+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A fairer Britain under the Tories?

Re: A fairer Britain under the Tories?

Good to see that Damian Green has now departed. The more this Govt is damaged the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Good to see that Damian Green has now departed. The more this Govt is damaged the better.
    Indeed, re first point.

But re second point - No longer a good time to have the distraction of a damaged Gov't perhaps.

A non-party-political coalition would be a superb option now.
    Not going to happen as we know. Besides, majority of entrenched, partisan Britons would likely rather shoot themselves in the collective foot than even consider it.

I fear that we are nowhere near as smart as the average brexiteer seems to somehow think we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post

A fairer Britain under the Tories

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/20/woman-...-cuts-7174470/

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Indeed, re first point.

But re second point - No longer a good time to have the distraction of a damaged Gov't perhaps.

A non-party-political coalition would be a superb option now.
    Not going to happen as we know. Besides, majority of entrenched, partisan Britons would likely rather shoot themselves in the collective foot than even consider it.

I fear that we are nowhere near as smart as the average brexiteer seems to somehow think we are.
    I don’t trust any of the fools in high office. May, Fox, Davis, Johnson etc etc. Dreadful politicians.
    There are a few decent Tories like Ken Clark and Sarah Woolaston. However they are outnumbered by the hard right morons like Rees-Mogg
    The sooner they get kicked out the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Other countries treat their folk much worse

And of course it’s all those poor peoples fault in it

128,000 children homeless

1,000,000 + food emergency food parcels distributed in a year

120,000 austerity linked deaths

134% increase in rough sleeping

8,000,000 people living in poverty

Public services decimated

And it’s all the fault of those bastard claiming benefits
    This government is worse than Thatcher's

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    This government is worse than Thatcher's
    Steady on , that twisted mean ole cuunt , stole my milk
    surely this mob are not as bad
    as that cuunt

The country population and need for everything to be free at the point of access is the issue.

Yes you could fund it all , borroe or tax tge rich more , open the borders and make hay , however be ready for no future for your grandchildren , this goverment is poor the coalition was okay, neither of them, or any Tory government compares with Thatcher thats madness , and we had fair less folk to care for when she got nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The country population and need for everything to be free at the point of access is the issue.

Yes you could fund it all , borroe or tax tge rich more , open the borders and make hay , however be ready for no future for your grandchildren , this goverment is poor the coalition was okay, neither of them, or any Tory government compares with Thatcher thats madness , and we had fair less folk to care for when she got nasty.
    I read some survey the other day that calculated the typical person meets/interacts with 80,000 different people during the course of their lifetime. It got me thinking, and I reached for a calculator... it would mean at a maximum you or I would meet/interact with just one in every 8,250 fellow Britons - the rest of the 66 million will forever remain strangers. I don't really blame those using tax havens to pay as little as possible to HM Treasury for them to redistribute to those they will never encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I read some survey the other day that calculated the typical person meets/interacts with 80,000 different people during the course of their lifetime. It got me thinking, and I reached for a calculator... it would mean at a maximum you or I would meet/interact with just one in every 8,250 fellow Britons - the rest of the 66 million will forever remain strangers. I don't really blame those using tax havens to pay as little as possible to HM Treasury for them to redistribute to those they will never encounter.
    Either your calculator is broken or you are more pissed than usual.

Bloody hell, Dai, we had assumed you'd snuffed it.

Yes, it's 1 in 825.

This is where I saw the info: https://www.quora.com/How-many-peopl...-in-a-lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Bloody hell, Dai, we had assumed you'd snuffed it.

Yes, it's 1 in 825.

This is where I saw the info: https://www.quora.com/How-many-peopl...-in-a-lifetime
    After our comments about the people who cannot be criticised were deleted - probably by the Wife of Bath - I decided to not to bother. But I still lurk in order to correct some of the more egregious examples of innumeracy.