+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swansea Phoenix Club -FFS!!!!!

Re: Swansea Phoenix Club -FFS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    To be fair, they were doing alright until the foreign owners came in. Maybe, just maybe, their fans were right to fear foreign investment.
    The laughable movie they made ( which seemed to ignore quite a few facts ) was nothing more than a PR device to attract US investment... so how were they "doing alright"? Those so called local "fans" puffed up their peacock feathers for personal profit.

Huw Jenkins, he of failed business, is magically a guru? He, Monk et al drove their best ever manager Laudrup out. Look at their player recruitment ever since.

The Americans run investment funds from memory. At least they are a damn sight more honest about being in it for the money.

Delusion as usual but let’s encourage it, maybe the new Swansea town club will rise up the lleagues in record time for a derby with Swansea City in the conference in about 5 years.....

International

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    What goes around.
    Very few of them did any better tan gurn and squawk like half-wits when we were in pain.

On an unrelated/related note - Anyone actually been to Swansea recently? Jeez ..
    It's a shock just how run down and fecked the whole town appears. Seriously bad.
    I have a part time job collecting cars and am forced to fo there occasionally. It is a truly depressing site
    (I used the word 'site' deliberately, as in bomb site)

Shocking place and now they want to spend millions on a cable car to view the slums from the air......weird

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I made the mistake of feeling sorry for them once. Even put a few quid in the bucket for them. Never again.
    I threw the end of my " rollover hotdog " ( or whatever it was called ) in the bucket, only the bread end of it, with some unfunny quip like " its better than a dead rat " , I wasnt sober at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    To be fair, they were doing alright until the foreign owners came in. Maybe, just maybe, their fans were right to fear foreign investment.
    They were always punching above where they should be

running at a loss apart from the odd gem they stumbled upon and sold for a good profit, which enabled them to go again and hope for another gem, at some point them gems cannot be found and thats the end of the line, the board knew this and knew it couldnt go on forever