+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farage on Andrew Marr

Re: Farage on Andrew Marr

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you say in the last paragraph. My main bone of contention with the referendum was that in elections you have clearly defined manifestoes from political parties. This we didn’t just a lot of empty rhetoric and the bullshit wrote on the side of a bus.

I’m no rampant europhile but life has taught me To stick with what you know rather then gambling.
    Are you forgetting about the deceit that got us into the common market in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Are you forgetting about the deceit that got us into the common market in the first place?
    I’m going to dread this but care to explain?
    I wasn’t born anyway till 1974 so all I’ve been known is the EEC/EU.

Hasn’t been too bad, not brilliant but what is? All I’m seeing is disorganised negotiations causing the economy to slow down for what o think will bit be the golden prize that people who voted leave believe.

I’m going to dread this but care to explain?
    I wasn’t born anyway till 1974 so all I’ve been known is the EEC/EU.

Hasn’t been too bad, not brilliant but what is? All I’m seeing is disorganised negotiations causing the economy to slow down for what o think will bit be the golden prize that people who voted leave believe.
    The public were tricked into joining a common market, when the intention all along was the formation of a federal Europe. Heath wasn't around for long either, he left soon after he had accomplished his mission.

The public were tricked into joining a common market, when the intention all along was the formation of a federal Europe. Heath wasn't around for long either, he left soon after he had accomplished his mission.

I could counter that with a large number of people were duped into voting leave by that bollocks in the side of a red bus.

We’d be here all night though as you ain’t going to convince me leave was right and me convincing you remain was a good idea👍

I could counter that with a large number of people were duped into voting leave by that bollocks in the side of a red bus.

We’d be here all night though as you ain’t going to convince me leave was right and me convincing you remain was a good idea��
    It all boils down to globalisation v nation states.

It may be that.
    it certainly boils down to people not getting quite what they thought that voted for.
    I suspect that may become the understatement of the millennia by the time we get to brexit itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    100% agreed - just youtube it - there are lots of documentaries on it. You may also be interested to note that Corbyn was a staunch Brexiteer even in those days and voted to stay out the 'EEC' as it was called in those days - along with many other Labour politicians. Corbyn has not changed his political views in over 40plus years - so I laugh when people tell me Corbyn was a remainer - he wasnt and neither were his political mates back in the 70's.

Here are a couple of speeches by some heavey weight Labour MPs back in the day :-

Everyone knows Corbyn wanted out of Europe, it’s well documented, who are these people you laugh at who don’t know this?

Do you want names ?

It's just about every mate I have who votes Labour and voted remain, and who cant quite get their heads around the fact that if Corbyn had campaigned with a bit more vigour during the campaign he could have delivered them the Remain vote in enough Labour heartlands to swing it.
    You’ve got some dull friends

I have some very politically engaged mates - and we can actually manage to talk politics reasonably without the usual 2@ like mannerisms that affect people on this board (hint).

I know some very died in the wool hard left types from school , they were radicalised before they joined the public sector (where they have been ever since). Most of them spend there day digging oles whilst the others spend their day filling holes in - they are all very busy doing 'stuff'
    And in English please.

We seemed to have been tricked into joining the common market by voting 67/33 in favour. What percentage represents the democratic will of the people again?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    We seemed to have been tricked into joining the common market by voting 67/33 in favour. What percentage represents the democratic will of the people again?
    We didn't have the internet back then, we were real proper sheep

We didn't have the internet back then, we were real proper sheep
    Really?
    I doubt we have ever been so manipulated - and so easily, and potentially from so afar - as we are today.