+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All our rivals to play twice before we play next now

All our rivals to play twice before we play next now

Sheff Utd could be level and Wolves 7 points clear of us.

Or....

I don't start by thinking of that scenario and anything else is a bonus.

Points in the bag makes it easier to cope with.

Same happens the week after, with our late ko versus Hull everyone else will play before us

Re: All our rivals to play twice before we play next now

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Or....

Same happens the week after, with our late ko versus Hull everyone else will play before us
    It's a cliche but we've just got to focus on our own results, rather than concern ourselves with week-by-week scenarios. If we continue on our current trajectory we're going up.

First Team

Or....

I'll admit to being a glass half empty City fan but under Warnock I just get the feeling that this team are happy doing their thing and not worrying about what clubs around us are doing.

Whilst the points gap is pleasant reading when looking at the tables it will undoubtedly fluctuate throughout the season but I see in this team a certain steel that gives me a fair amount of unusual optimism about how this season will pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It's a cliche but we've just got to focus on our own results, rather than concern ourselves with week-by-week scenarios. If we continue on our current trajectory we're going up.
    Yeah, I know, we've still got to get another 40-odd points, but having a bit of a cushion does give us the opportunity to relax a little

December is a very good month for us on paper. Although the Championship doesn't work out like that and you can lose to the bottom 3 and then beat the top 6, if we can take 14-15 points from 18 against Norwich (H), Reading (A), Hull (H), Bolton (A), Fulham (H), Preston (H) then I'm convinced we'd be looking at being 6-7 points clear come January 1st.

Villa have a tough December, Sheff United have a tough few games. They also play each other so a draw in that is ideal or one team will drop 3 points. Bristol City also go to Sheff United this month.

If we just do our own thing then the table will look good come New Year's Eve

Or....

Its points on the board that count. A week ago the other teams could have been saying the same thing i.e. Cardiff have two games now before we play again and we have the six points in the bag, so its them thats under pressure now, not us.
    Last edited by dml1954; 02-12-17 at 10:12. Reason: Spelling mistake

This. Just keep averaging two two points per game and you are going up. You are currently averaging over two points per game. That’s sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    December is a very good month for us on paper. Although the Championship doesn't work out like that and you can lose to the bottom 3 and then beat the top 6, if we can take 14-15 points from 18 against Norwich (H), Reading (A), Hull (H), Bolton (A), Fulham (H), Preston (H) then I'm convinced we'd be looking at being 6-7 points clear come January 1st.

Villa have a tough December, Sheff United have a tough few games. They also play each other so a draw in that is ideal or one team will drop 3 points. Bristol City also go to Sheff United this month.

If we just do our own thing then the table will look good come New Year's Eve
    We are now playing a lot better and with 14 points from our last 7 games finally hitting form. We will give you a good test

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We are now playing a lot better and with 14 points from our last 7 games finally hitting form. We will give you a good test

Looks like it too Mike

A few weeks back you were saying that Stam was in trouble, but it looks like it's been turned around a bit.

It's such a close league that even in 17th or 18th place a run of 3-4 decent results can propel you to within reach of the play offs.

Bristols win means unless it's a draw at Bramwell Lane next weekend we will only have a 3 point gap come Mon 11th.

Should be a decent encounter.

I'd take a point and then look for a maximum at home to Hull and also Bolton away.

Fulham and Preston at home to follow over Xmas, then a tough trip to QPR before the FA Cup break

Looks like it too Mike

A few weeks back you were saying that Stam was in trouble, but it looks like it's been turned around a bit.

It's such a close league that even in 17th or 18th place a run of 3-4 decent results can propel you to within reach of the play offs.

Bristols win means unless it's a draw at Bramwell Lane next weekend we will only have a 3 point gap come Mon 11th.

Should be a decent encounter.

I'd take a point and then look for a maximum at home to Hull and also Bolton away.

Fulham and Preston at home to follow over Xmas, then a tough trip to QPR before the FA Cup break

I’m still angry with Stam for the team selections and formations in the first couple of months. He has finally got the message. The problem is we are playing catch up and have to keep winning. Looking at your miserly defence it will be a tough game and I reckon it will end 1-1. You have the best defensive record in the division by a distance but I don’t hear folk on here mentioning this.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    This. Just keep averaging two two points per game and you are going up. You are currently averaging over two points per game. That’s sweet.
    Banana skin = Reading at your place.

Reading blowing hot & cold this season but still a very class outfit on their day.

Remember a few years ago your boys being just above bottom 3 and then winning virtually every game to get promoted.

It's a game of two halves, and if we outscore our opponents in a match we will win. It's all about putting the ball in the net, and we need to do it on a regular basis. Just to recap, points equal prizes, so let's take it one game at a time.

Or....

Please explain how they play two games before we do....fixtures don’t say they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Banana skin = Reading at your place.

Reading blowing hot & cold this season but still a very class outfit on their day.

Remember a few years ago your boys being just above bottom 3 and then winning virtually every game to get promoted.
    Yep under McDermott. We ended up finishing ahead of Saints and West Ham with a very ordinary squad. Our current squad is much more talented and Stam has finally stopped being an idiot by playing a lightweight Dutch winger as centre forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Please explain how they play two games before we do....fixtures don’t say they do?
    The OP was this morning, so today's, Monday's and next Saturday's fixtures presumably, with everybody playing twice before we play a week Monday.

Still don’t work out

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Still don’t work out
    Wolves play Monday and Saturday.
    Sheffield United played today and next Friday.
    Bristol City played today and next Saturday.

All will have played twice between this morning's post and our next game on 11th December.

I get it now....but the won’t win will they

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's a game of two halves, and if we outscore our opponents in a match we will win. It's all about putting the ball in the net, and we need to do it on a regular basis. Just to recap, points equal prizes, so let's take it one game at a time.
    I bet if you really try you can squeeze a few more cliches into this post. You just need to think outside the box!