+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Should Zohore automatically get his place back?

Should Zohore automatically get his place back?

Just going to leave this with you all to discuss.

Kenneth Zohore

Minutes played: 1025
    Goals scored: 3
    Mins per goal: 342

Danny Ward

Minutes played: 585
    Goals scored: 4
    Mins per goal: 146

Omar Bogle

Minutes played: 214
    Goals scored: 3
    Mins per goal: 71

Re: Should Zohore automatically get his place back?

A happy dilemma, I'd say. All three of them play the lone role well. NW should be able to rotate and keep them fresh and hungry. It's working so far.

Play all three and drop the keeper and defenders . May work

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    A happy dilemma, I'd say. All three of them play the lone role well. NW should be able to rotate and keep them fresh and hungry. It's working so far.
    Yes, it's a great dilemma. They all offer something different.

I also think it's fair to assume that Zohore didn't really get going this season, so it'll be interesting to see how he copes once he comes back.

My opening post was misleading as well, looking at things from a purely goals scored perspective. There's more to it than that, but it's good that both Ward and Bogle have done so well when they maybe weren't expected to.

Bambi Bogle is still not fit to play a full 90 (he looked fooked after just 30 minutes), neither will Ken, so yes a rotating strike force is the best option...what a lovely problem to have for a change!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    Bambi Bogle is still not fit to play a full 90 (he looked fooked after just 30 minutes), neither will Ken, so yes a rotating strike force is the best option...what a lovely problem to have for a change!!
    It's nice to be able to suggest that players need to be included rather than need to be dropped!!

Bogle is looking the part for me, he’s got a real eye for goal with pace and physicality to boot.
    Not quite up to the standard Ken has set but it’s looking good.
    Also we have Healey to come back as well. Warnock has always spoken highly of him and suggests he can offer something different (Maybe our next Chopra type poacher?)
    We have options now, it’s a good headache to have.

International

And if Colin can work the same magic with Fred that he worked with Ken who knows wha t might happen?
    Would any manager want to see the 4 ofthem get off the coach and not know who he has to set up to stop?
    Ward. Bogle, Fred, Ken! It could be a nice Dilema

Yes, he's our best striker

Given the way Cardiff play, a target man is vital. Its not Ward who has done a sterling job. Bogle to start with Zohore to sub until it is clear that Zohore has his form back. He holds the ball up so well and brings other players in

Doubt if any opposing manager will be worrying unduly about seeing big Fred get off the coach to be honest. Nobody will know who the hell he is. The other three however are a different proposition.

International

They probable didn't know who Ken or Bogle were either until it was too late.

Of course not. And he won't either. I should imagine he's going to be pretty rusty

Yes, straight back in, fitness permitting. We were a much better articling force with him in the side. He deserved more than he got and made a lot of space for others. Our xg per 90 is much lower without him in the side

Yes, put him back in in place of Etheridge. Who needs a keeper when we have the best defence in the world?

Nobody deserves to automatically get their starting place back, especially when other players have been stepping up in his absence. Clearly one of the nicer problems to have but luckily Ken will need to be at his best to earn his place again.

Bogle has looked really good last couple of games, he would be my first choice at the moment. Ward is not a target man but a decent footballer maybe more of a number 10?

It will be interesting to see if Zohore recovers his form or he is one of those football players who have bundles of talent but to many head problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yes, straight back in, fitness permitting. We were a much better articling force with him in the side. He deserved more than he got and made a lot of space for others. Our xg per 90 is much lower without him in the side
    For the Mongols who frequent the board, what the flying fluck is xg?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    For the Mongols who frequent the board, what the flying fluck is xg?

Poor choice of wording

Both Ward and Bogle have stepped up to the plate in his absence, so I would expect Ken to start on the bench.

The added incentive now for Ken to start scoring goals is as a means to forcing his way into Denmark's WC squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Bogle has looked really good last couple of games, he would be my first choice at the moment. Ward is not a target man but a decent footballer maybe more of a number 10?

It will be interesting to see if Zohore recovers his form or he is one of those football players who have bundles of talent but to many head problems.
    I agree - Bogle is looking like the man in possession of that shirt at the moment. He's looked so much sharper in the last few games and a goal per game is a great streak to be on at present.

Zohore was doing a lot more than just posing a goal threat, not to mention the amount of marginal unlucky misses he endured during each of his full length games he played this season

I expect him to be reintroduced from the bench. Ward and Bogle have done well in his absence.