+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where was Bennett playing last night??

Where was Bennett playing last night??

Time and again last night Bennett was getting drawn across the pitch, in the middle or even over on Mangas side.

In the first half ,Norwich were spraying the cross field passes to exploit the space, leaving poor old Hoilett with a hell of a job.

It can’t have been poor positioning because it was happening so often, so must have been tactical... was he man marking? Any ideas what he was up to??

Re: Where was Bennett playing last night??

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    Time and again last night Bennett was getting drawn across the pitch, in the middle or even over on Mangas side.

In the first half ,Norwich were spraying the cross field passes to exploit the space, leaving poor old Hoilett with a hell of a job.

It can’t have been poor positioning because it was happening so often, so must have been tactical... was he man marking? Any ideas what he was up to??
    That's exactly what I thought and I also came to the conclusion he was man-marking, leaving Hoilett to deal with any threat down the wing. Bit iffy, I thought.

Hoilett had a poor first half cos he had to back track so much. Second half I thought Bennett was more disciplined which allowed Hoilett more time to go forward.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Hoilett had a poor first half cos he had to back track so much. Second half I thought Bennett was more disciplined which allowed Hoilett more time to go forward.
    I thought Bamba did a good job of covering across as well.

Bennett was man marking I guess Maddison, although my eyesore is a bit shite.

Norwich didn't create much down the left and everything they did was down our right, at times it was lucky he was there.

Murphy gave Manga a torrid time , luckily his final ball was rubbish