+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jon Parkin on Jimmy Bullard’s podcast

Jon Parkin on Jimmy Bullard’s podcast

Seriously recommend you all listen to this lol.

Tells many hilarious stories including one about chops and bothroyd

https://www.acast.com/magicsponge/jonthebeastparkin

Re: Jon Parkin on Jimmy Bullard’s podcast

Bump

Parkin episode is good - Jay Bothroyd No. 1 on his shit list

However listen to both episodes with Tony Warner as the guest.

Some truly hilarious stories. In the devil fish episode a very funny story about his Millwall debut at Ninian Park where he had a running battle with a City fan in the Canton Stand (bet someone on here knows who it is)

In his other episode he tells a very funny story about Coleman at Fulham - I had no idea Coleman had a reputation as a hard man

It’s lads humour and full of gutter language but if you’re ok with that I assure you it’s hugely entertaining

Thanks for making me aware of it Baker

I had a listen. Quite entertaining.

I didn't have the patience to endure the drivel beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I didn't have the patience to endure the drivel beforehand.
    It was mildly annoying how much they seem to enjoy entertaining each other. It felt like there was at least one person too many in the room.

Each to their own. Maybe my sense of humor is very simple because I find the laddish humor in the podcast hilarious, and some of the stories are unbelievable

Anyone willing to sum up what Parkin said related to Cardiff?

Really enjoyed this podcast. Jay Bothroyd's summary by Parkin was just as I imagined (sadly)

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Anyone willing to sum up what Parkin said related to Cardiff?
    Just that bothroyd was arrogant. That him and chops once argued over who had the most DnG gear. Also that the kind of nasty way Bellamy comes across is just because he's a winner and expects everyone around him to be at their best. I think he said He wouldn't really wanna go for a pint just the two of them, but wouldn't mind him being thee in a group, cos he's alright really.

It was quite funny what he was saying about Phil brown..

What became of chopra? A guy who should be retiring a millionaire like most of this generation, no doubt hasn’t got a pot to piss in. Does he still owe cash to gangster loan sharks......

Anyone willing to sum up what Parkin said related to Phil Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Just that bothroyd was arrogant. That him and chops once argued over who had the most DnG gear. Also that the kind of nasty way Bellamy comes across is just because he's a winner and expects everyone around him to be at their best. I think he said He wouldn't really wanna go for a pint just the two of them, but wouldn't mind him being thee in a group, cos he's alright really.

It was quite funny what he was saying about Phil brown..
    Cheers. I was desperate for us to sign freddy Eastwood ahead of Bothroyd at the time, but Dave Jones really got the best out of him early on, he was technically brilliant, strong, could hold the ball up, had a bit of pace. Then it all went to his head, especially around the time of that England call up. Doesn't surprise me he was a bit arrogant though, same with chops.

The Tony Warner interview is here: https://www.acast.com/magicsponge/to...ndthedevilfish

Go to the 31 minute mark to listen to his account of his Millwall debut at Ninian Park in 1999. He agrees with the interviewer that Ninny was "horrible" and goes on to describe the abuse he suffered that day and of what their fans endured inside the ground.

Millwall were as game as always that sunny day, but blimey, they were on the wrong end of a shoeing all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The Tony Warner interview is here: https://www.acast.com/magicsponge/to...ndthedevilfish

Go to the 31 minute mark to listen to his account of his Millwall debut at Ninian Park in 1999. He agrees with the interviewer that Ninny was "horrible" and goes on to describe the abuse he suffered that day and of what their fans endured inside the ground.

Millwall were as game as always that sunny day, but blimey, they were on the wrong end of a shoeing all day long.
    Sounds like a load of bollocks. Bricks and bottles?

Millwall fans were housed in the open Grange End. Missiles of all descriptions were lobbed over the back of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Sounds like a load of bollocks. Bricks and bottles?
    It is true.

[QUOTE=jeepster;4818070]It is true.[/QUOTE

Happened on multiple occasions when the Grange End was totally open and City fans on the bob bank walked behind it to get out of the ground. I remember all sorts of shit being hurled at Chelsea fans by our adorable Neanderthals

Yes, many opposing fans received similar treatment. Man City's on the day Nathan Blake scored a humdinger of a winner had it rough. Harking back to Millwall in '99 I saw a tin of corned beef being launched from behind the Grange.

Listening to these accounts from players about Ninian make me wish we just renovated the old stadium. Really was an intimidating place, would have hated to been the away team.