking she deserved. He may set that aside when sentencing and I guess there is always the Pardoner in Chief if he gets in the queue with Papadopolous, Manafort, Gates, Cohen and Stone so he can do all the guilty President's men in one batch.

Then I hope you learn some lessons from reliance on such sources. Flynn's lawyer seem to have put him in danger of actual jail time when originally this was unlikely by using him to go on a fishing expedition for material outside his case but which play to the wider conspiracy agenda. Presumably because it cemented her standing in that community.

The Judge seems to have sussed this for what it was and has given her the kicking she deserved. He may set that aside when sentencing and I guess there is always the Pardoner in Chief if he gets in the queue with Papadopolous, Manafort, Gates, Cohen and Stone so he can do all the guilty President's men in one batch.
    A few legal types don't agree with some of that analysis. Firstly, it's based on Mueller's findings regarding the Crossfire Hurricane predicate, and they are also claiming that some of the ethics stuff has apparently been misstated. Plus someone on Mueller's team has been referred for criminal prosecution, so it's all quite a mess.

I must say, it's been fun watching gluey get his arse handed to him on a plate every day. Just like old times.

Hopefully the 12 days of Christmas will continue tomorrow.

A few legal types don't agree with some of that analysis. Firstly, it's based on Mueller's findings regarding the Crossfire Hurricane predicate, and they are claiming some of the ethics stuff has apparently been misstated. Plus some of Mueller's team have been referred for criminal prosecution, so it's all quite a mess.
    Which legal types beyond the chastened Sydney Powell? Do they include Judge Emmet Sullivan? Give the opinion a read as I know you only form your views from evidential sources.

Who are the "some" of Mueller's team that have been referred for criminal prosecution by the way and what does it have to do with Flynn's guilt?

I'd just give this one up and move your gaping mouth onto the next bit of conspiracy bait that looks like a fly!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I must say, it's been fun watching gluey get his arse handed to him on a plate every day. Just like old times.

When it comes to the lifespan of unfulfilled conspiracy theories on here I think 12 Years a Slave would be more appropriate for him but let's see what Santa brings!

Who are the "some" of Mueller's team that have been referred for criminal prosecution by the way and what does it have to do with Flynn's guilt?
    Mueller took over the Crossfire Hurricane investigation, including the same legal team who were fabricating the evidence and using the unverified Steele Dossier to go after Trump. All of these problems were carried over to the Mueller investigation, and that's what Barr & Durham are now looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Here's Mr Trump Russia Collusion himself. How's that hoax Steele Dossier of yours going buddy?

Mueller took over the Crossfire Hurricane investigation, including the same legal team who were fabricating the evidence and using the unverified Steele Dossier to go after Trump. All these problems were carried over to the Mueller investigation, and that's what Barr & Durham are now looking into.
    Can you explain the difference between looking at and have been referred for criminal prosecution in terms I could understand?

Here's Mr Trump Russia Collusion himself. How's that hoax Steele Dossier of yours going buddy?
    I did say a week ago that you were in danger of disappearing into an endless loop of your own cliches. Bit like the Cheshire Cat. Pretty soon all that will be visible will be your smile (y)