+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A fairer Britain under the Tories?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A fairer Britain under the Tories?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The country population and need for everything to be free at the point of access is the issue.

Yes you could fund it all , borroe or tax tge rich more , open the borders and make hay , however be ready for no future for your grandchildren , this goverment is poor the coalition was okay, neither of them, or any Tory government compares with Thatcher thats madness , and we had fair less folk to care for when she got nasty.
    I read some survey the other day that calculated the typical person meets/interacts with 80,000 different people during the course of their lifetime. It got me thinking, and I reached for a calculator... it would mean at a maximum you or I would meet/interact with just one in every 8,250 fellow Britons - the rest of the 66 million will forever remain strangers. I don't really blame those using tax havens to pay as little as possible to HM Treasury for them to redistribute to those they will never encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I read some survey the other day that calculated the typical person meets/interacts with 80,000 different people during the course of their lifetime. It got me thinking, and I reached for a calculator... it would mean at a maximum you or I would meet/interact with just one in every 8,250 fellow Britons - the rest of the 66 million will forever remain strangers. I don't really blame those using tax havens to pay as little as possible to HM Treasury for them to redistribute to those they will never encounter.
    Either your calculator is broken or you are more pissed than usual.

Bloody hell, Dai, we had assumed you'd snuffed it.

Yes, it's 1 in 825.

This is where I saw the info: https://www.quora.com/How-many-peopl...-in-a-lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Bloody hell, Dai, we had assumed you'd snuffed it.

Yes, it's 1 in 825.

This is where I saw the info: https://www.quora.com/How-many-peopl...-in-a-lifetime
    After our comments about the people who cannot be criticised were deleted - probably by the Wife of Bath - I decided to not to bother. But I still lurk in order to correct some of the more egregious examples of innumeracy.