+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASHES 2ND TEST THREAD

Re: ASHES 2ND TEST THREAD

Bad choice not to make England follow on

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Bad choice not to make England follow on
    Hmmmm, know what you mean. People will be thinking this and I'm sure Smith has it going through his mind too. Although Australia were probably only 50 runs or so short of putting England out of the game. Had Smith done so and England had had a good day with the bat then there'd be pressure back on Aus to win it.

I think you have to credit England's bowlers in this case who have got them back in the game... now its down to the batsmen to follow suit.
    Still a tough ask for England, especially after recent performances, and they'd better push on early before the new ball is taken as there's still plenty in this pitch.

Huge final day tomorrow. Not a series decider but could have a huge mental bearing on how it pans out.

A century from Root and two fifties from either Woakes,Ali and Bairstow and they’re over the line,sounds easy but it won’t be

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Hmmmm, know what you mean. People will be thinking this and I'm sure Smith has it going through his mind too. Although Australia were probably only 50 runs or so short of putting England out of the game. Had Smith done so and England had had a good day with the bat then there'd be pressure back on Aus to win it.

I think you have to credit England's bowlers in this case who have got them back in the game... now its down to the batsmen to follow suit.
    Still a tough ask for England, especially after recent performances, and they'd better push on early before the new ball is taken as there's still plenty in this pitch.

Huge final day tomorrow. Not a series decider but could have a huge mental bearing on how it pans out.
    England will almost certainly lose tomorrow but Australia would have had this sewn up by now if they put England back in. They'd have skittled England again and would almost certainly have guaranteed a 5-0 win. Smith has let England back into it, regain some confidence and the knowledge they can compete. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

First Team

Strange decision not to enforce the follow on .
    However, all logic says that England will not chase this total down.
    If I were a betting man I might put a fiver on England but it would be more in hope than expectation.
    Still think that we are looking at a 5-0 series win for the Aussies.

Smith will not sleep well tonight. No batsman likes to go out to the bat for 80 odd minutes at the end of a day’s play. Shocking decision not to enforce the follow on.
    The first hour tomorrow is crucial. If Root and Woakes survive it really is game on.

Draw this one, then book flight tickets for Hales and Stokes asap.

All a bit of a damp squid really - Root didn't add to his overnight score as England lost their last six wickets for fifty seven runs and I reckon are on their way to a 5-0 defeat by one of the more ordinary Australian sides they've had to face over there.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    All a bit of a damp squid really - Root didn't add to his overnight score as England lost their last six wickets for fifty seven runs and I reckon are on their way to a 5-0 defeat by one of the more ordinary Australian sides they've had to face over there.
    Yes they gave away their wickets far to easily to a very ordinary attack as you say

Just glad I didn't bother to stay up all night to watch that pathetic effort.

No wonder they have been trying to sneak stokes back in under the radar, England have no 'match winners, someone who can turn a game from likely defeat into victory.

Happy the England fans had their day in the sun yesterday and agree with others, there doesn't look a lot to look forward to from the rest of the series.

Same old from the sorry middle order and tail end, as poor a side as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Just glad I didn't bother to stay up all night to watch that pathetic effort.

No wonder they have been trying to sneak stokes back in under the radar, England have no 'match winners, someone who can turn a game from likely defeat into victory.

Happy the England fans had their day in the sun yesterday and agree with others, there doesn't look a lot to look forward to from the rest of the series.

Same old from the sorry middle order and tail end, as poor a side as I can remember.
    A good summing up, it’s sad really as the Aussies are only marginally better