+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomlin's turn in build up to 3rd goal

Tomlin's turn in build up to 3rd goal

Re: Tomlin's turn in build up to 3rd goal

It's decent but I think both Norwich players bought it a bit easily.

Messi-esque

Tomlin just thinks quicker than anyone else and it shows. The flick over the keeper for the second penalty is another example and it's made to look so simple.

The manager calls his half-time introduction as 'a gamble' but he knows what the player is capable of. Let's hope Tomlin gets the message and decides to keep delivering - he can be the wild card that Tarabt was for Warnock's QPR title winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's decent but I think both Norwich players bought it a bit easily.
    In all sports a better player will make you look amateurish, I doubt they are bought that easily when against lesser midfielders.

So your comment just holds no value at all

I like Tomlin, but 'no.10's' are a luxury, especially in the Championship. Let's hope he can keep fit, and deliver when we need him.
    Warnock says he's not a midfielder, and he's not an out and out striker.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    I like Tomlin, but 'no.10's' are a luxury, especially in the Championship. Let's hope he can keep fit, and deliver when we need him.
    Warnock says he's not a midfielder, and he's not an out and out striker.
    I really don't think that Bryson is the answer in midfield, Darmour constantly performs better than him when he gets a chance. How many games have we lost when Damour has played?

I think that Tomlin certainly has a role to play in the team s the season progresses, probably more as an impact substitute rather than a starter. A midfield of Ralls, Gunnar, Damour behind Junior, NML and Ken/Bogle/Ward is looking great option.

Very good. But what is "Tommo Tekkers"

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Tomlin Technique

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Tekkers is a slang word used by SoccerAM on Sky for bits of skill. Not sure if it was around before then

It amazes me why Bryson gets the nod over Tomlin at home. I can understand away from home wanting to be more solid but Tomlin should be the first name on the team sheet at home where the onus is on us the get on the front foot.

I thought Tomlin looked a bit off the pace on Friday - maybe it's because our other attacking players tend to move so quickly when we are going well?

Also, having seen it again, I'm not sure about our second penalty - think there may have been an element of justice when Gunn saved it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I thought Tomlin looked a bit off the pace on Friday - maybe it's because our other attacking players tend to move so quickly when we are going well?

Also, having seen it again, I'm not sure about our second penalty - think there may have been an element of justice when Gunn saved it.
    He's not in the same class physically as the rest of the team, which is why I think his opportunities have been limited. I have yet to see the extended highlights on iFollow, but impossible to be sure about the penalty from the main camera angle. Is there another view?

Keeper didn’t complain about giving away the second pen. If it was a dive and he’d been cheated surely he would have remonstrated with the referee?

Awful penalty anyway

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    He's not in the same class physically as the rest of the team, which is why I think his opportunities have been limited. I have yet to see the extended highlights on iFollow, but impossible to be sure about the penalty from the main camera angle. Is there another view?
    Yeah he does look out of shape. Think he’s always struggled with his weight. I imagine when he hangs up his boots and isn’t training every day he will balloon.

International

I think we've won ever game that Damour has started.
    Not sure about when he's come on as a sub.
    The boy is a real find.